Thread: CNN: Calls for Dodd to step down?

CNN: Calls for Dodd to step down?

I just got the last few seconds of this as I walked by, but did anyone else see the segment? Wolf was talking about calls for Sen. Dodd to step down.

Recent news:

"VP Biden on Sen. Dodd's Re-election Battle -- "Chris is getting the living hell beat out of him, the living bejesus beat out of him"

http://blogs.abcnews.com/politicalpu...e-living-.html

"The rumor mill was rampant last week with murmurs that Sen. Christopher J. Dodd , who trails Republicans in every public poll testing his re-election prospects in Connecticut, might be ready to announce he will retire instead of seek another term next year. Although Democratic leadership aides and those close to Dodd insist he is running for re-election and his fundraising is still strong, there’s no harm in dissecting a possible exit plan for the endangered Nutmeg State Senator.

How Would He Go?

If Dodd were to resign from office (again, party insiders say it’s still unlikely at this point), most Democrats agree he would leave for a post in the administration. The state legislature and Gov. Jodi Rell (R) passed a law this summer that removed the governor’s appointment powers. If Dodd leaves before his term is up, the Democratic-controlled state legislature will pick a successor to serve until January 2011."

http://www.cqpolitics.com/wmspage.cf...s-000003266715
    Last edited by Bruno; 12-18-2009 at 04:31 PM.
    "I'm not just trying to win or get elected. I am trying to change the course of history" - Ron Paul

2. Remove this section of ads by registering.