Thread: Help buying silver

Help buying silver

Hey guys,

I am convinced the economy is going to collapse in the next few months on a sinking dollar, terrible holiday sales, housing bailout, and possibly the breaking of the dollar-oil agreements.

That said... Im looking to buy a liquid currency that will keep its value and will be easily bartered with.

After much research I am heavily leaning to junk silver, 1964 and later US Silver coins. This would be my first time buying a metals... so... i think its an easy way to get into the market.

Does anyone have any advice, or know a good place to buy bags of junk silver?
    "Gentlemen, I have had men watching you for a long time and I am convinced that you have used the funds of the bank to speculate in the breadstuffs of the country. When you won, you divided the profits amongst you, and when you lost, you charged it to the bank...You are a den of vipers and thieves. I intend to rout you out, and by the grace of the Eternal God, will rout you out."- Andrew Jackson (The Guy on the 20)

www.micahnelson.com

2. Remove this section of ads by registering.
    Quote Originally Posted by micahnelson View Post
    Hey guys,

I am convinced the economy is going to collapse in the next few months on a sinking dollar, terrible holiday sales, housing bailout, and possibly the breaking of the dollar-oil agreements.
    Don't be so sure. Back a cat up into a corner and it will fight more vigorously than ever. It won't all collapse immediately, but it will eventually.

I am in retail sales, the holiday season is going to be strong. The only thing that can destroy our economy is a banking collapse, this could be caused by a housing collapse, but even a housing collapse will be local, not national.

--Dustan

http://www.apmex.com/ sells the bags you are looking for.
    "We revere the Native American tradition of making choices based on what's best for the coming seven generations. And then we support more gun control, the one thing that made all the genocides and massacres of civilians throughout history possible." - Richard Roberts

Quote Originally Posted by Dustancostine View Post
    I am in retail sales, the holiday season is going to be strong. The only thing that can destroy our economy is a banking collapse, this could be caused by a housing collapse, but even a housing collapse will be local, not national.

--Dustan
    How about several local housing collapses, bailed out by the fed, devaluing the currency internationally? I don't want to be pessimistic, but I also don't want to be sitting on a pile of paper.
    "Gentlemen, I have had men watching you for a long time and I am convinced that you have used the funds of the bank to speculate in the breadstuffs of the country. When you won, you divided the profits amongst you, and when you lost, you charged it to the bank...You are a den of vipers and thieves. I intend to rout you out, and by the grace of the Eternal God, will rout you out."- Andrew Jackson (The Guy on the 20)

www.micahnelson.com

Quote Originally Posted by nexalacer View Post
    http://www.apmex.com/ sells the bags you are looking for.
    thanks =)

www.micahnelson.com

i think most refiner sites have them? also ebay, bulliondirect.com

How about several local housing collapses, bailed out by the fed, devaluing the currency internationally? I don't want to be pessimistic, but I also don't want to be sitting on a pile of paper.
    Have no doubt that you will be proven right about the collapse of our fiat at some point in the future. I just doubt that it will be now.

10. Remove this section of ads by registering.
    Hey guys,

That said... Im looking to buy a liquid currency that will keep its value and will be easily bartered with.

After much research I am heavily leaning to junk silver, 1964 and later US Silver coins. This would be my first time buying a metals... so... i think its an easy way to get into the market.

Does anyone have any advice, or know a good place to buy bags of junk silver?
    Perhaps you should have left that first sentence out...so we can get on to the main question of the thread.

I wish I could help you, but I don't know much.
    Unfortunately, you just missed registration on http://goldismoney.info/forums/ this month (you can register during the 1st three days of each month). The site is run by G-Khan (a RP supporter on this forum).

I'm interested in getting Micah's question answered (and just hope/assume that the economy has more than just a few months left).
    Amendment I.
    Congress shall make no law respecting an establishment of religion, or prohibiting the free exercise thereof; or abridging the freedom of speech, or of the press, or the right of the people peaceably to assemble, and to petition the Government for a redress of grievances.

Amendment II.
    A well regulated Militia, being necessary to the security of a free State, the right of the people to keep and bear Arms, shall not be infringed.

Quote Originally Posted by richard1984 View Post
    Perhaps you should have left that first sentence out...so we can get on to the main question of the thread.

I wish I could help you, but I don't know much.
    Unfortunately, you just missed registration on http://goldismoney.info/forums/ this month (you can register during the 1st three days of each month). The site is run by G-Khan (a RP supporter on this forum).

I'm interested in getting Micah's question answered (and just hope/assume that the economy has more than just a few months left).
    youre probably right, lol.

I stated that because I wanted people to understand that I wanted Junk Silver for its liquidity/value as a bartering tool.

www.micahnelson.com

APMEX is great, but shipping on junk silver can be prohibitively expensive.

Perhaps a local coin dealer would be cheaper, once shipping is considered as a factor.

In other words, be sure to shop around.