Thread: Precinct Committeeman?

Precinct Committeeman?

Ok, I was my precinct chair in Texas before I moved here.

What are the steps in Florida to become your precinct chair?

I did a quick search and didn't see anyone on the ballot in 2008 for my precinct (Precinct 13) in Pasco county. So, I'm assuming that maybe nobody ran?

Do they do precinct elections in off year elections?
    Definition of political insanity: Voting for the same people expecting different results.

2. Remove this section of ads by registering.
    You need to go to the local REC meeting. If there is a vacancy they will swear you in. Pasco is not Ron Paul friendly though... so have fun with that
    Central Florida Politics

My comments are my own and do not reflect a candidate or a group.

Quote Originally Posted by heath.whiteaker View Post
    You need to go to the local REC meeting. If there is a vacancy they will swear you in. Pasco is not Ron Paul friendly though... so have fun with that
    Thanks for the heads up.

Ya, I saw the stuff that happened in Pasco during the election...looks like the good ol' boy system is alive and well here.
    Definition of political insanity: Voting for the same people expecting different results.

Precinct committeeman

Quote Originally Posted by Elwar View Post
    Thanks for the heads up...Ya, I saw the stuff that happened in Pasco during the election...looks like the good ol' boy system is alive and well here.
    You should contact the Pasco REC Chairman, Randy Maggard, 352-567-6224, and state that you would like to become a PC in your precinct. They will provide you an application and a loyalty oath to sign and get notarized, and you will submit that to the REC Secretary, who works in the West Pasco Government Building I believe. Then, at a subsequent meeting, where you'll need to be present, the REC membership will vote you in, hopefully. You could also come to a meeting and get the forms, to start, from the REC Secretary.

In the four year election cycle, you sign up with the Super of Elections, file your loyalty oath with the party, and get elected by the Repubs in your precinct, if there is more than one person seeking the position.

I would avoid mentioning that you were a RP supporter, as it's likely you'll be promptly stonewalled as a result, barred, in fact.

Send me a PM with personal contact data, if you like, and I'll try to help you through the process.