Page 7 of 8 FirstFirst ... 5678 LastLast

Thread: The Myth of Police Protection

I admit I haven't even watched the video, nor have I read any of this thread in years, but how does one know that the video referred to in the previous post is not performed by paid actors?

* * * Saboteurs and Dupes are on my Ignore List. My non-response means they're included. * * *

email me anonymously

2. Remove this section of ads by registering.
    Quote Originally Posted by Todd View Post
    Glad someone found this thread: Thought it had gone down the memory hole. Very needed today because I'm having a discussion with a Pastor friend who wants all kind of regs on gun ownership.....from psychological evals, to people having to write essays before they can own a gun. LOL.. It's comical in a sad way.
    Just make sure your pastor understands that when Guns are made illegal, the only ones that will not have access to guns are the law abiding citizens. Everyone else that ignores the law will be able to point their guns at the law abiding (obedient) citizens, and the ones that follow the law are really the only true victims of the Law.
    1776 > 1984

The FAILURE of the United States Government to operate and maintain an
    Honest Money System , which frees the ordinary man from the clutches of the money manipulators, is the single largest contributing factor to the World's current Economic Crisis.

The Elimination of Privacy is the Architecture of Genocide

Belief, Money, and Violence are the three ways all people are controlled

Quote Originally Posted by Zippyjuan View Post
    Our central bank is not privately owned.

More and more relevant every single day...
    1776 > 1984

The FAILURE of the United States Government to operate and maintain an
    Honest Money System , which frees the ordinary man from the clutches of the money manipulators, is the single largest contributing factor to the World's current Economic Crisis.

The Elimination of Privacy is the Architecture of Genocide

Belief, Money, and Violence are the three ways all people are controlled

Quote Originally Posted by Zippyjuan View Post
    Our central bank is not privately owned.

6. Remove this section of ads by registering.
    Bump
    Chris

"Government ... does not exist of necessity, but rather by virtue of a tragic, almost comical combination of klutzy, opportunistic terrorism against sitting ducks whom it pretends to shelter, plus our childish phobia of responsibility, praying to be exempted from the hard reality of life on life's terms." Wolf DeVoon

"...Make America Great Again. I'm interested in making American FREE again. Then the greatness will come automatically."Ron Paul

bump
    Chris

"Government ... does not exist of necessity, but rather by virtue of a tragic, almost comical combination of klutzy, opportunistic terrorism against sitting ducks whom it pretends to shelter, plus our childish phobia of responsibility, praying to be exempted from the hard reality of life on life's terms." Wolf DeVoon

"...Make America Great Again. I'm interested in making American FREE again. Then the greatness will come automatically."Ron Paul

Quote Originally Posted by Anti Federalist View Post

This kind of nonsense is why we can't have nice things.
    Last edited by heavenlyboy34; 04-30-2015 at 05:27 PM.
    Quote Originally Posted by Torchbearer
    what works can never be discussed online. there is only one language the government understands, and until the people start speaking it by the magazine full... things will remain the same.
    Hear/buy my music here "government is the enemy of liberty"-RP Support me on Patreon here Ephesians 6:12

Banned

Blog Entries
    It's funny. Where I work recently. We had a crime. The police of course, would not be able to stop it.
    I really did not want to file a police report, but decided I had to... ....why?
    Would they investigate and catch the perp?
    Nope.
    Nope, actually, I had to have the police file a report... so... I WOULDN'T BE SUSPECTED OF CRIMINALITY when claiming a loss with the I.R.S.
    BACKWARDS LAND.

OH, also, had I caught the guy, and beat him... ...guess who would be sued and going to jail?

worthless government.

P.S. The police still have yet to arrive for that report. HA HA HA HA HA.

15. Remove this section of ads by registering.
    Bump for the cops falling down on the Fedcoat's gun used to kill that women in SF.

LibForestPaul

Quote Originally Posted by Bruno View Post
    horrible story

as the saying goes, when seconds count, the police are minutes (or hours) away (or never show)
    They will still vote democrat, for more gun control, and more state largess.

Le' Bumpe'

Quote Originally Posted by heavenlyboy34 View Post
    Wow, how correct! I wish everyone on this board understood what you said here.
    That is the truth. So many people think the police will magically appear within seconds of being called. The time you wait for them is an eternity. We are on our own !!! We have to defend our own homes and family.

Le' Bumpe'
    In AmeriKa the citizens protect the police but the police don't protect themselves. I think to myself. What a country!

http://www.ronpaulforums.com/showthr...rve-the-Police

Relevant bump WRT Orlando nightclub shooting in which police did not pursue a gunman into a packed night club.

24. Remove this section of ads by registering.
    Quote Originally Posted by phill4paul View Post
    Quote Originally Posted by acptulsa View Post
    Hat tip to Suzanimal for the following:

Quote Originally Posted by Daily Mail
    Did a delay in response give the gunman more time? Cops face questions over why it took three hours for SWAT teams to storm Orlando nightclub as police chief admits officers may have shot some of the VICTIMS

...Police Chief John Mina has also admitted that some of the victims may have been hit by officers' gun fire.

However he insisted it is a part of the investigation into the horrific attack.

He said: 'I will say that is all part of the investigation. But I will say when our SWAT officers, about eight or nine officers, opened fire, their backdrop was a concrete wall. And they were being fired upon, so that is all part of the investigation.'

The decisions made by Orlando police made them targets for scrutiny among experts in police tactics.

They said the lessons learned from other mass shootings show that officers must get inside swiftly — even at great risk — to stop the threat and save lives.
    'We live in a different world. And action beats inaction 100 per cent of the time,' said Chris Grollnek, an expert on active-shooter tactics and a retired police officer and SWAT team member.

Authorities in Orlando say the situation changed from an active-shooter scenario to a hostage situation once gunman Mateen made it into one of the bathrooms where club-goers were hiding.

He first had a shootout with the off-duty officer at the club's entrance.

Then two other officers arrived and the firing continued.

Experts say there's a big difference between responding to a lone gunman and a shooter who has hostages.

In active-shooter situations, police are now trained to respond immediately, even if only one or two officers are available to confront the suspect.
    In a hostage crisis, law enforcement generally tries to negotiate.

Once in the restroom, Mateen called 911 and made statements pledging allegiance to the Islamic State, Orlando Police Chief John Mina said Monday.
    That's when the shooting stopped and hostage negotiators began talking with him, the chief said.

'We had a team of crisis negotiators that talked to the suspect, trying to get as much information as possible, what we could do to help resolve the situation... He wasn't asking a whole lot, and we were doing most of the asking,' Mina said.

But Mateen soon began talking about explosives and bombs, leading Mina to decide about 5am to detonate an explosive on an exterior wall to prevent potentially greater loss of life.

The explosives did not penetrate the wall completely, so an armored vehicle was used to punch a two-foot-by-three-foot hole in the wall about two feet from the ground.
    'We knew there would be an imminent loss of life,' Mina said.

Hostages started running out, as did Mateen, who was killed in a shootout with SWAT team members.
    It turned out there were no explosives.
    http://www.dailymail.co.uk/news/arti...#ixzz4BaJ0Hz7h

Well, now. The cops had Mateen outnumbered three to one before he got inside, yet these three trained, experienced officers could not stop him.

They had Mateen on the telephone and seem to have known he was in a restroom, yet they did not send someone in to evacuate, they did not call the bartender and tell him to set off the fire alarm, they did not suggest that someone--anyone--inside yell, "FIRE!" Why not? Because yelling fire in a crowded public building is illegal, and it's entrapment for cops to advise someone to do an illegal thing?

There were innocents on the patio. They had a fire ladder truck, they had helicopters, and the wall surrounding the patio could not have been soundproof. A plumber with two ladders on his truck could have evacuated that patio. One guy with a sawzall could have evacuated that patio. Anyone with a car could have shouted, 'stay away from this wall' and knocked a hole in it with his or her car, and evacuated the patio. Apparently the people on the patio had the door barricaded. If that barricade had been torn down, some of the people inside could have been evacuated. But the plumber, or the guy with the sawzall, or the person with a car, was not allowed into the area by the cops. And the cops did not do these things either, or ask the firemen to do it. Why? Because their superiors had declared it a hostage situation, and regulations do not allow any breach of the perimeter during a hostage negotiation--even if there's no possible way the shooter can know it's happening?

If they had gained access to the patio door, they would have had a silent way in which was not the front door. Instead, they blew holes in the wall, or tried to, and then used a battering ram. Why? What is the purpose of using shock and awe tactics if you aren't competent to pull them off? What is the point of battering the hole you failed to create with your explosives, when the point of using explosives was to gain the element of surprise?

And why won't they say how many of the victims were shot not by the perp, but by the police?

If three cops are manning the door, but a guy carrying an unconcealed AR-freaking-15 cannot be denied entrance to the building, if the cops are just going to putz around for three hours and then do everything wrong, if the cops are so hamstrung by their own regulations and chain of command that they can't even pull hostages out of a patio, and in the end they are going to shoot innocents with as much abandon as the perpetrator himself, then why are we banning handguns in bars and talking about banning them everywhere else too?

One competent civilian could have ended this thing in the first two minutes. Which would not only have saved dozens of lives, but would have saved the Orlando Police Department the embarrassment of making complete asses of themselves. If only there had not been a law against carrying firearms in a bar. And all because the police are professionals, and we have to let them handle it.

Well. So much for that theory. Now. Can we do the sane thing yet?
    Quote Originally Posted by Swordsmyth View Post
    We believe our lying eyes...

///
    Chris

Bump for Winning!

Bump for relevance to recent school shooting where we can see this pollicy in action.
    Chris

That Florida thing has got me so $#@!ing furious I can't see straight.

That Florida thing has got me so $#@!ing furious I can't see straight.

Well, we can at least be grateful that Hillary didn't get elected or we'd be fighting off rafts of new gun control right now. Wait ...
    Chris

///
    Chris

33. Remove this section of ads by registering.
    bump
    Chris

Remember whe 51 police officers deserted the citizens of New Orleans during and after Hurricane Katrina?

http://www.foxnews.com/story/2005/10...desertion.html

We're being governed ruled by a geriatric Alzheimer patient/puppet whose strings are being pulled by an elitist oligarchy who believe they can manage the world... imagine the utter maniacal, sociopathic hubris!

Page 7 of 8 FirstFirst ... 5678 LastLast