Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Warning to Rand - do not interview with Beck close to the election

Angry Warning to Rand - do not interview with Beck close to the election

Glenn Beck's game plan...court libertarians when it does not matter. Attack their candidates when it does.

YouTube - Debra Medina on Glenn Beck Radio Feb 11th, 2010.
    Definition of political insanity: Voting for the same people expecting different results.

2. Remove this section of ads by registering.
    Glenn Beck is the worst Tea-o-con.

I'm pretty sure Rand would say "No."

Thanks for posting that. My opinion of Glenn Beck just went down a couple of notches. I remember him alternately praising Ron Paul and then poking fun at Ron Paul supporters during the presidential campaign... that was difficult to listen to as well. I hope the Rand Paul campaign follows the advice you posted... stay away from Beck near the election.

Beck did a lot of great press with Rand so far. Rand wouldn't be dumb enough to beat around the bush when asked about whether or not he is a truther. This interview was Medina's mistake, she should have just said NO. "no, I don't believe the federal government had anything to do with 9/11, other than gross incompetence." I swear to God, if the truthers $#@! this year up for the movement, I'm gonna be pissed.

You can be mad at Beck all you want. I am pissed off at him. It was an ambush. It was bull$#@!.

But, Medina's response was horrible. I really don't see how she didn't see the question coming eventually. We will have to wait until the next poll to see how this affects Medina.

As far as Rand goes, he should go on Beck as much as he can. He is much more seasoned in dealing with these types of questions, and has dealt with Beck before. I have defended Beck many times here. This is not one of those times. But it was still a major screw up.

Live and learn. Rand has made several mistakes in his campaign, arguably not as big, but still mistakes. Lets hope our candidates are learning from these mistakes.

Sincerely,

Slutter McGee

Wow, Glenn is a jerk for that!

I think Rand and everyone else need to boycott the Beck show.. If he has no liberty creds, people will know he's full of $#@!.

Rand: Boycott BECK.

10. Remove this section of ads by registering.
    I think Beck was a jerk for that as well. However, Im mad at Medina for ruing her own credibility! I get so sick of truthers because in my opinion they are selfish. At Daily Paul, which has been hijacked by truthers, I have had so many logical debates with these people and no matter what I tell them, they dont listen and they just start calling me names. They are the most embarrasing aspect of the liberty movement.

Quote Originally Posted by lordindra3 View Post
    I think Beck was a jerk for that as well. However, Im mad at Medina for ruing her own credibility! I get so sick of truthers because in my opinion they are selfish. At Daily Paul, which has been hijacked by truthers, I have had so many logical debates with these people and no matter what I tell them, they dont listen and they just start calling me names. They are the most embarrasing aspect of the liberty movement.
    THIS

The most vocal ones seem to be the most selfish and usually have no problem hijacking any type of liberty event to project their own beliefs on such a loaded subject as 9/11 to everyone within shouting distance. As much as i would hate to group people, many of them have no concept of their being a time and place for certain things and just go about thier buisness without thinking of possible consequences. I like to think of truthers as the Kanye West's of the freedom movement.

that said. Medina could have answered that better. You just have to wonder why so many people associate us with truthers. As i said above, i think its because they are the most vocal and they make it easier to marginalize the freedom movement.

Quote Originally Posted by Elwar View Post
    Glenn Beck's game plan...court libertarians when it does not matter. Attack their candidates when it does.

YouTube - Glenn Beck attacks Judge Napolitano (Debra Medina)!
    I think we need SMART candidates.

Medina took a dive on this question... that's not Glenn's fault. Rand has nothing to worry about, he knows how to answer his questions.
    The evils of the protecting-duty, may undoubtedly be graduated by compromises, like those of every other species of tyranny, but the folly of letting in some tyranny has in all ages been fatal to liberty. A succession of wedges, though apparently small, finally splits the strongest timber. ~John Taylor of Caroline, Tyranny Unmasked

We have four boxes with which to defend our freedom: the soap box, the ballot box, the jury box, and the cartridge box. ~Congressman Larry McDonald.

Quote Originally Posted by Bergie Bergeron View Post
    Glenn Beck is the worst Tea-o-con.
    No, Medina answered this foolishly.
    The evils of the protecting-duty, may undoubtedly be graduated by compromises, like those of every other species of tyranny, but the folly of letting in some tyranny has in all ages been fatal to liberty. A succession of wedges, though apparently small, finally splits the strongest timber. ~John Taylor of Caroline, Tyranny Unmasked

We have four boxes with which to defend our freedom: the soap box, the ballot box, the jury box, and the cartridge box. ~Congressman Larry McDonald.

I think Beck was dumb for gloating that he killed her in the end of it with that annoying sidekick he has.

But until then, the interview was fine. All he did was ask the question, and she bombed out.

Quote Originally Posted by lordindra3 View Post
    I recommend you start a thread in Hot Topics addressed to JMDrake and he can help answer all of your questions in a polite manner.

I might drop in, too.

There is no reason to believe the official version. People get pretty emotional over it, though, and in my experience most of the name calling comes from the anti-truthers.
    "He's talkin' to his gut like it's a person!!" -me
    "dumpster diving isn't professional." - angelatc
    "You don't need a medical degree to spot obvious bullshit, that's actually a separate skill." -Scott Adams
    "When you are divided, and angry, and controlled, you target those 'different' from you, not those responsible [controllers]" -Q

"Each of us must choose which course of action we should take: education, conventional political action, or even peaceful civil disobedience to bring about necessary changes. But let it not be said that we did nothing." - Ron Paul

"Paul said "the wave of the future" is a coalition of anti-authoritarian progressive Democrats and libertarian Republicans in Congress opposed to domestic surveillance, opposed to starting new wars and in favor of ending the so-called War on Drugs."

Honey, honey, poison!

19. Remove this section of ads by registering.
    Quote Originally Posted by John Taylor View Post
    I think we need SMART candidates.

Medina took a dive on this question... that's not Glenn's fault. Rand has nothing to worry about, he knows how to answer his questions.
    Glenn attacked her from the start. Before she came on he was all "what's her name??" and then his first question was "tell us who you are"...followed by her telling who she was and what she was about followed by Glenn "I said...tell us who you are..." as she again went into telling who she was.

Rand can go on his show...just treat him as a hostile interviewer when it comes close to the elections. Would he do an interview with Keith Olbermann or Chris Matthews? It would be the same interview.
    Definition of political insanity: Voting for the same people expecting different results.

Quote Originally Posted by Elwar View Post
    Glenn attacked her from the start. Before she came on he was all "what's her name??" and then his first question was "tell us who you are"...followed by her telling who she was and what she was about followed by Glenn "I said...tell us who you are..." as she again went into telling who she was.

Rand can go on his show...just treat him as a hostile interviewer when it comes close to the elections. Would he do an interview with Keith Olbermann or Chris Matthews? It would be the same interview.
    You know if Rand has a lead in the polls before election I think he should just avoid those shows.

Danno- I actually like your posts alot and of course at the VERY civil Rand/RonPaulForums. I migrated from being an active DP'er (DailyPaul), because I needed to find a Libery site where I didnt feel like I was surrounded by paranoid teenagers. I just couldnt get along with any of them because i felt like the only adult in the room half the time. I admit, in regards to 911, there are questions to be raised, but for every conspiracy I have heard and had questions about, I would actively go seek the other side of the story to be fair. Then when I came back to the DP with the counter claim, instead of actually discussing it, they would immediately call me a troll and shill and apart of the Zionist plot and all types of embarrasing things to the outside world.

Look, what does 911 have to do with taking back our republic? You all can discuss that at another place, but the Truth movement alone is enough to kill our chances and is readily used against us to discredit us. How can we change anything if we cant get elected?!

Danno- Please, please, please go to DP and look up lordindra3 and look at my debates, artcles, threads, posts and you will see with your own eyes, that I would NEVER be the 1st person to throw mud. I would make a thread where I stated clearly that I wanted to only discuss 911 to get it over with because I was very versed in debunking many of the claims that were passed off as unquestionable truths. After clearly saying that I wanted a nice logical debate, I would immediately jumped on from every kid in his moms house in America and called all types of names etc.

What else? Well, I would share new HARD evidence debunking many conspiracy claims and then before people would even open the link I would get people saying "OOH! Thats bull! Thats all bogus! Thats bull $#@!! Blah blah blah" and then another person would put a link with a taxi driver saying he never saw a plane the pentagon and then "OH MY GOD!! THE MOST CONCLUSIVE EVIDENCE IVE SEEN! WOW! CASE CLOSED!!!".. You probably thinking im exadurating, but Im not even a little bit! I think its like a blind faith religion to these people. Nothing will shake their faith. "Example:" I showed a document with 273 witnesses that a plane hit the Pentagon and then people just hounded my thread with "SHILL! TROLL! RAT!! ZIONIST!!! BOGUS INFO!" Then another guy posts a video the next day with a single Latino taxi driver saying that he never saw a plane at all, yet he was looking and then "OH MY THATS THE BEST INFO IVE HEARD! CASE CLOSED!!! etc etc" You get my point. Its obnoxious to say the least. Trust me, its the truthers who are just as vitriol and venomous as any body.
    Last edited by lordindra3; 02-11-2010 at 02:08 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by Flash View Post
    You know if Rand has a lead in the polls before election I think he should just avoid those shows.
    Rand is too savvy to fall for that type of question.

All he would need to do is say "No, I do not believe 9-11 was an inside job".

deleted
    Last edited by klamath; 03-09-2010 at 09:01 PM.
    War; everything in the world wrong, evil and immoral combined into one and multiplied by millions.

I have a question. Why do some people think it's ok to attack Medina for being an "idiot" yet the mildest questions of Rand because some disagree with his positions draws the wrath from some of those same people? Either criticizing candidates close to a primary is ok or it isn't. The good thing is there are many running. Pick your favorite and donate to him or her. (Debra just earned herself my biggest donation possible).
    9/11 Thermate experiments

Winston Churchhill on why the U.S. should have stayed OUT of World War I

"I am so %^&*^ sick of this cult of Ron Paul. The Paulites. What is with these %^&*^ people? Why are there so many of them?" YouTube rant by "TheAmazingAtheist"

"We as a country have lost faith and confidence in freedom." -- Ron Paul

"It can be a challenge to follow the pronouncements of President Trump, as he often seems to change his position on any number of items from week to week, or from day to day, or even from minute to minute." -- Ron Paul
    Quote Originally Posted by Brian4Liberty View Post
    The road to hell is paved with good intentions. No need to make it a superhighway.
    Quote Originally Posted by osan View Post
    The only way I see Trump as likely to affect any real change would be through martial law, and that has zero chances of success without strong buy-in by the JCS at the very minimum.

Quote Originally Posted by dannno View Post
    I recommend you start a thread in Hot Topics addressed to JMDrake and he can help answer all of your questions in a polite manner.

I might drop in, too.

There is no reason to believe the official version. People get pretty emotional over it, though, and in my experience most of the name calling comes from the anti-truthers.
    Yeah. LibertyEagle already posted a warning about banning anyone who arguing about 9/11 in threads on the main boards that have candidates names in the title. If the mods are going to be fair they need to begin giving warnings to "anti truthers". It's not fair for one side to be able to attack the other and the other be threatened with banning if they respond. So to lordindra3 -- if you want to complain about truthers go to hot topics. Otherwise buck up and be quiet.

"I am so %^&*^ sick of this cult of Ron Paul. The Paulites. What is with these %^&*^ people? Why are there so many of them?" YouTube rant by "TheAmazingAtheist"

"It can be a challenge to follow the pronouncements of President Trump, as he often seems to change his position on any number of items from week to week, or from day to day, or even from minute to minute." -- Ron Paul
    The road to hell is paved with good intentions. No need to make it a superhighway.
    The only way I see Trump as likely to affect any real change would be through martial law, and that has zero chances of success without strong buy-in by the JCS at the very minimum.

She really blew this interview.

Beck piled on at the end I do agree, but she rambled on with a no answer until she sounded silly.

Truthers -- wake up call -- you are hurting the best candidates out there!

I disagree with the thread title and I think Rand Paul should do Beck anytime he can!

28. Remove this section of ads by registering.
    Quote Originally Posted by Malachi View Post

Beck piled on at the end I do agree, but she rambled on with a no answer until she sounded silly.

I disagree with the thread title and I think Rand Paul should do Beck anytime he can!
    Truthers had nothing to do with this. Beck didn't roll video of any truthers at a Medina rally. He simply made a lucky guess that some might have volunteered to help Medina. And while she didn't give the best answer during the interview, her follow up response was better than what Ron said during the campaign. Part of Beck's agenda is to turn this movement on itself and sadly some of us are falling for that.

Quote Originally Posted by jmdrake View Post
    I have a question. Why do some people think it's ok to attack Medina for being an "idiot" yet the mildest questions of Rand because some disagree with his positions draws the wrath from some of those same people? Either criticizing candidates close to a primary is ok or it isn't. The good thing is there are many running. Pick your favorite and donate to him or her. (Debra just earned herself my biggest donation possible).
    Good, I'm sending her a hundred dollars myself. She's going to need it.

Unlike Rand, Medina just answered a question in a way which not only is entirely at odds with what she actually believes, but which is fatal in this election.

Rand isn't a truther, neither is Ron. Correct answer from Debra: "No, I am not. If I was in Congress, I would have voted for a declaration of war against Afghanistan." The end. Beck would have loved every word, especially the "war" part. After the interview, that was just Beck being Beck. In response to the Van Jones question, the one where Beck actually LEAD HER in the right direction, she should have said "I would have them removed from my campaign" or something similar. We were so close, too...

Quote Originally Posted by Malachi View Post

I agree, Rand should be on Beck as much as possible.

Matter of fact, medina should get back on there and clarify.

Quote Originally Posted by TCE View Post
    Rand isn't a truther, neither is Ron. Correct answer from Debra: "No, I am not. If I was in Congress, I would have voted for a declaration of war against Afghanistan." The end. Beck would have loved every word, especially the "war" part. After the interview, that was just Beck being Beck. In response to the Van Jones question, the one where Beck actually LEAD HER in the right direction, she should have said "I would have them removed from my campaign" or something similar. We were so close, too...
    I know it, damn it all. Self-sabatoge.

Quote Originally Posted by jmdrake View Post
    Truthers had nothing to do with this.
    Yes they did... They go around spamming everywhere and everything attaching themselves to Ron Paul and all those associated with him.

I wouldn't be surprised if one of them emailed Beck the question, because he (she) wanted to get it discussed.

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast