Thread: All those conservatives cheering for Scott Brown

All those conservatives cheering for Scott Brown

WASHINGTON—Freshman Republican Sen. Scott Brown (R., Mass.) is to vote with the Democratic majority and support a crucial procedural motion on a $15 billion piece of legislation aimed at spurring job creation, an aide to the senator said Monday.

The move by Mr. Brown to break with most of his party's members in his first ever vote in the Senate is a significant development.

http://online.wsj.com/article/SB1000..._sections_news

2. Remove this section of ads by registering.
    LOL

We haven't heard from SarahGOP and the other brown nosers in a while.

It expans the Patriot Act also.

Quote Originally Posted by Pepsi View Post
    It expans the Patriot Act also.
    What do you mean expand it? It was already made permanent a couple of years ago.

Quote Originally Posted by The Patriot View Post
    What do you mean expand it? It was already made permanent a couple of years ago.
    No it wasn't.

Quote Originally Posted by The Patriot View Post
    Senators Slip Patriot Act Extension into Jobs Bill
    Courage ~ Strength ~ Integrity
    RON PAUL 2012
    ----------------------
    Visit Planet ToLive
    ----------------------
    It's Thirteen O'Clock
    ----------------------
    "I am surprised at the suddenness, as well as the greatness of this revolution. Is not the change we have seen astonishing? What man, two years ago, would have thought it possible?"
    - John Adams, July 3, 1776

*Shocked*

/sarc
    "He's talkin' to his gut like it's a person!!" -me
    "dumpster diving isn't professional." - angelatc
    "You don't need a medical degree to spot obvious bullshit, that's actually a separate skill." -Scott Adams
    "When you are divided, and angry, and controlled, you target those 'different' from you, not those responsible [controllers]" -Q

"Each of us must choose which course of action we should take: education, conventional political action, or even peaceful civil disobedience to bring about necessary changes. But let it not be said that we did nothing." - Ron Paul

"Paul said "the wave of the future" is a coalition of anti-authoritarian progressive Democrats and libertarian Republicans in Congress opposed to domestic surveillance, opposed to starting new wars and in favor of ending the so-called War on Drugs."

The cost of the legislation would be offset by cracking down on offshore tax evasion, according to details of the legislation released by Mr. Reid's office.

*Shocked*

/sarc
    "He's talkin' to his gut like it's a person!!" -me
    "dumpster diving isn't professional." - angelatc
    "You don't need a medical degree to spot obvious bullshit, that's actually a separate skill." -Scott Adams
    "When you are divided, and angry, and controlled, you target those 'different' from you, not those responsible [controllers]" -Q

"Each of us must choose which course of action we should take: education, conventional political action, or even peaceful civil disobedience to bring about necessary changes. But let it not be said that we did nothing." - Ron Paul

"Paul said "the wave of the future" is a coalition of anti-authoritarian progressive Democrats and libertarian Republicans in Congress opposed to domestic surveillance, opposed to starting new wars and in favor of ending the so-called War on Drugs."

10. Remove this section of ads by registering.
    Just sent this to a good friend of mine in Mass.

Hate to sound like I'm rubbing it in, but, I'm rubbing it in.

YouTube - Wont Get Fooled Again
    “Civilizations die from suicide, not by murder.” - Arnold Toynbee

Quote Originally Posted by ShowMeLiberty View Post
    Well , hell the Tea O Cons will be just fine with it now.

I, like danno, am shocked....shocked I tell you.

ETA - Love that Bill the Cat avatar.

See I told you so....

Somewhere, Joe Kennedy can only smile while shaking his head.

Quote Originally Posted by Anti Federalist View Post
    Just sent this to a good friend of mine in Mass.

Hate to sound like I'm rubbing it in, but, I'm rubbing it in.

YouTube - Wont Get Fooled Again

I like this video, even thow it has nothing to with Brown, just that Pokemon is cooler than the Neocons and the RINOS.

YouTube - Pokémon Gangsta Rap

What a shocker! Glad I got people to vote for Kennedy.

I'm not surprised.

Jokes on you Mass!
    Do a barrel roll!

Quote Originally Posted by Pepsi View Post
    I like this video, even thow it has nothing to with Brown, just that Pokemon is cooler than the Neocons and the RINOS.

YouTube - Pokémon Gangsta Rap
    I'll see your Pokemon rap and raise you one Liar!

YouTube - Rollins Band - Liar

we need to remind these people that Ron Paul will never let you down

19. Remove this section of ads by registering.
    He's "past campaign mode", folks. This is what "conservatives" do.

YouTube - 4409 -- Senator elect Scott Brown tells voters to F%ck off
    Quote Originally Posted by timosman View Post
    This is getting silly.
    Quote Originally Posted by Swordsmyth View Post
    It started silly.
    T.S. Eliot's The Hollow Men

"One of the penalties for refusing to participate in politics is that you end up being governed by your inferiors." - Plato

We Are Running Out of Time - Mini Me

Quote Originally Posted by Philhelm
    I part ways with "libertarianism" when it transitions from ideology grounded in logic into self-defeating autism for the sake of ideological purity.

Good thing we elected Scott Brown!!! He stands up for truck-drivers like me!

"No! No! It's different this time! ...No! Really!"

The use of the sad trombone is authorized.

http://www.sadtrombone.com/

Quote Originally Posted by nobody's_hero View Post
    He's "past campaign mode", folks. This is what "conservatives" do.
    Yep.

Pack up the [cheap] rhetoric until the next election, because it's time to feed Leviathan baybee!

(Of course, if anyone would've actually considered Mr. Brown's record, they would have recognized him for what he was: just another liberty-eating, progressive Republican.)

Uh, I don't have a problem with this. Voting to end filibuster is different than voting for the bill.
    Interested in politics? Check out Red Racing Horses for daily updates on electoral politics, redistricting, and the presidential campaigns.

The use of the sad trombone is authorized.

http://www.sadtrombone.com/
    haha yes it certainly is.

No surprise whatsoever.

I can't wait to see Decepticons start to spin this and say "well we need..jobs, and the patriot act...well, it's good."
    "Your mother's dead, before long I'll be dead, and you...and your brother and your sister and all of her children, all of us dead, all of us..rotting in the ground. It's the family name that lives on. It's all that lives on. Not your personal glory, not your honor, but family." - Tywin Lannister

Quote Originally Posted by Cowlesy View Post
    haha yes it certainly is.

No surprise whatsoever.

I can't wait to see Decepticons start to spin this and say "well we need..jobs, and the patriot act...well, it's good."
    LOL.

Cowlesy gets the hat tip for the original sad trombone reference. +1

Patriot Act renewals in the bill?

Sheeeeet, the neo cons would look the other way now, even if the bill authorized the bbq-ing of babies on the White House lawn.

28. Remove this section of ads by registering.
    Quote Originally Posted by Imperial View Post
    Uh, I don't have a problem with this. Voting to end filibuster is different than voting for the bill.
    First he voted to override the filibuster, then he voted for the bill, which passed, with the help of the usual suspects.

Mr. Brown was joined in voting yes by fellow Republican Sens. Olympia Snowe and Susan Collins of Maine, George Voinovich of Ohio and Kit Bond of Missouri.

Democrats suggested the vote could open the door for a period of greater bipartisanship. "It's really a new day," said Mr. Reid (D., Nev.). But Republicans said they were upset that Mr. Reid scuttled a broader bill and blocked GOP amendments.

First he voted to override the filibuster, then he voted for the bill, which passed, with the help of the usual suspects.
    Oh I didn't realize they had voted for the bill yet.
    Interested in politics? Check out Red Racing Horses for daily updates on electoral politics, redistricting, and the presidential campaigns.

Yeah, I'm calling Voinovich in the am. Not lke it will matter, he is retiring.

Why don't Snowe, Collins and Voinovich just join the Democratic party???

I bet this legislation will create (or save) at least zero jobs.

Quote Originally Posted by Imperial View Post
    Oh I didn't realize they had voted for the bill yet.
    You had it right, I missed this in the article:

The measure, which includes tax breaks for businesses hiring unemployed workers, moved ahead on a 62-30 vote, with Sen. Ben Nelson (D., Neb.) voting against it. The Senate is expected to vote on final passage of the bill within days.
    But Scott Brown, at least according to his Facebook page, says he will vote for the bill:

Scott Brown “I came to Washington to be an independent voice, to put politics aside, and to do everything in my power to help create jobs for Massachusetts families. This Senate jobs bill is not perfect. I wish the tax cuts were deeper and broader, but I am voting for it because it contains measures that will help put people back ...to work. ... I hope for improvements in that process going forward.”
    http://www.facebook.com/permalink.ph...d=178795233167