Thread: Ron Paul 84% job approval rating

Lightbulb Ron Paul 84% job approval rating

http://www.politico.com/news/stories...640_Page3.html

A Moore Information survey conducted for Paul’s campaign showed Paul picking up 74 percent of the vote in a primary contest. Seventy-nine percent said they had a favorable impression of Paul, with 84 percent approving of his job performance.
    "He's not representing his district!"

Yadda, yadda.
    "That's one thing about freedom; you have to tolerate the nonsense too." - Ron Paul

2. Remove this section of ads by registering.
    jokas
    "He's talkin' to his gut like it's a person!!" -me
    "dumpster diving isn't professional." - angelatc
    "You don't need a medical degree to spot obvious bullshit, that's actually a separate skill." -Scott Adams
    "When you are divided, and angry, and controlled, you target those 'different' from you, not those responsible [controllers]" -Q

"Each of us must choose which course of action we should take: education, conventional political action, or even peaceful civil disobedience to bring about necessary changes. But let it not be said that we did nothing." - Ron Paul

"Paul said "the wave of the future" is a coalition of anti-authoritarian progressive Democrats and libertarian Republicans in Congress opposed to domestic surveillance, opposed to starting new wars and in favor of ending the so-called War on Drugs."

When people understand his message he's popular. When all people see are media straw men they are deceived.

Freedom is popular

Ron paul!!!!!
    Quote Originally Posted by PaulConventionWV View Post
    You're not making the claim that there's no objective best diet, are you?
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]

The citizens of the Texas 14th Congressional District have someone representing them
    that has become a more powerful force in Washington after the national election -
    sitting on important Finance Committees he can represent them very well.

We hope it is a landslide Tuesday.

Citizens from around the nation - heck around the globe even - thank the 14th District of Texas constituents for electing someone watching Washington DC shenanigans closely, and never backing down from calling them out on issues.
    Last edited by Juan McCain; 02-28-2010 at 08:47 PM. Reason: spellin'

While Congress overall has a, what, 9 percent approval rating?

Go Ron Paul!!
    “Civilizations die from suicide, not by murder.” - Arnold Toynbee

The guy means what he says and says what he means. If his constituents didn't like it, they would have voted him out long ago.

They should conduct a poll where they ask, "Are you proud of your congressperson?" Why do I imagine his district would poll above all others?

I wish he was my representative instead of Gerrold marxist Nadler.
    "Your mother's dead, before long I'll be dead, and you...and your brother and your sister and all of her children, all of us dead, all of us..rotting in the ground. It's the family name that lives on. It's all that lives on. Not your personal glory, not your honor, but family." - Tywin Lannister

Seventy-nine percent said they had a favorable impression of Paul, with 84 percent approving of his job performance.
    What does that statistic even mean? "I'm not sure who he is, but he does a great job representing me?"

10. Remove this section of ads by registering.
    Quote Originally Posted by angelatc View Post
    What does that statistic even mean? "I'm not sure who he is, but he does a great job representing me?"
    again, 97% of statistics are made up on the spot.

Quote Originally Posted by Anti Federalist View Post

Go Ron Paul!!
    Those statistics are skewed. If you take RP out, Congressional approval is less than 1%.

Internal Polls are trash.

Quote Originally Posted by TCE View Post
    Internal Polls are trash.
    Oh, yeah!?
    "That's one thing about freedom; you have to tolerate the nonsense too." - Ron Paul

Quote Originally Posted by Juan McCain View Post

Citizens from around the nation - yeck around the globe even - thank the 14th District of Texas constituents for electing someone watching Washington DC shenanigans closely

you all are welcome...

Seventy-nine percent said they had a favorable impression of Paul, with 84 percent approving of his job performance.
    The husband thinks that the disparity might be the war voters.

It doesn't say whether this is just among republicans or not.

Quote Originally Posted by angelatc View Post
    The husband thinks that the disparity might be the war voters.
    Probably hits very close to the truth. His support is for his job in the House. His longtime campaign slogan has been "The Taxpayers Best Friend". Even in his home county,though, his support goes down when asked if the constituent would support him for POTUS. This is primarily a result of his foreign policy position.
    Those who would give up Essential Liberty to purchase a little Temporary Safety, deserve neither Liberty nor Safety - Benjamin Franklin

19. Remove this section of ads by registering.
    Wow.... is there anyone in Congress with a higher approval rating?

Quote Originally Posted by BlackTerrel View Post
    I doubt it.
    "He's talkin' to his gut like it's a person!!" -me
    "dumpster diving isn't professional." - angelatc
    "You don't need a medical degree to spot obvious bullshit, that's actually a separate skill." -Scott Adams
    "When you are divided, and angry, and controlled, you target those 'different' from you, not those responsible [controllers]" -Q

"Each of us must choose which course of action we should take: education, conventional political action, or even peaceful civil disobedience to bring about necessary changes. But let it not be said that we did nothing." - Ron Paul

"Paul said "the wave of the future" is a coalition of anti-authoritarian progressive Democrats and libertarian Republicans in Congress opposed to domestic surveillance, opposed to starting new wars and in favor of ending the so-called War on Drugs."

Quote Originally Posted by Knightskye View Post
    Oh, yeah!?
    Yes. Internal polls are almost always skewed. Take off 5-10 points and you have the real numbers, if the polls are any bit accurate. Most are push polls, varying in extremely to lightly pushy.

Quote Originally Posted by BlackTerrel
    There is. Congress consistently has a low approval rating, however, everyone likes their own guy. So, if you polls every House District, you'll find most of them have approval ratings over 50%. It's the classic "it's your fault, not mine" mentality.

I am sure this has to be the highest ranking in congress. should be front page news
    "Liberty lies in the hearts of men and women; when it dies there, no constitution, no law, no court can save it; no constitution, no law, no court can even do much to help it."
    James Madison

"It does not take a majority to prevail ... but rather an irate, tireless minority, keen on setting brushfires of freedom in the minds of men." - Samuel Adams

Μολὼν λάβε
    Dum Spiro, Pugno
    Tu ne cede malis sed contra audentior ito

Is that an approval among republicans or overall?

@ The bottom of that article

"Correction: An earlier version of this article listed incorrect favorable and job approval ratings in Paul's internal polling.

edit: wow the comments on that article are eye sores, I'd rather pretend such ignorance didn't exist.

Quote Originally Posted by Anti Federalist View Post

Go Ron Paul!!
    I think most Congressman have a high approval rating from their districts.... Congress itself has a low rating, the individual congressman however do better. How, I don't know.

I just remember asking about that in a political science class along time ago. I asked if Congress has such a low approval rating how come the majority of incumbents stay each election, to which I was told the individual Representatives are "liked / approved of". Sounds like something silly enough to be true.
    Last edited by Andrew-Austin; 02-28-2010 at 11:16 PM.