http://www.rasmussenreports.com/publ...indiana_senate

44% approve of Obama
    54% disapprove of Obama

Hostettler: 13 very favorable - 6 very unfavorable
    Coats: 16 - 9
    Stutzman 8 - 6
    Ellsworth 10 - 8
    Hill 8 - 17

2. Remove this section of ads by registering.
    Anyone have a list of all of his votes again?

I saw it somewhere but i can't find it now

I so hope he wins and goes to the Senate!
    "Remember that a government big enough to give you everything you want is also big enough to take away everything you have.” Barry Goldwater

Quote Originally Posted by Agorism View Post
    Anyone have a list of all of his votes again?

I saw it somewhere but i can't find it now
    Here's a collection of some of his key votes breaking ranks with the GOP.
    http://www.ronpaulforums.com/showthread.php?t=222752

Quote Originally Posted by Epic View Post
    http://realclearpolitics.blogs.time....-gop-hopefuls/

Hostettler (R) 49
    Hill (D) 31

Hostettler (R) 46
    Ellsworth (D) 27

Coats (R) 48
    Hill (D) 32

Coats (R) 46
    Ellsworth (D) 32

Stutzman (R) 41
    Hill (D) 33

Stutzman (R) 40
    Ellsworth (D) 30

http://www.rasmussenreports.com/publ...indiana_senate

44% approve of Obama
    54% disapprove of Obama

Hostettler: 13 very favorable - 6 very unfavorable
    Coats: 16 - 9
    Stutzman 8 - 6
    Ellsworth 10 - 8
    Hill 8 - 17
    The party leaders keep trying to use this electability argument for why we all need to shut up and get in line and support Coats. But so far every poll taken has proven them wrong in that argument. What this tells me is that they're not just concerned about electing a Republican, they really only want a Republican who will toe the party line no matter what. An independent like Hostettler scares them just as much as Bayh does.

No there was a better thread on his votes for patriot act etc all listed in one area.

Quote Originally Posted by Agorism View Post
    No there was a better thread on his votes for patriot act etc all listed in one area.
    That's covered in that thread. Or are you looking for something where someone copies and pastes things from the writeup on him at ontheissues.org, tries to call him a neocon, and isn't interested in any dissenting opinion or discussion of all his good votes and sponsored bills?

Ya there was a good thread with copy and paste that i liked.

10. Remove this section of ads by registering.
    I disagree with Ron on quite a few of his views. You know what. Anytime somebody posts a thread about him...I am going to talk trash. Ron Paul.....is NOT PURE enough.

Sincerley,

Slutter McGee

Coats will vote with the GOP virtually all the time, Hostettler will not. So, the Establishment wants Coats.

If we throw support behind Hostettler, it will literally make ALL the difference. If we don't, Coats will coast.

I can understand where the purists are coming from, and I'm not attacking them for sticking with their principles. In a way it's a taste of my own medicine, since I've attacked people like Sarah Palin, Scott Brown, Marco Rubio, Pat Toomey, Doug Hoffman, and Joe Wilson when other people praised them. Hostettler is a proven commodity who's definitely better than any of those people. But just like I set the bar higher than someone, there's someone else who sets it higher than me. I'm fine with that.

I just hope people can at least be honest about him and not dismiss him as a neocon or some run-of-the-mill center-right Republican shill.

If you don't support him that's fine with me. If Rand and Schiff are too comfy with the war on terror for your tastes, and Ron Paul is the single only politician you can give any support in good conscience, then fine, do your thing. I don't see why you have to discourage others from trying to improve things by electing someone to the Senate whose platform is far better than anyone currently in the Senate. And if we could succeed at getting both Rand and Hostettler, or all three Rand, Hostettler, and Schiff, then to me that's a goal well worth putting some effort into.
    Last edited by erowe1; 02-19-2010 at 08:46 AM.

Quote Originally Posted by erowe1 View Post
    I can understand where the purists are coming from, and I'm not attacking them for sticking with their principles. In a way it's a taste of my own medicine, since I've attacked people like Sarah Palin, Scott Brown, Marco Rubio, Pat Toomey, Doug Hoffman, and Joe Wilson when other people praised them. Hostettler is a proven commodity who's definitely better than any of those people. But just like I set the bar higher than someone, there's someone else who sets it higher than me. I'm fine with that.

I just hope people can at least be honest about him and not dismiss him as a neocon or some run-of-the-mill right-of-center Republican shill.
    I was skeptical at first and dismissive, but after reviewing the information you provided I would say he is worthy of support. I would however still like to see what he has to say about the patriot act vote, it really doesn't seem to fit in with his voting record.