Thread: Rand Paul should've been at CPAC

Rand Paul should've been at CPAC

Howcome Marco Rubio (a tea party candidate) gets to speak at CPAC but Rand doesn't? Rand at least is a true Conservative.

May be he was asked but refused, who knows.

2. Remove this section of ads by registering.
    No, Rand is running a race in KY, not DC. He needed to focus on his future constituents in his home state this weekend.

__________________________________________________ ________________
    "A politician will do almost anything to keep their job, even become a patriot" - Hearst

I wonder if this positive press will play well, indirectly, to Kentucky voters.

Quote Originally Posted by Matt Collins View Post
    No, Rand is running a race in KY, not DC. He needed to focus on his future constituents in his home state this weekend.

I guess. But it is kind of weird DeVore & Rubio got an invite.

Question

Quote Originally Posted by Flash View Post
    I guess. But it is kind of weird DeVore & Rubio got an invite.
    The CFL, YAL, and Ron Paul OWNED CPAC this year. Do you honestly think Rand was somehow "excluded"?

"A politician will do almost anything to keep their job, even become a patriot" - Hearst

The CFL, YAL, and Ron Paul OWNED CPAC this year. Do you honestly think Rand was somehow "excluded"?

When did I say that, Mr. Pictures? I was just asking a question. I was just watching it on the Stream and saw Rubio speaking and wanted to know what is up.
    Last edited by Flash; 02-20-2010 at 07:47 PM.

The great thing about CPAC is that it is profit oriented. They want to sell tickets and generate buzz and get big crowds for publicity.

So whoever is able to bring in the numbers can win instead of it being some sort of establishment game that's rigged.

Quote Originally Posted by Agorism View Post
    The great thing about CPAC is that it is profit oriented. They want to sell tickets and generate buzz and get big crowds for publicity.

So whoever is able to bring in the numbers can win instead of it being some sort of establishment game that's rigged.
    Ah I see.

10. Remove this section of ads by registering.

Thumbs up

Gotta love capitalism

Lightbulb

When did I say that, Mr. Pictures? I was just asking a question. I was just watching it on the Stream and saw Rubio speaking and wanted to know what is up.
    You were implying that Rand was somehow prohibited from attending, and I am telling you that in fact he was indeed not.

Just trying to ensure everyone knows the facts, that's all.

You were implying that Rand was somehow prohibited from attending, and I am telling you that in fact he was indeed not.

Just trying to ensure everyone knows the facts, that's all.

Whoa whoa, calm down. No need to get emotional. I was just wondering cuz I was watching clips with Marco Rubio on the interwebs and thought Tea party candidates were being invited. I wasn't 'implying' anything if thats what you're getting at.

Smile

Whoa whoa, calm down. No need to get emotional. I was just wondering cuz I was watching clips with Marco Rubio on the interwebs and thought Tea party candidates were being invited. I wasn't 'implying' anything if thats what you're getting at.
    Cool, no big deal. I just want to ensure that no one thinks Rand was prohibited from attending. I think we're on the same page now.

CPAC is nice and all but, Rand needs to be speaking at UK home games. We need to have supporters and Rand at Rupp Thursday or at least for the last game.

I passed out all the donor cards and Rand Fan buttons I had. Other people from KY brought out Rand Fan stickers. I also brought back a handful of business cards of people who want to volunteer in any way they can. There was also an ad for Spring Break in KY listed in the pamphlet that everyone at the Ron Paul and Judge Napolitano forum.

All in all I would say that Rand was pretty well established at CPAC.

Quote Originally Posted by BamaFanNKy View Post
    CPAC is nice and all but, Rand needs to be speaking at UK home games. We need to have supporters and Rand at Rupp Thursday or at least for the last game.
    grayson tweets about games and tweeted about going to a football game. if either were present, do you think they'd recognize them at all?

Quote Originally Posted by amisspelledword View Post
    grayson tweets about games and tweeted about going to a football game. if either were present, do you think they'd recognize them at all?
    It's not about an arena announcement or anything like that. He can meet more Kentuckians at a UK basketball or football game than any other setting short the Derby (which may still have less Kentuckians).

19. Remove this section of ads by registering.
    The great thing about CPAC is that it is profit oriented. They want to sell tickets and generate buzz and get big crowds for publicity
    While CPAC is a free-market phenomenon, it isn't profit oriented. Their goal is to break even. As the emcee said before the straw poll results were announced, they spent $1 million on the convention and netted $8,000, which is a very thin margin.

Quote Originally Posted by rp08orbust View Post
    While CPAC is a free-market phenomenon, it isn't profit oriented. Their goal is to break even. As the emcee said before the straw poll results were announced, they spent $1 million on the convention and netted $8,000, which is a very thin margin.
    It's going to be more beneficial for Rand to shake a hundred hands at a WalMart parking lot than go to Washington. At this point, he has more to lose than to gain by attending. He is making his own way in Kentucky, and would only fall underneath his father's shadow if he attended.
    The evils of the protecting-duty, may undoubtedly be graduated by compromises, like those of every other species of tyranny, but the folly of letting in some tyranny has in all ages been fatal to liberty. A succession of wedges, though apparently small, finally splits the strongest timber. ~John Taylor of Caroline, Tyranny Unmasked

We have four boxes with which to defend our freedom: the soap box, the ballot box, the jury box, and the cartridge box. ~Congressman Larry McDonald.