Page 32 of 32 FirstFirst ... 22303132

Thread: CFL Spent $350,000 on a pro-war Colorado candidate

I think this has its own thread here. Response from CO coordinator or something like that. Pretty pathetic.

2. Remove this section of ads by registering.
    Quote Originally Posted by newbitech View Post
    Just out of curiosity, what websites did you participate in before you joined up with C4L last year? I'd like to know because I wonder how many other C4L members come in without knowledge of forums like this and dailypaul.com.
    I haven't been an especially active participant in the sense of posting materials, essays, or comments. I tend to lurk more and just keep up with other peoples' goings-on. If I write something, it will usually be an email or paper letter to one of my representatives.

Of the liberty-oriented organizations out there, I have active memberships or have recently given money to:

mises.org
    acton.org
    vcdl.org
    nra.org
    lp.org

I have been aware of RPFs, dailypaul.com, ronpaul.com, and other sites out there because I tend to follow links when posted in whatever I happen to be reading at the time. But it's usually a case of "read-the-linked-post-and-never-go-back" unless the linked post is especially interesting (like the link to this thread). I would wager that most C4L members who use the site are also aware of the other sites, but like me, used C4L as the primary site since it was endorsed by Dr. Paul himself.

Anyway, to complete the answer, I will hit the following sites with some regularity (could be monthly or quarterly, but I tend to come back):

lewrockwell.com
    nolanchart.com
    depression2.tv (seems to be dead now)
    theinternationalforcaster.com
    infowars.com
    and probably a few others that I'm not thinking of now or that are not strictly speaking, liberty-oriented sites (like marketwatch.com).

I also have bookmarks for the US Senate and House vote results, thomas.loc.gov, and the Virginia General Assembly schedules and vote results. I like primary sources.

Quote Originally Posted by newbitech View Post
    and welcome, here is your fireproof suit, your tinfoil hat, and your bullhorn.
    Thank you for the new wardrobe, it's just my size.

Quote Originally Posted by cjm View Post
    I haven't been an especially active participant in the sense of posting materials, essays, or comments. I tend to lurk more and just keep up with other peoples' goings-on. If I write something, it will usually be an email or paper letter to one of my representatives.

Of the liberty-oriented organizations out there, I have active memberships or have recently given money to:

mises.org
    acton.org
    vcdl.org
    nra.org
    lp.org

I have been aware of RPFs, dailypaul.com, ronpaul.com, and other sites out there because I tend to follow links when posted in whatever I happen to be reading at the time. But it's usually a case of "read-the-linked-post-and-never-go-back" unless the linked post is especially interesting (like the link to this thread). I would wager that most C4L members who use the site are also aware of the other sites, but like me, used C4L as the primary site since it was endorsed by Dr. Paul himself.

Anyway, to complete the answer, I will hit the following sites with some regularity (could be monthly or quarterly, but I tend to come back):

lewrockwell.com
    nolanchart.com
    depression2.tv (seems to be dead now)
    theinternationalforcaster.com
    infowars.com
    and probably a few others that I'm not thinking of now or that are not strictly speaking, liberty-oriented sites (like marketwatch.com).

I also have bookmarks for the US Senate and House vote results, thomas.loc.gov, and the Virginia General Assembly schedules and vote results. I like primary sources.

Thank you for the new wardrobe, it's just my size.
    Please see the link in my signature called "Websites for Liberty." Try not to get lost. ;-)

Remember when CFL started? All the Meetups were named "Ron Paul for President" and they changed their names.
    "That's one thing about freedom; you have to tolerate the nonsense too." - Ron Paul

Quote Originally Posted by GunnyFreedom View Post

Folks like you will help to make this happen. Thank you sir!
    Folks like you will make this happen.
    Transaction ID: 7WY73001HL849592W Placed on Jan 31, 2010
    Payment For Quantity Price
    Donation for: Committee to Elect Glen Bradley for NC House 49 1 $25.00 USD
    Subtotal: $25.00 USD
    Sales Tax: $0.00 USD
    Total Amount: $25.00 USD

Quote Originally Posted by JoshLowry View Post
    You can trust Bryan and I. We have nothing to do with Mossad.
    Now that's funny right there, I don't care who you are.

8. Remove this section of ads by registering.
    Quote Originally Posted by inibo View Post
    Folks like you will make this happen.
    Thank you inibo --

I know that right now more than ever it is extremely tough to donate money to a political campaign. It is tough in the best of times, but right now the times are anything but "best." This is the one part of a political campaign that I wish were different. I am used to making every penny I get through hard work (not that a political campaign isn't hard work mind you) but no matter how hard I work, I can not by myself make the money needed to defeat Lucy Allen. Therefore it's donors like you that allow me to run in the first place.

I appreciate it more than I can express. This is the one part of a political campaign that I have a good bit of trouble with. The rest of it is most natural to me, the canvassing, the speaking, the activism -- even the legislating. What you guys are doing here will very much help me make the kind of impact to demonstrate I am real, and a real force to be reckoned with. That in turn will release more donors locally to give.

I have already seen it that the more my thermometer climbs (I have to do it manually in Photoshop by the way) the more the locals are willing to give.

You guys are giving me my start, and that will take me all the way.

This is where it starts, in the States, to restore the Constitutional order. We can do this, and you are helping to make it happen. Thank you!
    http://glenbradley.net/share/aleksan...nitsyn_4-t.gif “And how we burned in the camps later, thinking: What would things have been like if every Security operative, when he went out at night to make an arrest, had been uncertain whether he would return alive and had to say good-bye to his family? Or if, during periods of mass arrests, as for example in Leningrad, when they arrested a quarter of the entire city, people had not simply sat there in their lairs, paling with terror at every bang of the downstairs door and at every step on the staircase, but had understood they had nothing left to lose and had boldly set up in the downstairs hall an ambush of half a dozen people with axes, hammers, pokers, or whatever else was at hand?... The Organs would very quickly have suffered a shortage of officers and transport and, notwithstanding all of Stalin's thirst, the cursed machine would have ground to a halt! If...if...We didn't love freedom enough. And even more – we had no awareness of the real situation.... We purely and simply deserved everything that happened afterward.” ― Aleksandr Solzhenitsyn

Quote Originally Posted by greenspj View Post
    We" don't need to know who the donors were because it's none of "we"'s business! I certainly would not want my name and donations release to whomever asked.

My first question to you are:
    1) Are you from CO?
    2) Are you a Local Coordinator?
    3) Have you completed the online Local Coordinator bootcamp?
    4) As a Local Coordinator who has completed the Local Coordinator online bootcamp, have you put the knowledge you've gained into action?
    Oh $#@!, you really came back for more? Sorry I missed it.

that was the worst thread bump in the histroy of thread bumps. jesus $#@!ing christ.

Isn't CFL a product/ continuation of Ron Pauls 2008 presidential run? I am curious to his thoughts on the matter? and why isnt this money being spent on our liberty candidates (schiff, rand, lawson...and heck Medina could have used it? CFaiL is damn right

"When men yield up the privilege of thinking, the last shadow of liberty quits the horizon."
    -Thomas Paine

"Every man gotta right to decide his own destiny"
    -Bob Marley

"In matters of style swim with the current; In matters of principle, stand like a rock."
    -Thomas Jefferson

Peace, love, and happiness.

Quote Originally Posted by Nate-ForLiberty View Post
    that was the worst thread bump in the histroy of thread bumps. jesus $#@!ing christ.
    How so? It is directly relevant to the discussion of C4L's merits and flaws. As one of the most read threads in the forum's history, it likely has a ton of subscribers, meaning the bump will get the word out about SRLC to a lot of people.

Quote Originally Posted by Don't Tread on Mike View Post
    Isn't CFL a product/ continuation of Ron Pauls 2008 presidential run? I am curious to his thoughts on the matter? and why isnt this money being spent on our liberty candidates (schiff, rand, lawson...and heck Medina could have used it? CFaiL is damn right
    You don't think Ron Paul Republican candidates benefited from a week of Ron Paul dominating the political headlines after CPAC? The benefits to the entire liberty movement will only grow exponentially with each successive straw poll that Ron Paul wins.

17. Remove this section of ads by registering.
    Holy... WTF happened? I missed this whole thread entirely.

Is there anywhere I can read a synopsis?

Edit: NM, I have as much of the story as I need.
    Last edited by amy31416; 03-20-2010 at 10:45 PM.

with hindsight, this $#@! is just funny.

what's changed? anything?

Page 32 of 32 FirstFirst ... 22303132