Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Thread: I keep supporting C4L!

I keep supporting C4L!

Letīs make a thread like this for a while.

Instead of bullshitting here, you should read this topic and check why are they doing it in Colorado.

http://www.campaignforliberty.com/bl...cpg=1#comments

F-word to dramaqueens!

Letīs work even harder for liberty!

KEEP THE REVOLUTION ALIVE! RUN FOR OFFICE!

2. Remove this section of ads by registering.
    With the release of John's statement, I wanted to take a minute to fill you in on what has been happening out here in Colorado.

I have been amazed at the effect the survey has had on other candidates. Several candidates have called and/or emailed me asking to fill out the survey or to tell me they have mailed in the form. This includes some who flat-out refused to fill it out before. Incumbents have also taken notice. Both CO C4L and I are being treated with much more respect now, instead of being written off as far-out "Ron Paulers" (which I proudly am!).

In speaking with Ken Buck last year, I found that he has been "educated" into a complete 180 regarding the Federal Reserve, and he is actively calling out Bennet to co-sponsor S. 604. Yesterday, he also chastised Bennet for his "yes" vote to confirm Bernanke for a second term. With his stance on the war, he is not perfect, but I have learned that he is teachable! He has also been working with three main C4L organizers in CO to learn about what we stand for, and he has read several of Ron Paul's books (The Revolution twice).

Yes, the commercial should have been different, but the survey has already had a great impact out here in CO, and I'm looking forward to continuing to hold politicians accountable for where they stand on our issues.

Greetings All: I was a little angry at first also. I am aware of Buck's record, particularly about his abuse of the 4th amendment and his stand on foreign policy. I do agree that people, even politicians are teachable. People and politicians make mistakes. This is how we learn. I believe that National and Colorado C4L learns from these mistakes and it makes us stronger in the long haul.It is not going to be easy taking our Republic back from the progressive revolutionaries. To that end we must maintain level heads and help each other. Our common goal here is to educate, inform and get our Republic back.

I have been quietly watching this fiasco for the past 2 days. Now that I feel I have a better grasp of what's been going on I am outraged too. Not at C4L National, and not the CO C4L, but at the miriad of C4L members (and now some ex-memebers) who have come out of the woodwork and are bashing C4L over the head over this. I agree that the ad could have been better designed, but as long as we can get some validation that it was paid for by local people in Colorodo and not by C4L national I am perfectly satisfied with what has transpired.

I know we want our politicians to be pure constitutionalists, but that fact of the matter is that that does not always fly in modern America. If Buck is only lacking in ONE of our core principles then he is still a HELL of a lot better than 99% of current members of Congress. If we go around on an inquisition to burn politicians who disagree with us on even one point then we can just end this here and now because we will NEVER get anywhere with that attitude, which can only turn people off and turn others away. We can't afford to be purists and, quite frankly, liberty is not about having a strict ideology.

Besides, as long as he supports sound money and an end to the FED he doesn't HAVE to be for non-intervention. When the REAL cost of intervention is apparent through sound money he will HAVE to be against interventionist adventures, like it or not. I think right now, we really need to focus on politicians who will support sound money and austrian theories of economics first and foremost. After that, the rest of the policy changes that make sense are sure to follow.

Right on.

We should all stay involved with things we think make a difference. Lets all keep up the fight =))))
    I'm DjLoTi =) Liveontheisland =) I live on an island =) It's my island =)

btw qwerty u do a really good job on these forums
    I'm DjLoTi =) Liveontheisland =) I live on an island =) It's my island =)

Quote Originally Posted by DjLoTi View Post
    Right on.

We should all stay involved with things we think make a difference. Lets all keep up the fight =))))
    Yes, C4L is great tool to meet your local people!

Only bad thing is that iīm from Europe!

btw qwerty u do a really good job on these forums
    Thanks bro!

I support the C4L. It just needs reformed.

10. Remove this section of ads by registering.
    Itīs kind a funny to see so many adults acting like babies here.

Grow up and see that people make mistakes. Yes, i agree that the ad could have been better.

I really think that the people who now drop out were not even activists for C4L. why i think so ?

Cause you wouldnīt give up on something which is important to you so easy.

Quote Originally Posted by tkubic46 View Post
    I support the C4L. It just needs reformed.
    Yes, let them hear your opinion loud&clear.

All the adults here can agree that the resigning is not the way to improve things.

Thanks for another thread.
    "Resolve to serve no more, and you are at once freed. I do not ask that you place hands upon the tyrant to topple him over, but simply that you support him no longer; then you will behold him, like a great Colossus whose pedestal has been pulled away, fall of his own weight and break in pieces."-Étienne de La Boétie

Quote Originally Posted by Vessol View Post
    Thanks for another thread.
    Youīre wellcome.

This one will not be hijacked by the people who only want to sabotage things.

This thread was posted by the kind of people that will ruin this movement.

Those who attack those who dare question anything and those whom do not mind sacrificing their values if it means winning, and thus losing in the process.
    "Resolve to serve no more, and you are at once freed. I do not ask that you place hands upon the tyrant to topple him over, but simply that you support him no longer; then you will behold him, like a great Colossus whose pedestal has been pulled away, fall of his own weight and break in pieces."-Étienne de La Boétie

Those who attack those who dare question anything and those whom do not mind sacrificing their values if it means winning, and thus losing in the process.

Compromise is what politicians live for....it also is certain death for the people....when you compromise again and again and again you end up with nothing left. This happens all the time....so much that certain elements rely on it, they are so far out there just to move the point of compromise (knowing that the majority of politicians want to pacify factions).

a sick way of being.
    "Rebellion to tyrants is obedience to God."--Thomas Jefferson

Iīm ruining the movement when iīm not dropping my support ?

Sounds very adult to me, how old are you ?

We here believe in conversations. If you canīt do that, i guess that the only way to tell what you think is drop out your support.

Btw, the video was poorly made and i think they get the message, but the intention of the video could be very good.

This is not a forum for ad hominem attacks.

I simply said that I believe that people whom attack people whom ask questions of those who lead our movement and those who accept foregoing core political values we all accept in order to win, these are the people damaging this movement.

This is my opinion.

19. Remove this section of ads by registering.
    Quote Originally Posted by fj45lvr View Post
    Compromise is what politicians live for....it also is certain death for the people....when you compromise again and again and again you end up with nothing left. This happens all the time....so much that certain elements rely on it, they are so far out there just to move the point of compromise (knowing that the majority of politicians want to pacify factions).

a sick way of being.
    This isnīt about Compromising, this is all about improving.

I think the intention could be good, just the video was bad.

Quote Originally Posted by qwerty View Post
    This isnīt about Compromising, this is all about improving.

I think the intention could be good, just the video was bad.
    What was the intention?

And how is this about improving?

This is not a forum for ad hominem attacks.

I simply said that I believe that people whom attack people whom ask questions of those who lead our movement and those who accept foregoing core political values we all accept in order to win, these are the people damaging this movement.

This is my opinion.
    Ofcourse you should ask question and tell everyone your opinion.

Iīm talking about spreading helf-truth and that BS, some even attacking Ron Paul over this.

I guess you think that those people are the ones we need. I donīt...

Making a mistake is btw human nature, itīs all about that are you learning from the mistake. If they donīt learn, they are not the right leaders.

Still i think that the survey could be a good way to get these politicians to think out of the box. Just the ad was bad.

When i say that we need conversation, thatīs questions and answers. You know... We donīt need insults&half-truths!

What was the intention?

And how is this about improving?
    I think that is was a ad for the survey.

Next ad should be better. Thatīs improving.

Well I'll say that I support the CFL still, but not the upper leadership which has given poor response and excuses so far.

I also don't know how anyone can put Ron Paul into this. He isn't and shouldn't become involved in it. This is CFL's mess.

I'm sorry if I come off as attacking or trying to destroy anything, I'm not. I'm frustrated however by the people who make it wrong just to question and think that our leaders and organizations are perfect and beyond fault.

Well I'll say that I support the CFL still, but not the upper leadership which has given poor response and excuses so far.

I also don't know how anyone can put Ron Paul into this. He isn't and shouldn't become involved in it. This is CFL's mess.

I'm sorry if I come off as attacking or trying to destroy anything, I'm not. I'm frustrated however by the people who make it wrong just to question and think that our leaders and organizations are perfect and beyond fault.
    Ok, now we are at the same page!

Yes, we should tell them loud and clear what we think, cause after all organisation people make the C4L not the leadership. This isnīt an organisation which is full of lemmings who canīt think.

What i think is that conversations will improve these things, dropping out is the easy way out and wonīt do any good for the movement.

Yes, if you are not happy with something, you should tell your opinion, but no lies,insults or half-truths!

Itīs kind a funny to see so many adults acting like babies here.

Grow up and see that people make mistakes. Yes, i agree that the ad could have been better.

I really think that the people who now drop out were not even activists for C4L. why i think so ?

Cause you wouldnīt give up on something which is important to you so easy.
    I dont think this is the way you help in this situation. You just come as a C4L cheerleader. Calling people with different opinions babies and dramaqueens its not going to help, and also shows an attitude of not wanting to discuss the issues. It seems like you just want to "rally the troops" so C4L can get away with this.

C4L supported a candidate that supports the wars. Is this going to be now the official policy of C4L or are they going to change? And how can the people now they are for real now? This are things worth discussing and not calling people names.

I am very glad on how the people reacted. I am proud they are for real, and not just people that say one thing and do the opposite.

Quote Originally Posted by hugolp View Post
    I dont think this is the way you help in this situation. You just come as a C4L cheerleader. Calling people with different opinions babies and dramaqueens its not going to help, and also shows an attitude of not wanting to discuss the issues. It seems like you just want to "rally the troops" so C4L can get away with this.

C4L supported a candidate that supports the wars. Is this going to be now the official policy of C4L or are they going to change? And how can the people now they are for real now? This are things worth discussing and not calling people names.

I am very glad on how the people reacted. I am proud they are for real, and not just people that say one thing and do the opposite.
    Omg.

First, iīm calling those people who are taking the easy way out (drop out) or are spreading dis-info here.

Secondly, the ad was for the survey. It was just badly done and that shouldnīt happen again.

Third, Iīm also glad that people reacted, but it depends on how they react. Are they going to talk about it like adults or start acting like babies. You know adults starts conversations about the things that they would like to change. Babies&dramaqueens are the ones who are here just to sabotage things, they spread half-truths,insults and thatīs not productive in any ways. That is what the enemies of the freedom movement would like us to do.

BTW. I have been here a long time and i have seen how this board has changed.

Iīm so sure that some people are here just to sabotage this movement we have created. You must choose your side.

United we stand, divided we fall
    Last edited by qwerty; 01-30-2010 at 06:51 AM.

28. Remove this section of ads by registering.
    Omg.

First, iīm calling those people who are taking the easy way out (drop out) or are spreading dis-info here.

Secondly, the ad was for the survey. It was just badly done and that shouldnīt happen again.

Third, Iīm also glad that people reacted, but it depends on how they react. Are they going to talk about it like adults or start acting like babies. You know adults starts conversations about the things that they would like to change. Babies&dramaqueens are the ones who are here just to sabotage things, they spread half-truths,insults and thatīs not productive in any ways. That is what the enemies of the freedom movement would like us to do.

Iīm so sure that some people are here just to sabotage this movement we have created. You must choose your side.

I want to know how much of "the truth" people can HANDLE.
    i'm not so sure that "ppl" can handle any "truthiness" not included in their own AGENDA.
    HOW BOUT THEM APPLES?
    (my guess is that this will never be addressed)
    AND $#@! ALL Y'ALL SCOTT BROWN SUPPORTERS telling me to quit the CFL.
    Last edited by revolutionary8; 01-30-2010 at 07:13 AM.

Omg.

See, this is what I am talking about. People is angry, and rightfully so. Yet, you are talking about choosing sides, instead of talking about what will be C4L future policy regarding the war. If I had to choose side, I would choose the anti-preemptive war side, as would anyone with half a heart. You are trying to dodge the debate and rally the people with rhetoric. Your attitude is going to get people more angry, and with a reason if you ask me.

Lets talk about C4L future policy regarding war, and present actions to support that stand. That is the way to solve this mess, not rhetoric.

See, this is what I am talking about. People is angry, and rightfully so. Yet, you are talking about choosing sides, instead of talking about what will be C4L future policy regarding the war. If I had to choose side, I would choose the anti-preemptive war side, as would anyone with half a heart. You are trying to dodge the debate and rally the people with rhetoric. Your attitude is going to get people more angry, and with a reason if you ask me.

Lets talk about C4L future policy regarding war, and present actions to support that stand. That is the way to solve this mess, not rhetoric.
    Have you seen what TATE said ?

In retrospect, the ad we are running could have been messaged differently to help avoid any confusion on its intent and to better advertise our issue discussion program. Your invaluable feedback will help us correct this in the future and, as a result, strengthen the effectiveness of our program. This is C4L's first foray into launching this kind of national initiative, and we are convinced it has the potential to make a tremendous impact.

They are seeing that the members were not so happy about the way the ad was created.

You are so blinded. If you canīt see that the video was not made to endorse Ken but to get the word out about the survey, which is intended to educate candidates and help them to think out of the box and i think itīs a good idea.

Yes, the ad was bad and they have heard it and will hear for a long time. If they learn from it, iīm fine. If they donīt itīs time to change the people. Mistakes are part of the human nature.

What that video had to do with war ? Thatīs again a half-truth. I didnīt even endorse Ken.

Why people got impression that it endorsed Ken, cause it was badly done and they know it now!

That war thing is really a non-issue here. We should talk about improving the ads that they wonīt give wrong impressions to the people.

You should give us a source where C4L directly endorses war ? If you canīt donīt talk about it, cause itīs not true then.
    Last edited by qwerty; 01-30-2010 at 07:30 AM.

^^ The ad was endorsing Ken, a neo-con, using the excuse of the survey as an excuse, because by law they can not directly support a candidate. Everybody that has seen the ad can see that. I dont buy that C4L are stupid. It is very obvious what they were doing.

You dont spend $350.000 in an ad to promote your survey, and randomly choose a guy to appear. Its a lot of money.

I am telling you that trying to doge the question and treating people as if they were stupid is not going to help. Nobody is buying that this was about the survey, it was about the candidate.

C4L should come out, say if they are going to support more war-mongering candidates and react accordingly. Treating people like if they are stupid and trying to force them to believe an obviously lie is not the way to go.

Omg.

How about you call people out individually instead of painting with a broad brush. I have been around here a while too. I too recall when the CFL was announced and going to be seeded with remaining campaign money.

In light of this controversy the burden here is not on people who do not advocate empowering other people to spend your money. As an advocate of decentralization and free markets I really don't give credibility to people who want to club other people into believing in central planning and top down organization.

You created a Milton Friedman thread posting an interview video and if you actually listen to him talk about libertarianism it does not do much to support the case for CFL.

To be clear so there is no doubt... here is what I am re-stating. A top down organization such as the CFL was not the appropriate vehicle for grass roots supporters to place all of their eggs and faith in. Especially in light of the campaign and people involved.

Opponents of the formation of CFL at times have been labeled just about everything but a Ron Paul supporter so opponents of this grass roots top down distraction shut up about it. But now that the CFL is establishing validity to the initial criticism of its formation in light of this controversy be mindful of who you call out. If not done with the utmost respect and professionalism it might bite you in the ass.
    Last edited by Live_Free_Or_Die; 01-30-2010 at 07:56 AM.

^^ The ad was endorsing Ken, a neo-con, using the excuse of the survey as an excuse, because by law they can not directly support a candidate. Everybody that has seen the ad can see that. I dont buy that C4L are stupid. It is very obvious what they were doing.
    Ok, we can argue all night long was an endorsement or not. You say it was, i say it was just a bad video which gave from impression.

However that conversation wouldnīt be productive. From my understanding the C4L has allready pulled the ad out ?

You dont spend $350.000 in an ad to promote your survey, and randomly choose a guy to appear. Its a lot of money.
    Yes, you donīt. But are from Colorado ? I am asking cause in my understanding they used local money not national.

I like the survey idea. And i think C4L should run ads to get name recognition.

I am telling you that trying to doge the question and treating people as if they were stupid is not going to help. Nobody is buying that this was about the survey, it was about the candidate.
    Again wrong accusations. The people who i dislike are the ones who spread insults&lies&half-truths. Not the ones who ask decent questions.

C4L should come out, say if they are going to support more war-mongering candidates and react accordingly. Treating people like if they are stupid and trying to force them to believe an obviously lie is not the way to go.
    They havenīt supported war-mongering. Thatīs a lie.

I asked you to prove and you didnīt so itīs a lie.

Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast