Thread: Ron Paul and Credibility

Ron Paul and Credibility

http://letlibertyring.blogspot.com/2...t-liberty.html

I'm sure some of you have heard about the email Paul sent out about Lamar Smith..... not exactly an endorsement but it's stuff like this the mainstream media will jump on to take away RP's credibility.
    The things that matter in this country have been reduced in choice..... there are two political parties, there are a handful of insurance companies, six or seven information sources, BUT IF YOU WANT A BAGEL there are 23 flavors!
    ~George Carlin

This account has been hijacked by several sovereign citizen extremist groups.

Quote Originally Posted by denison View Post
    If they government ran off of profit it would be more effect and could deliver good service.

2. Remove this section of ads by registering.
    You have it backwards, by Ron Paul sending out the email it makes him look more credible in their eyes so they wont say anything about it.

The media is bizarro world.

This isn't really anything new and it makes sense.

In order to be recognized by the Republican caucus in Congress, Ron can't be independent in everything he does. If he was, they'd kick him out, he'd lose re-election, and we wouldn't see him in office again.

Endorsing someone like Alexander is part of the deal Ron has... Ron is free to vote however he wants on the ACTUALLY important stuff (bills), but if he wants to be a Republican member of Congress with committee assignments, then he has to do a few things...

1. Vote with the Republicans on all procedural issues
    2. Endorse fellow Republicans
    3. Do not endorse against Republican incumbents

This shouldn't surprise anybody... if you go to Congress and don't do ANYTHING to support your party, then you're going to be thrown out and have no chance of winning 11 terms.
    I ignore the fact that RP's take back the GOP strategy is working. I ignore the fact that RP accomplished more from his 2008 GOP run than he ever has before. I ignore the fact that 3rd party candidates lose and are a joke to voters. I ignore all this b/c I have an arousing fantasy where RP runs 3rd party in 2012, magically polls at 15%, magically is allowed in the debates, and then magically wins the election. Trust me, it'll work this time.
    - The naive attitude of too many RPF members

Just think about it this way...Ron Paul is so powerful that he is being pressured to endorse people...

They understand now.
    Definition of political insanity: Voting for the same people expecting different results.

useless tools of the enemy is the best way to describe those people.

I don't think Ron Paul is bad for endorsing Lamar Smith or uncredible. However I don't understand the apologists who completely ignore it. He did something wrong and he should apologize for it IMO.

Quote Originally Posted by Vessol View Post
    I don't think Ron Paul is bad for endorsing Lamar Smith or uncredible. However I don't understand the apologists who completely ignore it. He did something wrong and he should apologize for it IMO.
    He's already explained his reasoning.
    Definition of political insanity: Voting for the same people expecting different results.

Quote Originally Posted by Elwar View Post
    He's already explained his reasoning.
    And I've heard it and disagree with it. I believe he should rescind his support of Lamar Smith and apologize.

Do I look at Ron Paul negatively after it? No. I still think he is still one of the best candidates for liberty out there. No man is perfect, especially not politicians.

I however will not become an apologetic like some and accept a reasoning just because he's Ron Paul and he's awesome. Politicians should be held up for what they do, all politicians, even Ron Paul.

10. Remove this section of ads by registering.
    Quote Originally Posted by ARealConservative View Post
    useless tools of the enemy is the best way to describe those people.
    the useless tools of the enemy are those who vote for them.
    these guys who come up with these conspiracies against liberty have a vested interest in the current corrupt system. they are the guilty party.
    They are the Ba'athist of the USA.
    rewritten history with armies of their crooks - invented memories, did burn all the books... Mark Knopfler