Thread: Republican Senatorial Candidate Peter Schiff slams Dave Ramsey's "Dr. Doom" comments

Republican Senatorial Candidate Peter Schiff slams Dave Ramsey's "Dr. Doom" comments

KEEP THE REVOLUTION ALIVE! RUN FOR OFFICE!

2. Remove this section of ads by registering.
    What a freaking idiot!!!

I just posted this on David Ramsey's facebook page. Its funny because I just started checking out the guy, not for economic advice, but some of his advice on getting out of persona debt is pretty good. But obviously, when it comes to growing and maintaining wealth, he is DEAD WRONG!

Dave has good advice in some areas but clearly he is very wrong in others! Like Peter said he often got in bigger debates with Republicans over the years rather than the Democrats.

I love how none of these anti-Austrian folks ever come out with any solid arguments against Austrian theory, but instead throw around childish pejoratives like "kook", "crackpot", and "nutcase", as if they can just shame people into conforming to conventional wisdom.

Quote Originally Posted by BuddyRey View Post
    I love how none of these anti-Austrian folks ever come out with any solid arguments against Austrian theory, but instead throw around childish pejoratives like "kook", "crackpot", and "nutcase", as if they can just shame people into conforming to conventional wisdom.

That really pissed me off. Irwin Schiffs only downfall is not realizing the government breaks the law all the time...and it got HIM put in jail.

I actually like Dave Ramsey. He has some great stuff to help people struggling to get out of debt (The "Total Money Makeover" is an excellent book that I would recommend to everyone). He is all about paying for stuff with money you've saved and living much further under your means (so you can invest your money). However, he is does not have the most groundbreaking investment advice, and is pretty ignorant in the best investment strategies.

pWNED by schiff

"When men yield up the privilege of thinking, the last shadow of liberty quits the horizon."
    -Thomas Paine

"Every man gotta right to decide his own destiny"
    -Bob Marley

"In matters of style swim with the current; In matters of principle, stand like a rock."
    -Thomas Jefferson

Peace, love, and happiness.

10. Remove this section of ads by registering.
    Quote Originally Posted by Au-H2O View Post
    I actually like Dave Ramsey. He has some great stuff to help people struggling to get out of debt (The "Total Money Makeover" is an excellent book that I would recommend to everyone). He is all about paying for stuff with money you've saved and living much further under your means (so you can invest your money). However, he is does not have the most groundbreaking investment advice, and is pretty ignorant in the best investment strategies.
    The bolded comment is so true. He takes a pretty "plain vanilla" approach, and tends to paint with broad brush strokes. That's what I would expect, though.

At any rate, I'm not so sure attacking Dave Ramsey gives him any leg up in the primary. Dave Ramsey has a HUGE Christian following, and many of his supporters (Ramsey's) are diehards.