Thread: If you live in Kentucky, you must register Republican by year's end to vote for Rand!

Default If you live in Kentucky, you must register Republican by year's end to vote for Rand!

2. Remove this section of ads by registering.

i did this last year so i could participate in the presidential primary. if anyone has any questions about the process i'd be more than happy to help.

also, i threw together this website a while back for my county GOP http://fcgop.weebly.com/vote.html

the link provides a couple of useful links about changing party affiliation in KY, finding out where to vote, and finding out whether or not you are already registered to vote

About the thread title, maybe in all caps, "KENTUCKIANS, DEADLINE TO REGISTER DECEMBER 31ST"

Default Register Republican

Quote Originally Posted by constituent View Post
    About the thread title, maybe in all caps, "KENTUCKIANS, DEADLINE TO REGISTER DECEMBER 31ST"
    I thought I was going to be violently ill when I did this in 2008. I did vomit and suffered through a sleepless night. You are undoubtedly branding yourself and placing yourself among a mob of disgusting and undesirable people. BUT IT MUST BE DONE!! If I did it, so can you. Vote during a slow time of day and no one takes your picture when you go to vote in a Republican primary.

I hope they announce this on his myspace/facebook account pronto!

Has there been any registration events on the university campuses?
    Ron Paul had a ton of college support, I would imagine Rand would too.

Quote Originally Posted by DaisyFL View Post
    Good ideas. I believe there are some YAL groups up there. They should be doing this every week.

This was a REAL big deal in some states primaries for Ron in 07'. Good to address it now.
    Whenever you find yourself on the side of the majority, it is time to pause and reflect - Mark Twain

bump
    The more laws and order are made prominent,
    The more thieves and robbers there will be.
    ~Lao-tzu

"Do not believe anything because it is said by an authority, or if it is said to come from angels, or from Gods, or from an inspired source. Believe it only if you have explored it in your own heart and mind and body and found it to be true."~ Buddha

Quote Originally Posted by DaisyFL View Post
    Well I had set up a event for Rand to Speak at University of Louisville in November, but that fell through due to communication problems with campaign. Had all the new registration things set up too. Trying to set up for him next semester..will miss people to change registration who are already registered..but good news is that in kentucky if you are not registered to vote you have like till may 1st to register. So we can still get alot of unregistered voters to be able to vote in the primary.

To answer Josh, the leader of the YAL is in one my economic classes, he's leaving for china at the beginning of next year, so we were talking about transferring the leadership position to me.

I'll get back to you on this more once I talk more with campaign about a date.

Quote Originally Posted by Jeremy Tyler View Post
    To answer Josh, the leader of the YAL is in one my economic classes, he's leaving for china at the beginning of next year, so we were talking about transferring the leadership position to me.

I'll get back to you on this more once I talk more with campaign about a date.
    Cool!

You are a volunteer, so don't wait around for anyone to give you permission. Although you should research and make sure you are registering people properly based on your state and party laws.

Best of luck.

Default Are you sure you are registered?

To be sure you are registered as a Republican, enter your information (or that of your spouse, children, parents, etc.) at https://cdcbp.ky.gov/VICWeb/VIC and it will tell you not only your party and precinct name, but also your voting location, the numbers of your legislative districts, etc.

If you don't see:
    Political Affiliation of record: REPUBLICAN
    Can I vote in my party's primary election? Yes
    then contact your county clerks office quickly.

I found out that my mother-in-law was registered independent and will be taking her this coming week to change to Republican. All you need to know about a person to find out the information is their name and birthdate.
    Last edited by ljwestmcsd; 12-25-2009 at 10:36 PM.

Given that the year is over with, and now it is too late for non-Republicans to register as Republicans, the "stickiness" of this thread should probably be removed.
    However, if you are NOT registered to vote, you are eligible to register Republican.
    See the link above and enter your name and birthdate to see if you are registered.