Thread: Petition for Dr. James Dobson's endorsement [Sign it]

Petition for Dr. James Dobson's endorsement [Sign it]

Dear Dr. Dobson, Petition Asking for this important endorsement

The petition
    Dear Dr. Dobson,

Recently you said you would vouch for a third party candidate if Rudy Giuliani got the Republican nomination. I find your moral and ideological purity encouraging, because I have felt that my fellow Christians in the past have let themselves be led around by the GOP to their own detriment, supporting candidates because of their words and never considering their deeds.

Unfortunately, a minority party candidate will only serve as a spoiler. Sending the vast swath of American Christians you influence into the fold of a minority party would split the Republican vote and all but guarantee a victory for the near-certain DNC nominee, Hillary Clinton. I don't want to see my fellow Christians letting Rudy Giuliani scuttle our chances at a pro-life President. I think we can avoid this if we pick a pro-life Republican now who can win easily with our help, and that is Ron Paul. The minority parties already endorse him themselves. It is especially important to note that he has gotten the support of Michael Peroutka of the staunchly pure Christian conservative Constitution Party, as well as the endorsement of Michael Badnarik, the pro-choice Libertarian Party candidate who ran in 2004.

Dr. Ron Paul has a wide appeal among several demographics already, including Christians, libertarians, traditional Republicans, independents and the disenfranchised from both parties. He is an OB/GYN who has delivered thousands of babies and has proven himself (with legislation introduced in Congress and his consistent voting record) to be 100% pro-life.

Ron Paul also has many other traits Christians should find appealing, such as his 50-year marriage to one woman, his military record and his intense commitment to keeping the government out of the Church. He has the enthusiastic, accelerating support, he has a massive conversion rate when people hear about his Constitutional populist stances, and his positions have been morally, ethically, and logically unassailable for decades. He has a purity and a consistency we haven't seen in Washington for a long, long time.

Dr. Dobson, it is an effective "nuclear option" to threaten to go with the minority parties if the GOP doesn't cooperate with us, its biggest base. But those minority parties have already gone with Ron Paul. Why not join them now while we still have a chance at reclaiming the GOP, and ensure a pro-life victory in the Republican primaries? Why wait for the Republicans to abandon us?

Dr. Dobson, you can sway the votes of millions. You can either split the conservative vote later and lose to Hillary, or you can help us oust Giuliani now and win. We have three months until the primaries start and Ron Paul could use your help.

Sign the petition

http://www.ipetitions.com/petition/p...son/index.html
    ----

Ron Paul Forum's Mission Statement:

Inspired by US Rep. Ron Paul of Texas, this site is dedicated to facilitating grassroots initiatives that aim to restore a sovereign limited constitutional Republic based on the rule of law, states' rights and individual rights. We seek to enshrine the original intent of our Founders to foster respect for private property, seek justice, provide opportunity, and to secure individual liberty for ourselves and our posterity.

2. Remove this section of ads by registering.
    They want at least 2 bucks.

The Anuzi petition was free, and had incredible impact.

No, you don't have to donate. You signature is recorded.
    ----

Inspired by US Rep. Ron Paul of Texas, this site is dedicated to facilitating grassroots initiatives that aim to restore a sovereign limited constitutional Republic based on the rule of law, states' rights and individual rights. We seek to enshrine the original intent of our Founders to foster respect for private property, seek justice, provide opportunity, and to secure individual liberty for ourselves and our posterity.

Chester Copperpot

signed

Done.
    We elect our own oppressors.

Do we want to be saying "traditional Republicans", or "traditional conservatives"?

10. Remove this section of ads by registering.
    Quote Originally Posted by LibertyEagle View Post
    Do we want to be saying "traditional Republicans", or "traditional conservatives"?
    Traditional Conservatives, I think.

I really don't know, the terms "Republican" and "Conservative" have lost meaning.
    ----

tell them if you are a Christin in comments and he's the only one tht can beat Hillary

Need more signatures.
    ----

Signed and commented.
    Truth forever on the scaffold, Wrong forever on the throne,--
    Yet that scaffold sways the future, and, behind the dim unknown,
    Standeth God within the shadow, keeping watch above his own.
    ‫‬‫‬

I called myself a Christian Conservative.

19. Remove this section of ads by registering.
    Signed and please don't digg it. Only bad things can happen, although I do recommend contacting christians4paul.com
    Michigan - Congressional District 1

Quote Originally Posted by wgadget View Post
    are you?
    No one reads signatures.

Signed!

Great Letter!

Never doubt that a small group of thoughtful, committed people can change the world.
    Indeed, it is the only thing that ever has...

John Stevens

Quote Originally Posted by LibertyEagle View Post
    conservatives - who knows what Republican means anymore?

Quote Originally Posted by wgadget View Post
    I said Bible beliveing Christain - that usually gets attentionb

Quote Originally Posted by RP4ME View Post
    conservatives - who knows what Republican means anymore?
    Conserving the Constitution and our freedoms.
    ----

This is worth a shot, but I'm not expecting too much. I don't think Dobson's gonna be swayed by the supporters of a particular candidate too much. But at least it will get Paul's Christian-positive in his mind.

I just sent this to the Homeschoolers for Ron Paul website. Hope they'll pitch in.

28. Remove this section of ads by registering.
    Quote Originally Posted by steph3n View Post
    are you?
    Yes, sure am.

Quote Originally Posted by FrankRep View Post
    as well as the endorsement of Michael Badnarik, the pro-choice Libertarian Party candidate who ran in 2004.
    Would of been better to leave this out.

I send off an email to Dr. Ivers, who works for the campaign telling him about this petition. Hopefully I will get a response.
    Michigan - Congressional District 1