Thread: Israel urges 'crippling' sanctions now against Iran

Israel urges 'crippling' sanctions now against Iran

Israel urges 'crippling' sanctions now against Iran

Reuters / Alertnet
    Feb 9, 2010

http://www.alertnet.org/thenews/newsdesk/LDE6181A8.htm
    ----

Ron Paul Forum's Mission Statement:

Inspired by US Rep. Ron Paul of Texas, this site is dedicated to facilitating grassroots initiatives that aim to restore a sovereign limited constitutional Republic based on the rule of law, states' rights and individual rights. We seek to enshrine the original intent of our Founders to foster respect for private property, seek justice, provide opportunity, and to secure individual liberty for ourselves and our posterity.

2. Remove this section of ads by registering.
    These sanctions hurt the people, not the leadership. In fact, if the leadership can point to an outside force doing the harm, it could stall the popular uprising against the leaders (I am on the rebels side and against the regime) and make the people circle the wagons for their leaders.
    "Your mother's dead, before long I'll be dead, and you...and your brother and your sister and all of her children, all of us dead, all of us..rotting in the ground. It's the family name that lives on. It's all that lives on. Not your personal glory, not your honor, but family." - Tywin Lannister

Iran should urge crippling sanctions against Israel, the rouge nuclear state and international outlaw.
    This used to be a free system.

Quote Originally Posted by Cowlesy View Post
    These sanctions hurt the people, not the leadership. In fact, if the leadership can point to an outside force doing the harm, it could stall the popular uprising against the leaders (I am on the rebels side and against the regime) and make the people circle the wagons for their leaders.
    +1

sanctions result in blowback

Quote Originally Posted by Cowlesy View Post
    (I am on the rebels side and against the regime)
    Ya know, in 2007 Bush authorized $400 million for the CIA to help the rebel movement and destabilize the regime, and you know there is drug money that went into that operation as well so we're probably talking more like $1 billion give or take to fund the green revolution..

I think the government they have now, while not perfect, is much more beneficial to it's citizenry and their sovereignty than anything that would come out of any sort of rebel movement at this point, especially one that is orchestrated by the CIA. Especially considering the leadership has popular support.

I wouldn't be rooting for another 1953 if I were you.
    Last edited by dannno; 02-09-2010 at 01:36 PM.
    "He's talkin' to his gut like it's a person!!" -me
    "dumpster diving isn't professional." - angelatc

"Each of us must choose which course of action we should take: education, conventional political action, or even peaceful civil disobedience to bring about necessary changes. But let it not be said that we did nothing." - Ron Paul

"Paul said "the wave of the future" is a coalition of anti-authoritarian progressive Democrats and libertarian Republicans in Congress opposed to domestic surveillance, opposed to starting new wars and in favor of ending the so-called War on Drugs."

Quote Originally Posted by tron paul View Post
    Iran should urge crippling sanctions against Israel, the rouge nuclear state and international outlaw.
    Obama and his handlers should urge the same if they are America firsters. Their refusal to let in WMD inspectors, recent UN charge sheet on their war crimes against civilians in Gaza is plenty ground for sanctions and cut off of all parasite aid from US tax payers.
    Last edited by Liberty Star; 02-09-2010 at 01:49 PM.

What sanctions could possibly hurt Iran? They're swimming in oil. They will be able to produce 100% of their refined petrol in a year or two, maybe even become an exporter. They now have an anti-missile system that can probably give any Israeli attack a run for its money.

http://www.presstv.ir/detail.aspx?id...onid=351020101

And of course any attack against Iran will insure that they resume work on nuclear weapons. Any sane government would be socking away refined material as we speak with all the military threats being made against it.

Sanctions make this country stronger. In my view we're witnessing an historic event in the balance of power in the Middle East. Israel now has more than merely bad publicity to contend with if (most likely when) it attacks its neighbors again.
    Last edited by furface; 02-09-2010 at 02:22 PM.

BTW, you notice how Hillary has been playing this down by saying that Gulf Islamists are more of a threat? The (anti) Defamation League just gave Obama an F rating over his refusal to go to war with Iran. The last thing Obama wants is a military exchange with Israel, even if Israel does it alone. Like I said previously, we're witnessing something historic here.

10. Remove this section of ads by registering.
    Quote Originally Posted by furface View Post
    BTW, you notice how Hillary has been playing this down by saying that Gulf Islamists are more of a threat? The (anti) Defamation League just gave Obama an F rating over his refusal to go to war with Iran. The last thing Obama wants is a military exchange with Israel, even if Israel does it alone. Like I said previously, we're witnessing something historic here.
    I had said long time ago that Israel will not attack Iran. Chances of US starting a war with Iran are non-existent in real world.

But Obama is bound to get a lot hackling from aipac crowd,"Hey bama, you took our money to get elected, when you gonna attack Iran for Israel?". But Obama knows he cannot do as much as he may want to please the parasite lobby.

Quote Originally Posted by furface View Post
    BTW, you notice how Hillary has been playing this down by saying that Gulf Islamists are more of a threat? The (anti) Defamation League just gave Obama an F rating over his refusal to go to war with Iran.
    Yeah I noticed it.
    It was as if the two things had been coordinated to hit the news at the same time.
    "Molon Labe"