Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast

Thread: Obama gave INTERPOL immunity from the Constitution on Dec 16! IMPORTANT

Quote Originally Posted by InterestedParticipant View Post
    They are losing control.

Otherwise, they would not resort to such extreme measures. They know they cannot win using violence.

This is a sign of weakness.
    Good observation.

2. Remove this section of ads by registering.
    Quote Originally Posted by Danke View Post
    So you are reporting that you have taxable income to the state, but at the same time you are denying that you have taxable income to the Feds?
    No Danke. I'm reporting my income to the state. I'm going to pay my taxes to them.

I'm not going to even acknowledge the fed.

Dichotomy to some? I suppose.

4. Remove this section of ads by registering.
    Quote Originally Posted by phill4paul View Post
    No Danke. I'm reporting my income to the state. I'm going to pay my taxes to them.

I'm not going to even acknowledge the fed.

Dichotomy to some? I suppose.
    You know the state revenue departments work hand in hand with the Feds, right?
    Pfizer Macht Frei!

Openly Straight Man, Danke, Awarded Top Rated Influencer. Community Standards Enforcer.

Quiz: Test Your "Income" Tax IQ!

Short Income Tax Video

The Income Tax Is An Excise, And Excise Taxes Are Privilege Taxes

The Federalist Papers, No. 15:

Except as to the rule of appointment, the United States have an indefinite discretion to make requisitions for men and money; but they have no authority to raise either by regulations extending to the individual citizens of America.

Soapbox Moment

Obama can do whatever he wants, since he is the god of his own universe and doesn't have anyone above him to answer to (no God, no laws written down on paper). Those of you in this thread who don't believe in God but are complaining against what he's done are not being consistent with your worldview.

/rant
    "Then David said to the Philistine, 'You come to me with a sword, a spear, and a javelin, but I come to you in the name of Yahweh of hosts, the God of the battle lines of Israel, Whom you have reproached.'" - 1 Samuel 17:45

"May future generations look back on our work and say that these were men and women who, in moment of great crisis, stood up to their politicians, the opinion-makers, and the Establishment, and saved their country." - Dr. Ron Paul

You know the state revenue departments work hand in hand with the Feds, right?
    Yeppers!

Yeppers!
    Well, then prepare to do battle.

(it can be fun )
    Pfizer Macht Frei!

Openly Straight Man, Danke, Awarded Top Rated Influencer. Community Standards Enforcer.

Short Income Tax Video

Except as to the rule of appointment, the United States have an indefinite discretion to make requisitions for men and money; but they have no authority to raise either by regulations extending to the individual citizens of America.

Quote Originally Posted by Theocrat View Post
    Obama can do whatever he wants, since he is the god of his own universe and doesn't have anyone above him to answer to (no God, no laws written down on paper). Those of you in this thread who don't believe in God but are complaining against what he's done are not being consistent with your worldview.
    Thanks for that piece of $#@! self supporting observation.

You claimed you were leaving us. Could you please do do that? Please?

Well, then prepare to do battle.

(it can be fun )
    The line is far past drawn. There is NO correction excepting in states nullification.

I will not support the enemy any longer.

Good luck to me and $#@!. I'll see ya in the obituaries.

Just Stating the Obvious...

Thanks for that piece of $#@! self supporting observation.

You claimed you were leaving us. Could you please do do that? Please?
    Obama gave INTERPOL immunity from the Constitution (a piece of paper written by man). So what? It's just a piece of paper! As I said before, Obama can do what he wants as long as there are no objective standards or an absolute person above him to correct him otherwise. What? You don't like facing the implications of your own belief system? Just be consistent, and leave Obama alone.
    "Then David said to the Philistine, 'You come to me with a sword, a spear, and a javelin, but I come to you in the name of Yahweh of hosts, the God of the battle lines of Israel, Whom you have reproached.'" - 1 Samuel 17:45

"May future generations look back on our work and say that these were men and women who, in moment of great crisis, stood up to their politicians, the opinion-makers, and the Establishment, and saved their country." - Dr. Ron Paul

So you are here to stay. O.K. then.

Define the implications of my own belief system, please, in regards to this post.....

If you are capable, please leave aside the belief in a sky pilot, and contribute to this thread in a way that might allow non-believers to affect your personal goals. Unless, your goals are anti-liberty and freedom of choice.

13. Remove this section of ads by registering.
    Obama gave INTERPOL immunity from the Constitution (a piece of paper written by man). So what? It's just a piece of paper! As I said before, Obama can do what he wants as long as there are no objective standards or an absolute person above him to correct him otherwise. What? You don't like facing the implications of your own belief system? Just be consistent, and leave Obama alone.
    non-aggression principle

The Bottom Line

So you are here to stay. O.K. then.

Define the implications of my own belief system, please, in regards to this post.....

If you are capable, please leave aside the belief in a sky pilot, and contribute to this thread in a way that might allow non-believers to affect your personal goals. Unless, your goals are anti-liberty and freedom of choice.
    If there is no God, then there is no universal, invariant, and absolute foundation for morals, justice, and the need for law to be placed upon any man whatsoever. Such a belief leaves each person to do what is right (true, free, cool, etc.) in his own eyes.

In this particular thread, it has been shown that Obama has given an entity outside of U.S. jurisdiction a "free pass" to do as it pleases, even if it contradicts the U.S. Constitution. So, if it is true that God (the universal Creator, Giver, and Sustainer of our rights and privileges) does not exist, then it's quite natural and logical that Obama can do what he's done and not be at fault for it, given the standards that he has set for himself.

So, I don't see how any non-theist can have an issue of fault or accusal against Obama's actions. He's doing what he believes is right and just to bring freedom, not just to Americans, but to the global community. If you are really "pro-liberty" and for "freedom of choice," then why don't you respect Obama's liberty and free choices?

The NAP? And?

Quote Originally Posted by Met Income View Post
    non-aggression principle
    That just begs the question. Why should Obama subject himself to the Non-Aggression Principle, if his own morals and actions are based on his own free choice? The Non-Aggression Principle doesn't justify itself, after all. There are other ethical/social mores out there which can be equally as valid as the NAP, especially if there is no objective determining factor to judge one from the other. So, stop forcing your ethics on Obama, and let him do what he feels is best for the country and global community.

Please don't turn this into a religious thread. It's much too important of an issue to get bogged down with theological diatribes. We live under a rule of law established by the Constitution and the principles of freedom that it instilled in the citizens of this once great country. Obama is not above those principles, as hard as he and every other recent president tries.

As quickly as Theocrat dismisses the Constitution as just a piece of paper (hmm...where have I heard that before?), I dismiss Obama's EO as just a piece of paper too. The difference is who is more willing to stand up for the principles they believe in.
    "Let it not be said that we did nothing."-Ron Paul

"We have set them on the hobby-horse of an idea about the absorption of individuality by the symbolic unit of COLLECTIVISM. They have never yet and they never will have the sense to reflect that this hobby-horse is a manifest violation of the most important law of nature, which has established from the very creation of the world one unit unlike another and precisely for the purpose of instituting individuality."- A Quote From Some Old Book

Agreed. Stop it Theo. Go on your way as you implied that you would. Please?

I don't understand what assumptions one is relying upon when they assume that Obama is in control of anything, let alone his thinking.

* * * Saboteurs and Dupes are on my Ignore List. My non-response means they're included. * * *

email me anonymously

What We See

Quote Originally Posted by devil21 View Post
    Please don't turn this into a religious thread. It's much too important of an issue to get bogged down with theological diatribes. We live under a rule of law established by the Constitution and the principles of freedom that it instilled in the citizens of this once great country. Obama is not above those principles, as hard as he and every other recent president tries.

As quickly as Theocrat dismisses the Constitution as just a piece of paper (hmm...where have I heard that before?), I dismiss Obama's EO as just a piece of paper too. The difference is who is more willing to stand up for the principles they believe in.
    It should be obvious to you that we no longer live under the "rule of law," especially when we have a President who disregards it at every jot of his pen. In any case, this issue is a theological one, and it's basic formulation is this: is man God, or is God God? If Obama grants immunities to organizations or people he deems fit for such privileges, who are any of us to complain against it (assuming there is no God above him)? He's making a choice for what he perceives as liberty, no matter what any document tells him, be it the Bible or the Constitution.

Just for the record, I don't dismiss the Constitution as just "a piece of paper." I only said that because non-theists make similar diatribes like that towards other documents which prescribe how man should live (i.e. the Bible), and I was showing how that same rationale can be used against the Constitution. But why not? If there are no such things as absolute truth or objective moral standards, then people have every whim to behave by what please them best.

You say the difference is a matter of "who is more willing to stand up for the principles he believes in," but the answer is obvious. Obama and his ilk are in control of things now, and they have indeed stood up for their principles and won. Yet, many people here seem to have a problem with that, especially those who hold to the view that men have the freedom to do what they want without any authority above them. It is to those people who I challenge to be consistent to their so-called liberty views, and let Obama be, even if it means he allows the INTERPOL to be exempt from the Constitution.

It should be obvious to you that we no longer live under the "rule of law," especially when we have a President who disregards it at every jot of his pen. In any case, this issue is a theological one, and it's basic formulation is this: is man God, or is God God? If Obama grants immunities to organizations or people he deems fit for such privileges, who are any of us to complain against it (assuming there is no God above him)? He's making a choice for what he perceives as liberty, no matter what any document tells him, be it the Bible or the Constitution.

Just for the record, I don't dismiss the Constitution as just "a piece of paper." I only said that because non-theists make similar diatribes like that towards other documents which prescribe how man should live (i.e. the Bible), and I was showing how that same rationale can be used against the Constitution. But why not? If there are no such things as absolute truth or objective moral standards, then people have every whim to behave by what please them best.

You say the difference is a matter of "who is more willing to stand up for the principles he believes in," but the answer is obvious. Obama and his ilk are in control of things now, and they have indeed stood up for their principles and won. Yet, many people here seem to have a problem with that, especially those who hold to the view that men have the freedom to do what they want without any authority above them. It is to those people who I challenge to be consistent to their so-called liberty views, and let Obama be, even if it means he allows the INTERPOL to be exempt from the Constitution.
    OK Theo.. I distinctly remember a post when you said you were leaving. What date is that again?

22. Remove this section of ads by registering.
    This thread has been linked all over the net so please, please, please keep it on topic. It has absolutely nothing to do with "God", since people can believe in freedom and sovereignty and not be religious. Please stop trying to hijack the thread Theocrat.

"We have set them on the hobby-horse of an idea about the absorption of individuality by the symbolic unit of COLLECTIVISM. They have never yet and they never will have the sense to reflect that this hobby-horse is a manifest violation of the most important law of nature, which has established from the very creation of the world one unit unlike another and precisely for the purpose of instituting individuality."- A Quote From Some Old Book

This thread has been linked all over the net so please, please, please keep it on topic. It has absolutely nothing to do with "God", since people can believe in freedom and sovereignty and not be religious. Please stop trying to hijack the thread Theocrat.
    Thank you.

LibForestPaul

If there is no God, then there is no universal, invariant, and absolute foundation for morals, justice, and the need for law to be placed upon any man whatsoever. Such a belief leaves each person to do what is right (true, free, cool, etc.) in his own eyes.

In this particular thread, it has been shown that Obama has given an entity outside of U.S. jurisdiction a "free pass" to do as it pleases, even if it contradicts the U.S. Constitution. So, if it is true that God (the universal Creator, Giver, and Sustainer of our rights and privileges) does not exist, then it's quite natural and logical that Obama can do what he's done and not be at fault for it, given the standards that he has set for himself.

So, I don't see how any non-theist can have an issue of fault or accusal against Obama's actions. He's doing what he believes is right and just to bring freedom, not just to Americans, but to the global community. If you are really "pro-liberty" and for "freedom of choice," then why don't you respect Obama's liberty and free choices?
    His liberty and free choices end when they affect my liberty?
    I do not need God to justify the liberties I am born with?
    Obama can not cede any free mans liberties?

So then what now is the course?

Because there is no longer a rule book to this game.
    No, there sure isn't.

The Rubicon has been crossed, the shark jumped, the cliff run off.

All bets are off now and any attempts at "monkey wrenching" will be dealt with harshly.

I know a couple, fairly good acquaintances, who are rotting in prison right now, for doing nothing more than selling Irwin Schiff's book, ten years ago.

That being said, I salute your courage in your course of action.
    Another mark of a tyrant is that he likes foreigners better than citizens, and lives with them and invites them to his table; for the one are enemies, but the Others enter into no rivalry with him. - Aristotle's Politics Book 5 Part 11

So then what now is the course?
    I wish I knew, brother. But people are awakening to what's taking place and things that seemed like crazy talk not long ago are quickly turning into stark reality. More and more are catching on, though sadly still the minority. I believe that "the course" will become very apparent and self evident when the time is right. That is my belief. It is what happened during the first revolution and I see no reason to think that human nature has changed so much in the last two hundred years. But the key continues to be to inform people of what's happening to their country and remind them of the freedoms their forefathers fought and died for. Those same freedoms that many people are letting slip away today with nary a blink or question. Unlike Theocrat, I do not think the battle is already lost. Not at all. Americans, by and large, are still coddled and have it much easier than most of the rest of the world. This coddling is what keeps them compliant and unaware of what's being set in motion around them. That is obviously changing though and more people will wake up as their "distractions" (the distractions that replaced their freedoms) disappear along with their freedoms.

Franklin's words about safety and freedom will become a common truism again soon enough.

It is indeed very interesting times we live in. Just do your part. One man can only do so much. It's like a successful sports team. No one plays thinking about the entire team on the field. They play their position to the best of their ability and as long as everyone is doing what they are supposed to do, the result is the team is successful. That is how it must be approached. And as RP reminds us, the young people is where the future is. Reaching the young people is very important. They will also be more receptive now that their "bubble upbringing" is ending.
    Last edited by devil21; 12-24-2009 at 01:06 AM.

I wish I knew, brother. But people are awakening to what's taking place and things that seemed like crazy talk not long ago are quickly turning into stark reality. More and more are catching on, though sadly still the minority. I believe that "the course" will become very apparent and self evident when the time is right. That is my belief. It is what happened during the first revolution and I see no reason to think that human nature has changed so much in the last two hundred years. But the key continues to be to inform people of what's happening to their country and remind them of the freedoms their forefathers fought and died for. Those same freedoms that many people are letting slip away today with nary a blink or question. Unlike Theocrat, I do not think the battle is already lost. Not at all. Americans, by and large, are still coddled and have it much easier than most of the rest of the world. This coddling is what keeps them compliant and unaware of what's being set in motion around them. That is obviously changing though and more people will wake up as their "distractions" (the distractions that replaced their freedoms) disappear along with their freedoms.

Franklin's words about safety and freedom will become a common truism again soon enough.

It is indeed very interesting times we live in. Just do your part. One man can only do so much.
    I agree. More and more people are receptive to what I have been telling them.

I certainly don't have all the answers and am learning new stuff everyday.

It is really a matrix.
    Pfizer Macht Frei!

Short Income Tax Video

See next post...
    Last edited by Volitzer; 12-24-2009 at 02:20 AM. Reason: Double post:

31. Remove this section of ads by registering.

Actually, this is not quite so. Consider this essay:

http://freedomisobvious.blogspot.com...s-freedom.html

As you can see, there actually is an invariant - human life. It is most safe to say, for example, that the vast and overwhelming majority of people in the USA (let us forget about the rest of the world for the sake of this exchange) do not wish to be murdered, robbed, raped, or beaten. We already have 4 elements of "the invariant", i.e., the standard by which proper action is defined and the limits of our prerogatives delimited.

In this particular thread, it has been shown that Obama has given an entity outside of U.S. jurisdiction a "free pass" to do as it pleases, even if it contradicts the U.S. Constitution.
    Which is suggestive of a traitor's treason, or at least an ignoramus' willingness to be directed by others, regardless of where it may lead. To the latter point, it is most often overlooked by even the likes of those found here to discover those behind the scenes. Without a concentrated effort at exposing, investigating, and possibly prosecuting and even executing such people and destroying the organizations to which they owe fealty and in whose interests they operate, no amount of cleansing effort will produce the desired result.

So, if it is true that God (the universal Creator, Giver, and Sustainer of our rights and privileges) does not exist, then it's quite natural and logical that Obama can do what he's done and not be at fault for it, given the standards that he has set for himself.[
    The existence of "God" is predicated wholly upon the definition. The argument of whether God exists is idiotic on its face when no definition of the term is given. Take my own point of view, for example: I do not believe God exists - I know God exists. The very fact that we exist proves to me beyond any reasonable doubt that God exists as well. This is a trivial point, however, because the question that makes the real difference in these metaphysical musings asks "what is the nature of God?" That is the lynch pin on which any such conversation turns. That is the question over which people have butchered one another for thousands of years and continue to do so today.

So, I don't see how any non-theist can have an issue of fault or accusal against Obama's actions.
    If you read the essay above, then the basis for issue becomes abundantly apparent.

He's doing what he believes is right and just to bring freedom, not just to Americans, but to the global community. If you are really "pro-liberty" and for "freedom of choice," then why don't you respect Obama's liberty and free choices?
    Your question reflects the all-too-common and wholesale misconception of what it means to be free. Freedom does not mean "anything goes". Freedom is bounded, and that is a very good thing for those metes and bounds act as the guide to the most fundamental aspects of proper behavior.

That just begs the question. Why should Obama subject himself to the Non-Aggression Principle, if his own morals and actions are based on his own free choice? The Non-Aggression Principle doesn't justify itself, after all. There are other ethical/social mores out there which can be equally as valid as the NAP, especially if there is no objective determining factor to judge one from the other. So, stop forcing your ethics on Obama, and let him do what he feels is best for the country and global community.

Obama has no moral basis for violating my rights, nor those of anyone else. I am a sovereign being, so Obama can screw off with his opinions, as can anyone else with notions of violating my space. You appear to be of the mind that your idea of "God" is necessary for proper action. I assure you that it is not only unnecessary, it is a most unsound way of approaching the matter. Put a million people in a room and I promise you that there will be at least 2 million definitions and opinions on what God is and what God wants. More like twenty million, but perhaps the point is made.

The only safe standard is life as viewed through the lens of the Golden Rule. Live. Let live. Don't want to be a ****? Don' be one, but leave that decision for each and every person to make for themselves. Believe as you choose to believe - God, no God, kitchen sink, whatever - and allow others to do so as well in the way that accords with the dictates of their respective consciences. This is the only sound approach. If a group wishes to live as socialists, let them. If they attempt to impose that life on you, shoot them. There is no excuse for violating the consensual choices of individuals as that or in groups so long as they do not infringe upon your choices. Live. Let live. It is the perfect formula for living.

It should be obvious to you that we no longer live under the "rule of law," especially when we have a President who disregards it at every jot of his pen.
    I think we got that one.

In any case, this issue is a theological one,
    It may be for you. For others it is not. Let it go.

and it's basic formulation is this: is man God, or is God God?
    I must assume you are a "man of faith". If so, you violate your status by speaking as if you knew the first thing about God. I seriously doubt that you do. Faith is just that: belief, and that is perfectly valid. But if you believe this or that about "God", you really should refrain from making any positive assertions about "God" that do not begin with "I believe" or "It is my opinion that". Anything other than this is claiming knowledge rather than expounding one's faith.

Just for the record, I don't dismiss the Constitution as just "a piece of paper." I only said that because non-theists make similar diatribes like that towards other documents which prescribe how man should live (i.e. the Bible),
    The bible is not the basis of our form of government.

and I was showing how that same rationale can be used against the Constitution.
    That rationale is fallacious - wholly invalid, and untrue to boot. Just because something is said, it does not follow that it is true.

But why not? If there are no such things as absolute truth or objective moral standards, then people have every whim to behave by what please them best.
    There is an objective moral standard. We call it "life". I direct you to this essay once again:

http://freedomisobvious.blogspot.com...s-freedom.html

One does not get more objective than that.

Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast