Page 3 of 5 FirstFirst 12345 LastLast

Thread: Cop almost killed me, so I flipped him off...

sounds illegal, did you try to fight it?

Sanctions for contempt may be criminal or civil. If a person is to be punished criminally, then the contempt must be proven beyond a reasonable doubt, but once the charge is proven, then punishment (such as a fine or, in more serious cases, imprisonment) is imposed unconditionally. The civil sanction for contempt (which is typically incarceration in the custody of the sheriff or similar court officer) is limited in its imposition for so long as the disobedience to the court's order continues: once the party complies with the court's order, the sanction is lifted. The imposed party is said to "hold the keys" to his or her own cell, thus conventional due process is not required. The burden of proof for civil contempt, however, is a preponderance of the evidence, and punitive sanctions (punishment) can only be imposed after due process.
    Last edited by squarepusher; 03-21-2010 at 07:11 PM.
    We'll know our disinformation program is complete when everything the American public believes is false. -- William Casey, CIA Director

Get your facts first, then you can distort them as you please.-- Mark Twain

When people like us-- the scum of society-- don't risk our lives when a rare chance comes our way, we become losers at that moment. So courage is the only thing we can rely on.-- Anchan
    Rick Simpson Hemp Oil

2. Remove this section of ads by registering.
    Quote Originally Posted by tylerfk View Post
    This was me the morning of court.

Notice the camera pen in my shirt pocket!

I went to the 10th floor of the court house(room 1024) just like everyone else who was scheduled for court that day.

Room 1024 is not a courtroom, Their is no judge! It's only a room where everyone goes who has a ticket, most people do not want to contest their ticket they only want to ask for time to pay or see about going to driving school to keep the ticket off their record.

If you plan on contesting the ticket you tell the DA in room 1024 your gonna plea "not guilty", he will try to convince you to plead "guilty" either by intimidation or by persuasion. If he cant convince you to plead guilty to something(which was my case) you go to trial, on an entirely different floor of the court house.

My "recording pen" was turned on while I was on the 10th floor, talking with the DA.

When we could not come to an agreement the DA told me to go down to the 8th floor for trial.

At this point I turned off my cell phone, as stated outside the court room door.
    I made sure my "camera pen" was OFF as well, just to be safe, but their were no signs anywhere in the court house that said "no recording devices allowed"

cell phones are allowed, and most phones have some type of recording capability, so i thought for sure it would be oh to bring in my pen as long as it was turned off while court was in session.

Shortly after going into the courtroom the judge walked in, court was now in session. My case was the only one. The DA went up and had a few words with her(the judge).

I requested a continuance so I could have time to hire a lawyer, the DA objected, stating "the officers are here now, and we're ready for trial now."

The judge ruled in my favor, granting the continuance, saying "its only fair."

Then she asked me to step up to the mic and "make an appearance for the record" which is simply stating my full name, DOB, and address. After being "on the record" she stated to me" Mr. Kelley, you do know its illegal to record anything in a courtroom?" I answered "Yes ma'am" next she said "Well, I'm going to ask you one time, are you recording anything right now?" I answered truthfully saying "No ma'am"

That was the end of it she assigned me a new date to return, I signed my notice and started to walk out of the court room ,when suddenly the officer that I flipped off stood up and exclaimed "Your honor, he is recording this! See that pen in his pocket?! It records audio and video! I've seen them before!"

At this point the judge was like, "oh, I thought you said you weren't recording anything!" I told her "I'm not. It's turned off."

She asked me to give the pen to the bailiff, and said "court is in recess, until we figure this out." Then she left the room. A lot of commotion was going on, but the shorthand is. They plugged the pen into a computer right there in the court room, and found only the video from earlier on the 10th floor.

After about 20 minutes of being in handcuffs, and being searched. The judge returned finding me to be in "contempt of court" for recording something while I was in Room 1024. She sentenced me to 3 months in jail. End of story.

My camera pen and my Iphone was confiscated as evidence...
    I can only reply....

Seems we all need something that records to an offsite secure location.

http://www.bnd.com/2010/03/18/117924...t-trooper.html

This is my area. Didn't know the girls, but every time I hear about this event it makes me facepalm.

State trooper kills 2 girls while driving because he was going over 100mph, while talking on his cell phone, while using his laptop, and yes, all at the same time. His defense? He didn't know this was wrong.
    "Anarchists oppose the State because it has its very being in such aggression, namely, the expropriation of private property through taxation, the coercive exclusion of other providers of defense service from its territory, and all of the other depredations and coercions that are built upon these twin foci of invasions of individual rights." -Murray Rothbard

Quote Originally Posted by phill4paul View Post
    I can only reply....

Seems we all need something that records to an offsite secure location.
    Already on my shopping list

6. Remove this section of ads by registering.
    Already on my shopping list
    interested to see what you find, sounds like something i would be interested too.l

SO, what did you do with your time in the slammer?
    We'll know our disinformation program is complete when everything the American public believes is false. -- William Casey, CIA Director

When people like us-- the scum of society-- don't risk our lives when a rare chance comes our way, we become losers at that moment. So courage is the only thing we can rely on.-- Anchan
    Rick Simpson Hemp Oil

Quote Originally Posted by squarepusher View Post
    interested to see what you find, sounds like something i would be interested too.l
    I'll let you know what I come up with.

SO, what did you do with your time in the slammer?
    Played chess/cards, watched tv, and slept... I just looked at it like a vacation from society, It's very relaxing, and worry free once you get past the thought of not being able to leave.

They pay all the bills, feed you, and do your laundry

Played chess/cards, watched tv, and slept... I just looked at it like a vacation from society, It's very relaxing, and worry free once you get past the thought of not being able to leave.

ya., right now the only down side for me is I wouldn't be able to work and make money. Seems like it might be interesting =]

Rick Simpson Hemp Oil

Good lord, they brainwashed you into becoming a liberal.

lol, I had no choice!

I was just making the best of a bad situation.

I wouldn't go there voluntarily though.

lol, I had no choice!

I was just making the best of a bad situation.

I wouldn't go there voluntarily though.
    See, tonights vote is forcing me to be a liberal too. I'll make the best of a bad situation and it's not voluntary and I have no choice. So what is the difference between a free American and a prisoner?

So what is the difference between a free American and a prisoner?
    you eat and sleep on a schedule.(which isnt a difference for most people) lights out at 10 Sun-Thurs and 1:30 am for Fri-Sat

Phone calls are $2.35 for a 15 minute call (I spent over $700)

You can only go outside for 1 hour a day.

You can't pick your meals, unless you have enough money in your account to buy your own food. I spent over $500 on snack food

No computer access.

Oh, and you can't leave!

you eat and sleep on a schedule.(which isnt a difference for most people) lights out at 10 Sun-Thurs and 1:30 am for Fri-Sat

Phone calls are $2.35 for a 15 minute call (I spent over $700)

You can only go outside for 1 hour a day.

You can't pick your meals, unless you have enough money in your account to buy your own food. I spent over $500 on snack food

No computer access.

Oh, and you can't leave!
    So your saying their ain't no difference? Honestly, I know the difference I was just j/k.

15. Remove this section of ads by registering.
    This was me the morning of court.

Notice the camera pen in my shirt pocket!

I went to the 10th floor of the court house(room 1024) just like everyone else who was scheduled for court that day.

Room 1024 is not a courtroom, Their is no judge! It's only a room where everyone goes who has a ticket, most people do not want to contest their ticket they only want to ask for time to pay or see about going to driving school to keep the ticket off their record.

If you plan on contesting the ticket you tell the DA in room 1024 your gonna plea "not guilty", he will try to convince you to plead "guilty" either by intimidation or by persuasion. If he cant convince you to plead guilty to something(which was my case) you go to trial, on an entirely different floor of the court house.

My "recording pen" was turned on while I was on the 10th floor, talking with the DA.

When we could not come to an agreement the DA told me to go down to the 8th floor for trial.

At this point I turned off my cell phone, as stated outside the court room door.
    I made sure my "camera pen" was OFF as well, just to be safe, but their were no signs anywhere in the court house that said "no recording devices allowed"

cell phones are allowed, and most phones have some type of recording capability, so i thought for sure it would be oh to bring in my pen as long as it was turned off while court was in session.

Shortly after going into the courtroom the judge walked in, court was now in session. My case was the only one. The DA went up and had a few words with her(the judge).

I requested a continuance so I could have time to hire a lawyer, the DA objected, stating "the officers are here now, and we're ready for trial now."

The judge ruled in my favor, granting the continuance, saying "its only fair."

Then she asked me to step up to the mic and "make an appearance for the record" which is simply stating my full name, DOB, and address. After being "on the record" she stated to me" Mr. Kelley, you do know its illegal to record anything in a courtroom?" I answered "Yes ma'am" next she said "Well, I'm going to ask you one time, are you recording anything right now?" I answered truthfully saying "No ma'am"

That was the end of it she assigned me a new date to return, I signed my notice and started to walk out of the court room ,when suddenly the officer that I flipped off stood up and exclaimed "Your honor, he is recording this! See that pen in his pocket?! It records audio and video! I've seen them before!"

At this point the judge was like, "oh, I thought you said you weren't recording anything!" I told her "I'm not. It's turned off."

She asked me to give the pen to the bailiff, and said "court is in recess, until we figure this out." Then she left the room. A lot of commotion was going on, but the shorthand is. They plugged the pen into a computer right there in the court room, and found only the video from earlier on the 10th floor.

After about 20 minutes of being in handcuffs, and being searched. The judge returned finding me to be in "contempt of court" for recording something while I was in Room 1024. She sentenced me to 3 months in jail. End of story.

My camera pen and my Iphone was confiscated as evidence...
    I don't know what it is with "public officials" being so scarred $#@!less of being recorded, its like sunshine to vampires. $#@!ing morons.

tyler,

have you contacted local media?

http://www.aclu.org/

Call them. 8AM tomorrow.

You do have a case and the ALCU will help you.

Quote Originally Posted by Paulitical Correctness View Post
    tyler,

have you contacted local media?
    not yet, but I have talked to my senator. I'm going to meet with him this week, and see what he has to say about it.

He is also a lawyer and mentioned maybe wanting to represent me in a civil suit!

Quote Originally Posted by Jordan View Post
    http://www.aclu.org/

Call them. 8AM tomorrow.

You do have a case and the ALCU will help you.
    Thats my next stop after the senator

So I just found this site the other day. This is my first post...

Let me start by saying, I supported Ron Paul all the way, donating money whenever I could.

Anyway here's the story.

I was driving down the interstate and this cop pulls out in front of me from the shoulder. I had to swerve into the left lane to avoid hitting him.

So after I got back in front of him to make my exit, I flipped him off as I was exiting...

He then swerved across the cautioned portion of the exit to chase after me, and pulled me over...

Here is the audio recording from my cell phone... I added some images to make it interesting

Video: YouTube - I Flipped Off a Cop...

ps: his lights weren't on...
    BRAVO ZULU !!

http://www.proaxis.com/~thiggins/tmh/bravozulu1.html

We're being governed ruled by a geriatric Alzheimer patient/puppet whose strings are being pulled by an elitist oligarchy who believe they can manage the world... imagine the utter maniacal, sociopathic hubris!

rofl....
    We will be known forever by the tracks we leave. - Dakota

Go Forward With Courage

When you are in doubt, be still, and wait;
    when doubt no longer exists for you, then go forward with courage.
    So long as mists envelop you, be still;
    be still until the sunlight pours through and dispels the mists
    -- as it surely will.
    Then act with courage.

Ponca Chief White Eagle

24. Remove this section of ads by registering.
    Quote Originally Posted by Andrew-Austin View Post
    I don't know what it is with "public officials" being so scared $#@!less of being recorded, its like sunshine to vampires. $#@!ing morons.
    Me thinks they doth protest too much. I find it reprehensible they have a right to order you to appear and then you enter a no mans land where you can't use any medium in which to prove their heinous behavior. I HATE court...
    We will be known forever by the tracks we leave. - Dakota

Go Forward With Courage

When you are in doubt, be still, and wait;
    when doubt no longer exists for you, then go forward with courage.
    So long as mists envelop you, be still;
    be still until the sunlight pours through and dispels the mists
    -- as it surely will.
    Then act with courage.

Ponca Chief White Eagle

Off topic but ... a few weeks ago, i was on the highway and a police car wanted to pull out into the right lane. I could have moved over to the middle lane and kept going but I slowed down and let him merge in (like I would for anyone else). He flicked his lights to thank me. All in all, it turned out nice.

Also off topic...

I was driving the 70 mile stretch of highway back home for the weekend about a month ago and two state troopers closed in.

It was right at dusk, and I was in the left lane. One got next to me - matching whatever speed I slowed to. The other, within a foot from my rear bumper, had no headlights on. He inched closer and closer while the other slowed and accelerated accordingly. I can only assume they were trying to bait me into speeding or panicking...

oh that kind of crap happens all the time. you should have gotten their lp numbers and filed a complaint! It's a hassle, but its the only way they will ever change their behavior!

Or you could have just flipped them off

Also off topic...

I was driving the 70 mile stretch of highway back home for the weekend about a month ago and two state troopers closed in.

It was right at dusk, and I was in the left lane. One got next to me - matching whatever speed I slowed to. The other, within a foot from my rear bumper, had no headlights on. He inched closer and closer while the other slowed and accelerated accordingly. I can only assume they were trying to bait me into speeding or panicking...

Maintain a safe speed, make sure your seatbelt is buckled and any passengers are in a safe position, then...

...oh what's that on my windshield? It would be unsafe to drive with that on there! I should hit my wiper fluid/wipers.

It's the nicest way to get rid of tailgaters. Bonus points if they're in a convertible
    Genuine, willful, aggressive ignorance is the one sure way to tick me off. I wish I could say you were trolling. I know better, and it's just sad.

Haha. That's exactly what I wanted to do but I'm out of fluid.

Also off topic...

What friggin' jerks!

This is the sort of stuff that makes it impossible for me to feel sorry for any law enforcement officer who whines and moans about how people don't respect them.

I'm not saying that every police officer engages in this sort of behavior, but I've seen stuff like it often enough that I firmly believe *most* of them do.

And the wonder why people get p*ssed off at the cops.

Quote Originally Posted by MelissaWV View Post
    Maintain a safe speed, make sure your seatbelt is buckled and any passengers are in a safe position, then...

...oh what's that on my windshield? It would be unsafe to drive with that on there! I should hit my wiper fluid/wipers.

It's the nicest way to get rid of tailgaters. Bonus points if they're in a convertible
    I once had an Audi 5000S Diesel. It had a five speed manual transmission and that combined with mechanical fuel injection produced a nice feature for getting rid of tailgaters. At any speed, if you put it in fifth gear and put your foot into it, it produced a large cloud of black smoke...

33. Remove this section of ads by registering.
    Quote Originally Posted by Old Ducker View Post
    I once had an Audi 5000S Diesel. It had a five speed manual transmission and that combined with mechanical fuel injection produced a nice feature for getting rid of tailgaters. At any speed, if you put it in fifth gear and put your foot into it, it produced a large cloud of black smoke...

Yes, but if you do that to a cop, they'll pull you over for suspicious emissions or some other made-up nonsense. My way just makes it seem like I was being safe You're not going to ticket me for being safe, are you officer?
    Genuine, willful, aggressive ignorance is the one sure way to tick me off. I wish I could say you were trolling. I know better, and it's just sad.

Quote Originally Posted by MelissaWV View Post
    You're not going to ticket me for being safe, are you officer?
    I suspect you have an inherent advantage.

I had a friend years ago. Female and genius smart, but she could turn on the dumb and ditsy, add a few tears and talk her way out of anything.

Nice trick,
    it don't work for me
    Liberty is lost through complacency and a subservient mindset. When we accept or even welcome automobile checkpoints, random searches, mandatory identification cards, and paramilitary police in our streets, we have lost a vital part of our American heritage. America was born of protest, revolution, and mistrust of government. Subservient societies neither maintain nor deserve freedom for long.
    Ron Paul 2004

Registered Ron Paul supporter # 2202
    It's all about Freedom

Page 3 of 5 FirstFirst 12345 LastLast