Thread: RP was just on Dylan Rattigan

RP was just on Dylan Rattigan

Really positive interview. Talked about how progressives could get behind his message on civil liberties, war, and the fed and explained his fiscal ideals. Rattigan ended it saying, "I dont think anyone watching this show can disagree with a durn thing you just said."
    Preventive war was an invention of Hitler. Frankly,I would not even listen to anyone seriously that talked about such a thing. ~ General Dwight D Eisenhower
    Those who know do not talk. Those who talk do not know. -Lao Tzu

2. Remove this section of ads by registering.
    Thanks for the heads up, I'm sure it will be on MSNBC's website soon.
    if modern agriculture continues to follow the path it's on now, it's finished. The food-growing situation may seem to be in good shape today, but that's just an illusion based on the current availability of petroleum fuels. All the wheat, corn, and other crops that are produced on big American farms may be alive and growing, but they're not products of real nature or real agriculture. They're manufactured rather than grown. The earth isn't producing those things.. petroleum is! -Masanobu Fukuoka

Is it just me, or does Dylan Ratigan seem like an alright guy? I've only seen a few minutes here and there of his show but he seems like an honest, straightforward person. He doesn't seem like a complete douche like Matthews or Overbite.

Quote Originally Posted by krazy kaju View Post
    Is it just me, or does Dylan Ratigan seem like an alright guy? I've only seen a few minutes here and there of his show but he seems like an honest, straightforward person. He doesn't seem like a complete douche like Matthews or Overbite.
    I'd say yeah, from what I've seen so far. He's no Napalitano, but he's one of the few who I would say is on our side.
    if modern agriculture continues to follow the path it's on now, it's finished. The food-growing situation may seem to be in good shape today, but that's just an illusion based on the current availability of petroleum fuels. All the wheat, corn, and other crops that are produced on big American farms may be alive and growing, but they're not products of real nature or real agriculture. They're manufactured rather than grown. The earth isn't producing those things.. petroleum is! -Masanobu Fukuoka

I wouldn't say that he's on our side, he clearly is a progressive, but he's someone who I think will look past politics most of the time, cut the bull$#@!, and get down to what he believes is right. I can respect someone like that. I can't respect spineless, melodramatic, and sophistic morons like Matthews, Overbite, Maddow, et al.

he used to host fast money on CNBC.

people might not like wall street, but the people there know how the world works alot more than people in DC, thus guys like rattigan understand the money side very very well and thats a key part of the liberty thing.

they are speaking the same language more often than when paul speaks to most other pundits.

Mr. Ratigan seems like a good, understanding individual. However, aside from perhaps a 'thank you' email when warranted, let's avoid Beck'ing any more on-air personalities. We ill need any more of such emotional attachments. I'm not suggesting that anyone here is, or was, planning on making Mr. Ratigan "our" next idolized media figure, who will "spread the word for us;" I just felt it needed to be said, I guess /rant? lol

Quote Originally Posted by someperson View Post
    Mr. Ratigan seems like a good, understanding individual. However, aside from perhaps a 'thank you' email when warranted, let's avoid Beck'ing any more on-air personalities. We ill need any more of such emotional attachments. I'm not suggesting that anyone here is, or was, planning on making Mr. Ratigan "our" next idolized media figure, who will "spread the word for us;" I just felt it needed to be said, I guess /rant? lol
    Dude, not all of us on this forum were fooled by Beck. I was never on that bandwagon. I don't see Ratigan pulling a hit job on Dr. Paul and company anytime soon.

10. Remove this section of ads by registering.
    I hope I didn't convey the idea that I thought "all of us" or even "most of us" Beck'ed Mr. Beck. I added a sentence to reinforce that point, but I guess it wasn't clear. I apologize if I failed to communicate my thoughts effectively.