Thread: Positive response to Ken Buck commercial - C4L Colorado State Coordinator

Positive response to Ken Buck commercial - C4L Colorado State Coordinator

http://www.campaignforliberty.com/blog.php?view=31973
    Quote Originally Posted by Bonnie Cannon
    With the release of John's statement, I wanted to take a minute to fill you in on what has been happening out here in Colorado.

I have been amazed at the effect the survey has had on other candidates. Several candidates have called and/or emailed me asking to fill out the survey or to tell me they have mailed in the form. This includes some who flat-out refused to fill it out before. Incumbents have also taken notice. Both CO C4L and I are being treated with much more respect now, instead of being written off as far-out "Ron Paulers" (which I proudly am!).

In speaking with Ken Buck last year, I found that he has been "educated" into a complete 180 regarding the Federal Reserve, and he is actively calling out Bennet to co-sponsor S. 604. Yesterday, he also chastised Bennet for his "yes" vote to confirm Bernanke for a second term. With his stance on the war, he is not perfect, but I have learned that he is teachable! He has also been working with three main C4L organizers in CO to learn about what we stand for, and he has read several of Ron Paul's books (The Revolution twice).

Yes, the commercial should have been different, but the survey has already had a great impact out here in CO, and I'm looking forward to continuing to hold politicians accountable for where they stand on our issues.
    Last edited by MRoCkEd; 01-29-2010 at 04:24 PM.

2. Remove this section of ads by registering.
    Of course other candidates are interested! Why wouldn't they be? They think it comes with an endorsement ad for the survey!

Yee HAW!!!!!!!!!!!!

Strap onthose golf shoes and do a tap dance on your genatals - GO NEOCON! - GO PRO-WAR CANDIDATE!

-t

any idea on where the money came from and which survey question Buck answered "no" to?

Do you think it was the survey that brought you the respect or the fact that 350k was funneled in an earmarked donation to an endorsement ad which was the first C4L paid for ad for a candidate?

Also, are you all in CO aware of Buck's record as someone who has been chastised by the courts in that state for violating 4th amendment rights on I believe more than 1 occasion?

I understand that you all are excited about the candidate and have found reasons to get behind him. Is there any reason his candidacy has taken a completely different path to national exposure among the Ron Paul support community that every other candidate?

Thanks for the update. Its good to know that the politicians in CO are fired up about this survey. Any word on how the voters has perceived?

Quote Originally Posted by LittleLightShining View Post
    Of course other candidates are interested! Why wouldn't they be? They think it comes with an endorsement ad for the survey!
    And when they don't get one, expect the FEC violation complaints to really get started.

Edit: in fact some candidates might fill out the survey just to expose it as fraud.
    Last edited by specsaregood; 01-29-2010 at 04:33 PM.

Adds Bonnie Cannon to list of people needing to Resign before ever considering rejoining C4L

What a $#@!ling tool.

Of course if your going to get a $350k ad campaign your going to want to fill out the damn survey. especially if the answers are never even fact checked or vetted.

Quote Originally Posted by newbitech View Post
    Do you think it was the survey that brought you the respect or the fact that 350k was funneled in an earmarked donation to an endorsement ad which was the first C4L paid for ad for a candidate?
    As I understand C4L's tax status, they cannot endorse ANY candidate or are looking at prison time!

WTF?????

-t

Quote Originally Posted by tangent4ronpaul View Post
    As I understand C4L's tax status, they cannot endorse ANY candidate or are looking at prison time!

WTF?????

-t
    ah but that pesky little survey.

We should call this surveygate.

10. Remove this section of ads by registering.
    yeah so there it is folks. the official party line in response to any question. Lovely.

Please quote the words from the ad that specifically say that any part of C4L endorses this candidate. It says "Thank Ken Buck for championing conservative Colorado values. Urge the other candidates to follow his leadership and stand up for freedom by returning their C4L candidate surveys today." NO WHERE in this ad, either printed or spoken, does is say C4L supports or endorses this candidate.

As C4L has stated, they needed to do the ad in a different fashion and beat up the US Senate candidates that had NOT returned the survey, and then at the end, thanked Ken Buck for doing the survey. As one other person has commented here, "Great idea, poor execution." I could not agree more...but I WILL move forward and use this survey to Colorado's benefit.