Thread: Fall of the Republic With Alan Watt

2. Remove this section of ads by registering.
    I really like Alan Watt.. he has a great perspective on the culture industry.

Quote Originally Posted by ENDG4M3 View Post
    I really like Alan Watt.. he has a great perspective on the culture industry.
    He's a fascinating personality. Have you visited his website - chockful of (eek!) conspiracy info.
    I have sworn upon the altar of God eternal hostility against every form of tyranny over the mind of man.
    ~Thomas Jefferson

It sounds very interesting but I rather not get involved in such questions. This is not a productive use of time.
    Quote Originally Posted by Cowlesy View Post
    Americans in general are jedi masters of blaming every other person.

Quote Originally Posted by silverhandorder View Post
    It sounds very interesting but I rather not get involved in such questions. This is not a productive use of time.
    To me, it is a simply a search for truth, that being my highest priority.
    I have sworn upon the altar of God eternal hostility against every form of tyranny over the mind of man.
    ~Thomas Jefferson

~Thomas Jefferson

Another Alex Jones radical.
    yaya

10. Remove this section of ads by registering.

Quote Originally Posted by ScoutsHonor View Post
    He's a fascinating personality.
    I'd beg to differ there. He has the personality of Hal.

Quote Originally Posted by InterestedParticipant View Post
    Be careful!
    of what, opening Pandora's Box?
    "I have never let my schooling interfere with my education." - Mark Twain

"Suppose you were an idiot. And suppose you were a member of Congress. But I repeat myself."
    - Mark Twain

"I'm Ron Paul, I'm a Congressman from Texas serving in my tenth term, I am the champion of the Constitution." 05/03/07 - revolution restarts

I'd beg to differ there. He has the personality of Hal.

haha,
    don't you like that Scottish brogue?
    ~Thomas Jefferson

Quote Originally Posted by interestedparticipant View Post
    Ouch!
    ~Thomas Jefferson

he's obviously cointelpro. right guys?
    He created some worthwhile blurbs in 2006/7 that identifies persons and areas of further research (ie. Like Theodor Adorno). But the show is an NLP mind field designed to either send listener to the hills, or to bury their heads in the sand.

Quote Originally Posted by purplechoe View Post
    of what, opening Pandora's Box?
    Be careful that you don't get sucked-in and end up feeling helpless in utter and total depression, because that's where he'll take you - GUARANTEED.
    Last edited by InterestedParticipant; 01-12-2010 at 04:37 PM.

* * * Saboteurs and Dupes are on my Ignore List. My non-response means they're included. * * *

email me anonymously

19. Remove this section of ads by registering.
    He created some worthwhile blurbs in 2006/7 that identifies persons and areas of further research (ie. Like Theodor Adorno). But the show is an NLP mind field designed to either send listener to the hills, or to bury their heads in the sand.

Be careful that you don't get sucked-in and end up feeling helpless in utter and total depression, because that's where he'll take you - GUARANTEED.
    The guy opened up my eyes like no other. I don't listen to his show because I would be depressed as you say, but from the studying the subject for over 10 years I can say that the guy is 100% correct. The reason I love this guy is because my interest in ancient history and I've learned a lot from him on the subject.

I have the same problem with Alan that I do with Alex Jones, it's their delivery of the subject matter.

Check out republicbroadcasting.org for a great radio network. I suggest THE NATIONAL INTEL REPORT with John Stadtmiller daily from 4-6 pm central following with THE FLIP SIDE with Robby Noel 6-7 pm central, which is followed by Alan Watts show.
    "I have never let my schooling interfere with my education." - Mark Twain

"Suppose you were an idiot. And suppose you were a member of Congress. But I repeat myself."
    - Mark Twain

"I'm Ron Paul, I'm a Congressman from Texas serving in my tenth term, I am the champion of the Constitution." 05/03/07 - revolution restarts

I think you are making some incorrect assumptions based on listener shortcomings.

As for me, I am not depressed or moving to the Caribbean. I find what he says interesting and insightful. I like to hear a variety of perspectives on reality. No one person or persons can truly control it, for me anyway.

In summary, my primary problem with Watt is that he provides very low quality and incomplete information that leads his listeners down a dead end road, toward helplessness, possible depression, and more magical thinking (ie. the Masons run the world). In general, he does not steer his listeners in directions that will allow them to attain critical consciousness, ultimately thinking for themselves. I view him as someone who creates an endless dependency for the audience on the cult personality.

But I think the kicker is when one comes to understand what it is that Watt actually believes, or says that he believes, and that is the "writings" of Glenn Kealey, who supposedly published these beliefs in a newspaper bulletin years before Watt began his talk show career.

Here's a reasonably extensive document that shows that Watt got (or stole) some of his material form Kealey, and what the beliefs are that are being espoused by Watt, including the notion that "Freemasons are 'freed slaves'of a race of subterranean secret creators of our civilization called Troglodytes."

http://www.docstoc.com/docs/22202131...nd-Glen-Kealey

* * * Saboteurs and Dupes are on my Ignore List. My non-response means they're included. * * *

email me anonymously

In summary, my primary problem with Watt is that he provides very low quality and incomplete information that leads his listeners down a dead end road, toward helplessness, possible depression, and more magical thinking (ie. the Masons run the world). In general, he does not steer his listeners in directions that will allow them to attain critical consciousness, ultimately thinking for themselves. I view him as someone who creates an endless dependency for the audience on the cult personality.

But I think the kicker is when one comes to understand what it is that Watt actually believes, or says that he believes, and that is the "writings" of Glenn Kealey, who supposedly published these beliefs in a newspaper bulletin years before Watt began his talk show career.

Here's a reasonably extensive document that shows that Watt got (or stole) some of his material form Kealey, and what the beliefs are that are being espoused by Watt, including the notion that "Freemasons are 'freed slaves'of a race of subterranean secret creators of our civilization called Troglodytes."

http://www.docstoc.com/docs/22202131...nd-Glen-Kealey
    I agree, oftentimes he does not cite any sources and make sweeping claims using circumstantial evidence as proof. it does feel very dead end.

Alan Watt can be kooky at times but he does have interesting perspectives on trends like the trend to make us androgynous/eliminate male/female distinctions in society EXCEPT, of course, for the elites.

Last edited by Son_of_Liberty90; 10-31-2016 at 08:06 AM.