Page 1 of 32 12311 ... LastLast

Thread: CFL Spent $350,000 on a pro-war Colorado candidate

Exclamation CFL Spent $350,000 on a pro-war Colorado candidate

http://www.buckforcolorado.com/issues102k9.php

My son is a third year cadet at West Point. I'm very proud of my son's decision to serve his country. He understands the risks involved. He also understands there is a price for freedom in this country and he's willing to stand up and shoulder that burden. For so many of our brave men and women today, that means shouldering the burden in Iraq and Afghanistan.

We definitely need to continue a major effort in Afghanistan. We are told this effort will take at least 10 years. It will require both military and civilian personnel to help build up the country. The generals on the ground tell us we are likely to be in Afghanistan for the long term with a difficult and complicated mission.

As Colorado's Senator I will always look first to the advice of the generals, and I will strongly support the mission of our troops who are in harm's way.
    A group called Campaign for Liberty is spending almost $350,000 on ads touting Ken Buck’s GOP Senate campaign.
    http://blogs.denverpost.com/thespot/...for-ken-bucks/

WTF? That's where my money is going?
    "That's one thing about freedom; you have to tolerate the nonsense too." - Ron Paul

2. Remove this section of ads by registering.
    You gotta be kidding me.

Edit: Confirmed
    Last edited by brandon; 01-27-2010 at 04:06 PM.

Is this our CFL? Our CFL can't endorse or spend money on candidates.

The following note is from Ronnie Paul, chairman of C4L's Board of Directors:
    Dear C4L Member,

Last week, Campaign for Liberty bought airtime in Colorado as part of our candidate survey program. Our purpose was to get candidates for office on the record about their position on issues like undeclared war, abolishing the IRS, supporting competing currencies and rescinding the Patriot Act.

Our intentions were good, but we made mistakes. We had poor communication with you about the program and the messaging of the commercial did not fit with C4L's principles. Many of you have spoken out and offered constructive criticism. We have learned some important lessons, and will be stronger as a result. We will implement checks and balances to prevent anything like this from happening again.

A small but vocal minority has decided to wage cruel and vicious personal attacks against our president, John Tate. This is unfortunate. John is a kind and decent family man who has worked unbelievably hard and has always tried to do the right thing. There should be no place for this in our movement and simply wastes the time and energy we should be using to fight for Liberty.

Looking at the big picture, C4L has achieved tremendous success over the past year. We have been instrumental in passing Audit the Fed in the House. We have trained thousands of activists so they have the tools to win. We have set up independent state chapters across the country. And, our numbers have grown to over a quarter million strong, forming a grassroots army to take our freedoms back. Our successes greatly outweigh our mistakes, and we WILL stay the course.

C4L is playing a leading role in the Liberty Movement. I am convinced that our efforts, along with those of many others, will continue the Ron Paul Revolution. C4L's successes are many, and as we progress into our second year, I see many more ahead. We deeply appreciate your support.

In Liberty,

Ronnie Paul

Chairman of the Board
    Last edited by MRoCkEd; 02-09-2010 at 01:09 PM.

edit: big misunderstanding
    Last edited by MRoCkEd; 02-09-2010 at 01:09 PM.

10. Remove this section of ads by registering.
    So I did a google search for "candidate surveys" in the CFL website.

http://www.google.com/search?hl=en&s...&aql=&aqi=&oq=

Not sure who would authorize dropping 350k to promote some surveys over the boob tube. However, there doesn't seem to be much buzz about the survey's at the website.

This doesn't even look like a local Colorado group, its coming from national. And if giving a candidate media praise and spending over a third of a million on the ad isn't a tacit endorsement...

sheesh. Why not drop that cash on Rand's campaign or any of the other liberty polls out there. I don't get it. Also, why not run a fundraiser for this instead of pulling it out of the "old money coffers" aka Tea Party (the real one) or Vendetta (remember remember the 5th of Nov.) money bombs.

eesshhh.. this sounds like a stretch to me.
    Last edited by newbitech; 01-27-2010 at 02:56 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by MRoCkEd View Post
    They are promoting "the survey", using Buck as motivation for other candidates to sign it.
    I want to know why they didn't do this with one of our liberty candidates though?

Well is this survey online? Cause I am sure it would be nice if the CFL "leaked" this survey to the grassroots we'd be able to generate more of a buzz than endorsing "unelectable candidates".

I mean hell, I have already looked up this candidate, that's gonna get him PR and more exposure. That is the ancillary benefit for the candidate and I understand that, but with out more circulation of the idea of these candidate surveys, I see the potential of hooking other pols as being stunted.

Hell, national money was spent, why not make a national effort?

Looks like CFL has gone the way of the tea parties.

RIP CFL.

I would like a strategy explanation from C4L before making judgment on this

I demand transparency from C4L!

yeah no doubt there has to be something behind this other than we are promoting our surveys.

Does it matter? Do the ends justify the means? Is spending $350,000 of donated money on promoting a pro-war neocon really something you could consider being okay?

They should have "promoted their surveys" in Kentucky with Rand Paul.
    Definition of political insanity: Voting for the same people expecting different results.

19. Remove this section of ads by registering.
    C4L National has lost touch with the grassroots

Looks like I will be dropping from C4L

I don't know if this guy is a neoconservative, but he's wrong on the Afghanistan conflict.

I'm at a loss for words that 1) Campaign for Liberty has $350,000 to burn on ads 2) John Tate sent an email a few weeks ago saying he'd have to make "tough budget decisions" because they were running on E.

wtf?
    "Your mother's dead, before long I'll be dead, and you...and your brother and your sister and all of her children, all of us dead, all of us..rotting in the ground. It's the family name that lives on. It's all that lives on. Not your personal glory, not your honor, but family." - Tywin Lannister

C4L fail. Yeah, let's not support Schiff, Adam, RJ, Jake, or any other libertarians, but lets throw money at a FREAKING NEO-CON. Are you kidding me. DIAF C4L.
    School of Salamanca - School of Austrian Economics - Liberty, Private Property, Free-Markets, Voluntaryist, Agorist. le monde va de lui même

"No man hath power over my rights and liberties, and I over no mans [sic]."

What, sir, is the use of a militia? It is to prevent the establishment of a standing army, the bane of liberty.

www.mises.org
    www.antiwar.com
    An Arrow Against all Tyrants - Richard Overton vis. 1646 (Required reading!)

In addition to being a war-mongering neocon that wants to continue a major effort in afghanistan for at least 10 more years, this Buck fellow used to be a DA and prosecuted a landmark hate crimes case.

So The CFL are officially blowing almost their entire budget to support a Neocon "Thought-Crime" prosecutor that none of us have ever even heard of.

Absolutely f**cking outrageous. I regret donating several times to the CFL and never will again.

That's a lot of money/donations.

CFaiL

This guy used to work for Dick Cheney and is only at 15% in the primary.

28. Remove this section of ads by registering.
    Is this supposed to be some sort of early April fools joke? Not funny at all.

The Federal Reserve is more transparent than the CFL.

Sucky week for me. AJ goes off on his own supporters and now this. I know we want to "win over republicans" but that doesn't mean sending money to support war hawks. Adam Kokesh could have used that money. So could RJ Harris or Peter Schiff. (Rand's in good shape right now). How about an ad buy for Debra Medina?
    9/11 Thermate experiments

Winston Churchhill on why the U.S. should have stayed OUT of World War I

"I am so %^&*^ sick of this cult of Ron Paul. The Paulites. What is with these %^&*^ people? Why are there so many of them?" YouTube rant by "TheAmazingAtheist"

"We as a country have lost faith and confidence in freedom." -- Ron Paul

"It can be a challenge to follow the pronouncements of President Trump, as he often seems to change his position on any number of items from week to week, or from day to day, or even from minute to minute." -- Ron Paul
    Quote Originally Posted by Brian4Liberty View Post
    The road to hell is paved with good intentions. No need to make it a superhighway.
    Quote Originally Posted by osan View Post
    The only way I see Trump as likely to affect any real change would be through martial law, and that has zero chances of success without strong buy-in by the JCS at the very minimum.

I can understand the dirty tit-for-tat $5,000 PAC donations that people trade back and forth, but (@#$@##@...$350,000!?!?!?!?!?!
    "Your mother's dead, before long I'll be dead, and you...and your brother and your sister and all of her children, all of us dead, all of us..rotting in the ground. It's the family name that lives on. It's all that lives on. Not your personal glory, not your honor, but family." - Tywin Lannister

Quote Originally Posted by Cowlesy View Post
    I can understand the dirty tit-for-tat $5,000 PAC donations that people trade back and forth, but (@#$@##@...$350,000!?!?!?!?!?!
    I'm really waiting for clarification on this. Hopefully the number was wrong.

As an EX- state coordinator for the C4L, I cannot imagine that this
    ad campaign is what it looks like it is.....

They are always pounding the "no supporting candidates" drum.

Just sayin....we need more info, but if this is true...................
    Liberty, of course, has her price in blood, if we do not suppport her when she is in trouble.

Page 1 of 32 12311 ... LastLast