Thread: Arrowhead sent me their water testing data sheet... Which minerals are good?

Question Arrowhead sent me their water testing data sheet... Which minerals are good?

Here it is (PDF)

http://nestle-consumerservices.casup...om/ewarahd.pdf

So, my question is....

The distilled water is obviously the cleanest water...

However, someone asked me "what about all those minerals? don't we want those in our diet?"

I responded saying that we probably get those from our food but I really don't know, anyone done some research on this before?

2. Remove this section of ads by registering.

I noticed they don't provide what kind of fluoride is found in their water. As I understand it, there are certain fluorides that are not dangerous to health and others that are.

I had my well water tested a while back and the report came back that it had fluoride in it, but it was supposedly the kind that is naturally found in well water and not dangerous to health.

Quote Originally Posted by Dr.3D View Post
    I noticed they don't provide what kind of fluoride is found in their water. As I understand it, there are certain fluorides that are not dangerous to health and others that are.

I had my well water tested a while back and the report came back that it had fluoride in it, but it was supposedly the kind that is naturally found in well water and not dangerous to health.
    yes, I believe its called Calcium Fluoride as opposed to the toxic Sodium Fluoride..

and I would say that much of the commercially produced food is devoid of minerals and have considerably less ratios of vitamins.
    The ultimate minority is the individual. Protect the individual from Democracy and you will protect all groups of individuals
    Rightful liberty is unobstructed action according to our will within limits drawn around us by the equal rights of others. I do not add 'within the limits of the law' because law is often but the tyrant's will, and always so when it violates the rights of the individual. - Thomas Jefferson
    I must not fear. Fear is the mind-killer. Fear is the little-death that brings total obliteration. I will face my fear. I will permit it to pass over me and through me. And when it has gone past I will turn the inner eye to see its path. Where the fear has gone there will be nothing. Only I will remain.

- Bene Gesserit Litany Against Fear

Myself, I would prefer to buy my mineral supplements separately and use them as needed in my diet. If they are already in my water, I may find I am getting more of some and less of the others I require in my diet.

To me, water should be just what it says on the label, "WATER" - H2O. Anything that isn't water should be left out of it and then I know exactly what I have in the bottle. I can always add my own mineral supplements as needed.

Quote Originally Posted by Dr.3D View Post
    Myself, I would prefer to buy my mineral supplements separately and use them as needed in my diet. If they are already in my water, I may find I am getting more of some and less of the others I require in my diet.

To me, water should be just what it says on the label, "WATER" - H2O. Anything that isn't water should be left out of it and then I know exactly what I have in the bottle. I can always add my own mineral supplements as needed.
    agreed.. plus if you rely on things with an imbalance of minerals it will deplete you of some vital minerals.. for example if your diet has alot of calcium but no magnesium not only can you not use the calcium correctly but it also depletes what magnesium you have.. because the levels of both minerals are related..

that is why its good to take products that have both like say if you wanted a good natural calcium and magnesium supplement you could take a couple spoonfuls of molasses each day which has a balanced level of both.
    The ultimate minority is the individual. Protect the individual from Democracy and you will protect all groups of individuals
    Rightful liberty is unobstructed action according to our will within limits drawn around us by the equal rights of others. I do not add 'within the limits of the law' because law is often but the tyrant's will, and always so when it violates the rights of the individual. - Thomas Jefferson
    I must not fear. Fear is the mind-killer. Fear is the little-death that brings total obliteration. I will face my fear. I will permit it to pass over me and through me. And when it has gone past I will turn the inner eye to see its path. Where the fear has gone there will be nothing. Only I will remain.

- Bene Gesserit Litany Against Fear