Thread: the last Time that praised a fed chairman for "saving the world" on their cover

the last Time that praised a fed chairman for "saving the world" on their cover

"We took it in the shorts with Bush-Cheney, the Iraq War, and by sacrificing fiscal responsibility to hold power.”
    ~John Boehner, GOP Minority Leader

"Take out all this movement stuff. There is no movement.... Look, I know this probably sounds arrogant to say but I redefined the Republican Party." ~President George W. Bush to speechwriter

2. Remove this section of ads by registering.
    What issue is that?
    "He's talkin' to his gut like it's a person!!" -me
    "dumpster diving isn't professional." - angelatc
    "You don't need a medical degree to spot obvious bullshit, that's actually a separate skill." -Scott Adams
    "When you are divided, and angry, and controlled, you target those 'different' from you, not those responsible [controllers]" -Q

"Each of us must choose which course of action we should take: education, conventional political action, or even peaceful civil disobedience to bring about necessary changes. But let it not be said that we did nothing." - Ron Paul

"Paul said "the wave of the future" is a coalition of anti-authoritarian progressive Democrats and libertarian Republicans in Congress opposed to domestic surveillance, opposed to starting new wars and in favor of ending the so-called War on Drugs."

Quote Originally Posted by dannno View Post
    What issue is that?
    It wasn't Person of the Year but it was a cover:
    Rubin, Greenspan & Summers Feb. 15, 1999
    "We took it in the shorts with Bush-Cheney, the Iraq War, and by sacrificing fiscal responsibility to hold power.”

"Take out all this movement stuff. There is no movement.... Look, I know this probably sounds arrogant to say but I redefined the Republican Party." ~President George W. Bush to speechwriter

oh, the irony is priceless!
    "I'm not just trying to win or get elected. I am trying to change the course of history" - Ron Paul

Wow! I'm actually reading the '99 cover story and it's full of hero worship and this gem:
    To operate effectively in this new world, Rubin has remade the Treasury into an organization that is "more like an investment bank," says Tim Geithner, the 37-year-old Under Secretary for International Affairs.
    Read more:

The inside story of how the Three Marketeers have prevented a global economic meltdown--so far
    Yes...so far.

Reminds me of several previous men of the year...
    Knowledge will forever govern ignorance; and a people who mean to be their own governors must arm themselves with the power which knowledge gives. -James Madison

Volker was the only decent Fed chairman. Understood that even though unemployment sucks....inflations sucks even more.

Sincerely,

Slutter McGee

10. Remove this section of ads by registering.