Thread: They're remaking Red Dawn!

Thumbs up They're remaking Red Dawn!

Between this and Tron Legacy coming out this year, I'm reliving my childhood!

http://www.imdb.com/title/tt1234719/

2. Remove this section of ads by registering.

if modern agriculture continues to follow the path it's on now, it's finished. The food-growing situation may seem to be in good shape today, but that's just an illusion based on the current availability of petroleum fuels. All the wheat, corn, and other crops that are produced on big American farms may be alive and growing, but they're not products of real nature or real agriculture. They're manufactured rather than grown. The earth isn't producing those things.. petroleum is! -Masanobu Fukuoka

Instead of the Soviet Union taking over this one should have the Neocons taking over... same thing.
    If the stampman tells you to kiss his ass, shall he get away with it and live? Don't let your courage cool, or a few bullies scare you. We've nothing to fear but slavery. Love your liberty, and fight for it like men who know its value. Once lost it will never, never be regained.
    -Hugh Ledlie, 1774.

Quote Originally Posted by RCA View Post
    Between this and Tron Legacy coming out this year, I'm reliving my childhood!

http://www.imdb.com/title/tt1234719/
    Um, they've also remade Clash of the Titans.

Wolverines!

Quote Originally Posted by sevin View Post
    This better not suck.
    this

Remakes usually suck.

Will see.

10. Remove this section of ads by registering.
    Oh, I see.
    Someone thought it would be a good idea to make a movie about antagonistic Chinese and Russian military forces.
    Do they get to be in front of the line, or is that still Iran at this point?
    Seems to me we should probably get done occupying the little guys before gunning for the most populous nation on earth.
    There are no crimes against people.
    There are only crimes against the state.
    And the state will never, ever choose to hold accountable its agents, because a thing can not commit a crime against itself.

Too bad that they will most likely portray another nation as the enemy.

It seems the most damage is being perpetrated by our own government.

Not trying to rain on anyone's parade, I enjoyed watching that when I was a kid as well. Just sayin' it would suck to generate animosity for some " foreign enemy " while the wool is pulled over the eyes of our own.

Would be a neat "twist ending." It would take some rewriting, of course, but do the troopers have to say much of anything? When they do, speaking English wouldn't be "crazy" for an invading military to do. There could be speculation as to who "they" are, but no real country assigned, no real "figuring out" whose uniform that is, until the end

Quote Originally Posted by Dark_Horse_Rider View Post
    Too bad that they will most likely portray another nation as the enemy.

It seems the most damage is being perpetrated by our own government.

Not trying to rain on anyone's parade, I enjoyed watching that when I was a kid as well. Just sayin' it would suck to generate animosity for some " foreign enemy " while the wool is pulled over the eyes of our own.

Quote Originally Posted by MelissaWV View Post
    Would be a neat "twist ending." It would take some rewriting, of course, but do the troopers have to say much of anything? When they do, speaking English wouldn't be "crazy" for an invading military to do. There could be speculation as to who "they" are, but no real country assigned, no real "figuring out" whose uniform that is, until the end
    I think it would get a much better response if it did incorporate something like that. And actually could be a powerful force for opening peoples eyes.

So are the Chinese invading or just foreclosing

They filmed some of this right near my house. Bout 10 minutes away.

That movie gave me nightmares as a kid. I should have never seen any of it. I didn't see much, but I couldn't understand how the people lined up wouldn't just run. Yeah, just hearing that title gives me chills, but it's a filthy world out there.
    Camden Pike
    MNGOP Senate District 41 Chairman
    twitter.com/camdenpike

19. Remove this section of ads by registering.