Page 5 of 5 FirstFirst ... 345

Thread: Cop almost killed me, so I flipped him off...

Whoa, just reread the thread, THREE MONTHS for contempt? WTF?

That's about 1/300 of your life they robbed you of right there, assuming you live to the average age. You should take them for all you can get. Of course, it'll probably be the taxpayers who pay up in the end.

I sure hope there's a way you can sue the individuals responsible personally. I don't really know how it works over there though, what with living in Canada and all.
    "Truth will win in the end. We just don't know when the end is. So we have to persevere." ― Carol Paul

2. Remove this section of ads by registering.

Wow what a story. Im glad you got off for the tickets. I hope you can get something for being locked up for that bs

loveshiscountry

Quote Originally Posted by tylerfk View Post
    I'm trying to sort things out... Take it one step at a time...

All I can say now is, the traffic tickets were dismissed thanks to my Lawyer, Ben Gibson, and the DA Office.
    sweet, I hope you nail their balls to the wall.

Personally, I would press charges against the Officer in Civil Court. Youre obviously not going to get anywhere in Criminal Court, and I would take his ass to court for his behavior.
    1776 > 1984

The FAILURE of the United States Government to operate and maintain an
    Honest Money System , which frees the ordinary man from the clutches of the money manipulators, is the single largest contributing factor to the World's current Economic Crisis.

The Elimination of Privacy is the Architecture of Genocide

Belief, Money, and Violence are the three ways all people are controlled

Quote Originally Posted by Zippyjuan View Post
    Our central bank is not privately owned.

Quote Originally Posted by Expatriate View Post
    Whoa, just reread the thread, THREE MONTHS for contempt? WTF?

That's about 1/300 of your life they robbed you of right there, assuming you live to the average age. You should take them for all you can get. Of course, it'll probably be the taxpayers who pay up in the end.

I sure hope there's a way you can sue the individuals responsible personally. I don't really know how it works over there though, what with living in Canada and all.

Expat, I'm not sure exactly what recourse he has, but if nothing else I think the actions of the judge in this case should be reviewed by the authorities. I've never heard of a three month sentence for contempt. Even journalists who refuse to name their sources don't usually spend that long in stir.

And in a case like this, three months is incredibly excessive. My understanding is that in most instances of contempt of court the penalty is simply a fine. At worst, this case shouldn't have cost the poor guy more than an overnight in jail.

I believe every state has a judicial review board, which may be a good place to begin.

Page 5 of 5 FirstFirst ... 345