Thread: How much did Billy borrow this quarter?

How much did Billy borrow this quarter?

What was he, over $30,000 in debt last quarter?

Predictions this quarter?

I bet he is moving toward $75,000 in the hole!

How can he hold a straight face when he says he is a fiscal conservative? He obviously believes in running deficits.

2. Remove this section of ads by registering.
    I would say $75k is pretty low

I was out of town at the time, but apparently he bought a local ESPN commercial for the Music City Bowl. That stated he also attended quite a few GOP fundraising events which required him to make contributions as a candidate. Since it cost him $30k to use the same self-printed newspaper for 2-3 months I would say that it is feasible that he is between $120-200k if not worse.

I find it hard to believe that he hasn't gained more support and donors, but everything seems to contradict the very notion that he has any substantial quantity of supporters.

Of course if the rumors that he is an attempt to steal "conservative" votes from Rand are true, then he may be sitting on a small war chest now courtesy of McConnell.

Quote Originally Posted by Thargok View Post
    Of course if the rumors that he is an attempt to steal "conservative" votes from Rand are true, then he may be sitting on a small war chest now courtesy of McConnell.
    Yeah, he only attacks Rand Paul and never Grayson. I've seen about eight different attacks from Johnson against Paul between August and today, and never anything against Grayson. Not even once.

I thought maybe he was just attacking Paul because Paul gets media attention so he thinks attacking him is more likely to get him attention than attacking Grayson. But now, more and more, I'm thinking he is just a useful stooge courtesy of the Grayson campaign.

I would say that it is feasible that he is between $120-200k if not worse.
    I saw over a month ago on Johnson's twitter that he claimed to have $100,000 on hand. Considering that he raised only $7,801 from people other than himself between May and the end of the third quarter on September 30th, it's certain a lot of that is a campaign loan.

Wonder how much money he will flush down the toilet just to get 4% or so on May 18th before his wife says "enough".
    Last edited by RonPaulFanInGA; 12-29-2009 at 11:47 PM.

Bill Johnson is probably trying to get on the "in" with McConnell and the gang.

If he can attack Rand for the entire campaign, and help them, well then they might help him win some government job later on down the road. Maybe a congressional seat if he's lucky.

Quote Originally Posted by RonPaulFanInGA View Post
    before his wife says "enough".
    Yes, I would assume this is coming out of his kids' college fund.

Question

Quote Originally Posted by Thargok View Post
    I was out of town at the time, but apparently he bought a local ESPN commercial for the Music City Bowl.
    Considering all the money Rand Paul has raised, how could he let broke-Bill get on television before him?

Considering all the money Rand Paul has raised, how could he let broke-Bill get on television before him?
    I think this is a strategic move by the Paul campaign, right now it is just not worth spending money on when Grayson still has a war chest, particularly in what is still a non-election year. Not to mention that Fox News is paying for all the advertising the campaign could want right now.

The commercial is simply an act of desperation by Bill Johnson in that he isn't getting media coverage, polling or fundraising.

Bill Johnson needs a lot of people emailing him and asking him to switch to a Congressional race. Say that you like what he has to say, but Rand is the more viable of the conservatives in the race, and you would support Bill if he moved to a lesser race. If enough of us do that, there's a chance he'll take us up on the offer of support pending a race switch.

10. Remove this section of ads by registering.
    There's a good chance that this guy will drop out and endorse Trey Grayson soon.

I think it depends on how much longer he can remain relevant as Grayson's hitman\plummer again Paul.

Quote Originally Posted by Agorism View Post
    There's a good chance that this guy will drop out and endorse Trey Grayson soon.

I think it depends on how much longer he can remain relevant as Grayson's hitman\plummer again Paul.
    The guy just filed his paperwork to run, there is no way he is dropping out.

Billy has no chance, but I like this Lisa attack blogger he has hired, she is viscous Christian attack hound.

To run for office successfully, you have to usually run a good campaign previously, whether you win or not (unless you have great grassroot supports). If I had to guess, it would be that Mr. Johnson is doing all this and spending all that money in order to set himself up for a statewide run in 2011. Remember that Richie Farmer is term-limited and cannot run for Agriculture Commissioner again. I expect Mr. Johnson will try for that or some other position.

Quote Originally Posted by ljwestmcsd View Post
    To run for office successfully, you have to usually run a good campaign previously, whether you win or not (unless you have great grassroot supports). If I had to guess, it would be that Mr. Johnson is doing all this and spending all that money in order to set himself up for a statewide run in 2011. Remember that Richie Farmer is term-limited and cannot run for Agriculture Commissioner again. I expect Mr. Johnson will try for that or some other position.
    How is inevitably getting slaughtered in a GOP primary going to make you a more appealing candidate the next go-around?

How is inevitably getting slaughtered in a GOP primary going to make you a more appealing candidate the next go-around?
    Two words: Name recognition.
    Especially important if your name is Bill Johnson.

Wow, he exceeds all expectations and goes in the red for 1/4 million.

Fiscal conservative?