Thread: Shell calls for EXPANSION of cap and trade!

Thumbs down Shell calls for EXPANSION of cap and trade!

For those who believe that big oil funds the "deniers". This global warming crap plays right into the hands of the very people the environmentalists claim to be against.

http://royaldutchshellplc.com/2009/1...-co2-programs/

Royal Dutch Shell plc .com Rotating Header Image
    Shell Calls for Global Expansion of Cap-and-Trade CO2 Programs
    Nov 13th, 2009
    by John Donovan.

By Eduard Gismatullin

Nov. 13 (Bloomberg) — Royal Dutch Shell Plc, Europe’s largest oil producer, said regional mechanisms to reduce carbon dioxide output should be expanded into a global cap-and-trade system to ensure more companies are forced to curb emissions.

“We need cap-and-trade mechanisms to come up in more parts of the world; we need these mechanisms to be linked to each other,” Ranjit Prasad, global head of CO2 trading at Shell International Transport & Trading, said in a video posted on the company’s Web site. “We need project-based mechanisms for those parts of the world where we don’t have mandatory caps.”

Under cap-and-trade programs, emitters are permitted to release a certain quantity of polluting gases and are allotted permits for that amount, which can be bought and sold as required. The European Trading Scheme, mandatory for heavy industry and power generators, is the world’s largest such system. There are also voluntary cap-and-trade programs such as the one operated by the Chicago Climate Exchange.

Shell and BP Plc are among companies supporting cap-and- trade. Industries that aren’t subject to obligatory emissions limits must commit to curbing their carbon output, Prasad said.

Almost 200 countries are due to gather in Copenhagen next month to hammer out the terms of a climate accord to replace the Kyoto Protocol, whose targets expire in 2012.

9/11 Thermate experiments

Winston Churchhill on why the U.S. should have stayed OUT of World War I

"I am so %^&*^ sick of this cult of Ron Paul. The Paulites. What is with these %^&*^ people? Why are there so many of them?" YouTube rant by "TheAmazingAtheist"

"We as a country have lost faith and confidence in freedom." -- Ron Paul

"It can be a challenge to follow the pronouncements of President Trump, as he often seems to change his position on any number of items from week to week, or from day to day, or even from minute to minute." -- Ron Paul
    Quote Originally Posted by Brian4Liberty View Post
    The road to hell is paved with good intentions. No need to make it a superhighway.
    Quote Originally Posted by osan View Post
    The only way I see Trump as likely to affect any real change would be through martial law, and that has zero chances of success without strong buy-in by the JCS at the very minimum.

2. Remove this section of ads by registering.
    Read between the lines and the motivation becomes clear.

More regulations and expansion of Cap and Trade to include smaller companies will hurt Shell's smaller competitiors more than it will hurt Shell. Shell can pass on the costs to the consumer much easier than the little guys can. Shell (and I suspect Exxon, et al) come out as the ONLY oil companies capable of functioning under the heavy burden, thus driving the others out of business.
    "Let it not be said that we did nothing."-Ron Paul

"We have set them on the hobby-horse of an idea about the absorption of individuality by the symbolic unit of COLLECTIVISM. They have never yet and they never will have the sense to reflect that this hobby-horse is a manifest violation of the most important law of nature, which has established from the very creation of the world one unit unlike another and precisely for the purpose of instituting individuality."- A Quote From Some Old Book

Thanks OP, I appreciate this.

If anybody wants to read (and/or participate) in a lengthy debate on a very popular website for a publication that has received numerous national journalism awards, here it is (see comments):

http://www.independent.com/news/2009...se-copenhagen/
    "He's talkin' to his gut like it's a person!!" -me
    "dumpster diving isn't professional." - angelatc
    "You don't need a medical degree to spot obvious bullshit, that's actually a separate skill." -Scott Adams
    "When you are divided, and angry, and controlled, you target those 'different' from you, not those responsible [controllers]" -Q

"Each of us must choose which course of action we should take: education, conventional political action, or even peaceful civil disobedience to bring about necessary changes. But let it not be said that we did nothing." - Ron Paul

"Paul said "the wave of the future" is a coalition of anti-authoritarian progressive Democrats and libertarian Republicans in Congress opposed to domestic surveillance, opposed to starting new wars and in favor of ending the so-called War on Drugs."

Maybe Shell knows something about how carbon credits will be distributed...

Plus, the bonus of putting their smaller competitors out of business.
    "Foreign aid is taking money from the poor people of a rich country, and giving it to the rich people of a poor country." - Ron Paul
    "Beware the Military-Industrial-Financial-Pharma-Corporate-Internet-Media-Government Complex." - B4L update of General Dwight D. Eisenhower
    "Debt is the drug, Wall St. Banksters are the dealers, and politicians are the addicts." - B4L
    "Totally free immigration? I've never taken that position. I believe in national sovereignty." - Ron Paul

Proponent of real science.
    The views and opinions expressed here are solely my own, and do not represent this forum or any other entities or persons.

Account Restricted. Admin to review account standing

Isn't this Queen Beatrix's company? No shocker.

Quote Originally Posted by devil21 View Post
    Read between the lines and the motivation becomes clear.

More regulations and expansion of Cap and Trade to include smaller companies will hurt Shell's smaller competitiors more than it will hurt Shell. Shell can pass on the costs to the consumer much easier than the little guys can. Shell (and I suspect Exxon, et al) come out as the ONLY oil companies capable of functioning under the heavy burden, thus driving the others out of business.
    Exactly what I've been trying to tell others I know about regulations in business overall, it always helps out the largest corporations and gets rid of competition.

Quuen Beatrix of Holland is a regular Bilderberg attendee.

Shell is her company. Little guys will go under while the Shells and Exxons get more power....just like the banking crisis.

Quote Originally Posted by sofia View Post
    Quuen Beatrix of Holland is a regular Bilderberg attendee.

Shell is her company. Little guys will go under while the Shells and Exxons get more power....just like the banking crisis.

In case you were wondering where the symbol came from...
    "He's talkin' to his gut like it's a person!!" -me
    "dumpster diving isn't professional." - angelatc
    "You don't need a medical degree to spot obvious bullshit, that's actually a separate skill." -Scott Adams
    "When you are divided, and angry, and controlled, you target those 'different' from you, not those responsible [controllers]" -Q

"Each of us must choose which course of action we should take: education, conventional political action, or even peaceful civil disobedience to bring about necessary changes. But let it not be said that we did nothing." - Ron Paul

"Paul said "the wave of the future" is a coalition of anti-authoritarian progressive Democrats and libertarian Republicans in Congress opposed to domestic surveillance, opposed to starting new wars and in favor of ending the so-called War on Drugs."

10. Remove this section of ads by registering.
    Quote Originally Posted by dannno View Post

\

Ill never give you grief again. This post is hilarious!

they are figuring out thematerial potential of rapidly renewablr resources

the three r's, i like it

AND ITS MINE

TM
    copyright
    prior art
    whAT ELse? lets play the IP game!

Just like Bitchlosi's plan to shout down hecklers as "yes... those are insurance companies" ... when in-fact, they are giving their ardent supporters (more leeches) the insurance companies free reign to rape all of us.

My got... these are disgusting people. How the hell did God create people like Harry Reid, Nancy Pelosi, Barak Obama... George Bush.... Bill Clinton ?

There is a point in my life which is now, that I have to ask that question "God, Why Have you Forsaken Us?"

Quote Originally Posted by Dianne View Post
    There is a point in my life which is now, that I have to ask that question "God, Why Have you Forsaken Us?"
    Maybe the reverse should be asked.
    ================
    Open Borders: A Libertarian Reappraisal or why only dumbasses and cultural marxists are for it.

Cultural Marxism: The Corruption of America

The Property Basis of Rights

Hot Air

Quote Originally Posted by dannno View Post

Blimp!

No $#@! the big companies are for Cap and Trade. It's going to run out all their competitors.
    School of Salamanca - School of Austrian Economics - Liberty, Private Property, Free-Markets, Voluntaryist, Agorist. le monde va de lui même

"No man hath power over my rights and liberties, and I over no mans [sic]."

What, sir, is the use of a militia? It is to prevent the establishment of a standing army, the bane of liberty.

www.mises.org
    www.antiwar.com
    An Arrow Against all Tyrants - Richard Overton vis. 1646 (Required reading!)

Quote Originally Posted by Dianne View Post
    Just like Bitchlosi's plan to shout down hecklers as "yes... those are insurance companies" ... when in-fact, they are giving their ardent supporters (more leeches) the insurance companies free reign to rape all of us.

My got... these are disgusting people. How the hell did God create people like Harry Reid, Nancy Pelosi, Barak Obama... George Bush.... Bill Clinton ?

This has been going on for thousands of years.
    School of Salamanca - School of Austrian Economics - Liberty, Private Property, Free-Markets, Voluntaryist, Agorist. le monde va de lui même

"No man hath power over my rights and liberties, and I over no mans [sic]."

What, sir, is the use of a militia? It is to prevent the establishment of a standing army, the bane of liberty.

www.mises.org
    www.antiwar.com
    An Arrow Against all Tyrants - Richard Overton vis. 1646 (Required reading!)