Results 1 to 22 of 22

Thread: Pat Boone: Bring Our Troops Home Now!

  1. #1

    Pat Boone: Bring Our Troops Home Now!

    Pat Boone, singer and conservative star, writes:

    And so, as a lifelong staunch conservative and active supporter of our brave military, I call loudly: BRING OUR TROOPS HOME – AND NOW!

    You can't fight or change an ideology with guns or bombs; in some ways, you fuel and inspire it.
    For the rest:
    http://www.wnd.com/index.php?pageId=116051
    ================
    Open Borders: A Libertarian Reappraisal or why only dumbasses and cultural marxists are for it.

    Cultural Marxism: The Corruption of America

    The Property Basis of Rights



  2. Remove this section of ads by registering.
  3. #2
    Good for him. I hope more people start thinking this way.

  4. #3
    I'm surprised WND allowed that article. WND is very pro war and Islamaphobic.

  5. #4

  6. #5
    My personal favorite off of that album was the cover of Judas Priest's 'You've got another thing comin''.

  7. #6
    Quote Originally Posted by Eric Arthur Blair View Post
    I'm surprised WND allowed that article. WND is very pro war and Islamaphobic.
    lol

    Yeah, but did you notice the ad right in the middle of his article? Go back and look.
    ================
    Open Borders: A Libertarian Reappraisal or why only dumbasses and cultural marxists are for it.

    Cultural Marxism: The Corruption of America

    The Property Basis of Rights

  8. #7
    where were all of these "conservatives" asking for the troops to come home when Bush was in power???

  9. #8



  10. Remove this section of ads by registering.
  11. #9
    Account Restricted. Admin to review account standing


    Posts
    28,739
    Join Date
    Feb 2009
    Quote Originally Posted by pahs1994 View Post
    where were all of these "conservatives" asking for the troops to come home when Bush was in power???
    Because many see the writing on the wall. There is no quick end to any of this. They were sold a false bill of goods. It's encouraging to see these people wake up, instead of mocking them.

  12. #10
    Amen
    We'll know our disinformation program is complete when everything the American public believes is false. -- William Casey, CIA Director

    Get your facts first, then you can distort them as you please.-- Mark Twain

    When people like us-- the scum of society-- don't risk our lives when a rare chance comes our way, we become losers at that moment. So courage is the only thing we can rely on.-- Anchan
    Rick Simpson Hemp Oil

  13. #11

  14. #12
    Did my post get moved simply because it was after the threadjacking started? Cause I don't think it was off-topic at all.

  15. #13
    Quote Originally Posted by inibo View Post
    Pat Boone is right about Afghanistan for all the wrong reasons.Hey, Pat, does that mean if they were just fighting each other over things like control of land or political power with no religious or ideological motivations it would be OK to stay there and impose our idea or order (no to mention garrisoning a major pipeline network)?

    I've got news for you, Pat, it is their country not ours. We shouldn't leave because they are violent wackjobs, we should leave because being there is wrong. Period.

    PS that youtube video is a keeper. I LOLed.
    How is this a "religious" post?

  16. #14
    You mentioned religion in it, but I see your point. I'll move it back.
    ================
    Open Borders: A Libertarian Reappraisal or why only dumbasses and cultural marxists are for it.

    Cultural Marxism: The Corruption of America

    The Property Basis of Rights

  17. #15
    Quote Originally Posted by LibertyEagle View Post
    You mentioned religion in it, but I see your point. I'll move it back.
    Thank you. I try to play nice. I'm not used to getting my posts moved around. It gave me an odd sensation.

  18. #16
    You just got caught in the grab. Nothing bad intended, inibo.
    ================
    Open Borders: A Libertarian Reappraisal or why only dumbasses and cultural marxists are for it.

    Cultural Marxism: The Corruption of America

    The Property Basis of Rights



  19. Remove this section of ads by registering.
  20. #17
    Quote Originally Posted by AuH20 View Post
    Because many see the writing on the wall. There is no quick end to any of this. They were sold a false bill of goods. It's encouraging to see these people wake up, instead of mocking them.
    Exactly! For those hating on Pat Boone because he isn't "pro liberty" or what not, do you have ANY sense of strategy? As people like Pat Boone, Michael Savage, Chuck Hagel and others turn against the war in Afghanistan that gives us political cover! Just think if/when Ron Paul runs in 2012 what he can do with this! We need to start turning this into one big "Right wing turns against the wars" youtube!
    9/11 Thermate experiments

    Winston Churchhill on why the U.S. should have stayed OUT of World War I

    "I am so %^&*^ sick of this cult of Ron Paul. The Paulites. What is with these %^&*^ people? Why are there so many of them?" YouTube rant by "TheAmazingAtheist"

    "We as a country have lost faith and confidence in freedom." -- Ron Paul

    "It can be a challenge to follow the pronouncements of President Trump, as he often seems to change his position on any number of items from week to week, or from day to day, or even from minute to minute." -- Ron Paul
    Quote Originally Posted by Brian4Liberty View Post
    The road to hell is paved with good intentions. No need to make it a superhighway.
    Quote Originally Posted by osan View Post
    The only way I see Trump as likely to affect any real change would be through martial law, and that has zero chances of success without strong buy-in by the JCS at the very minimum.

  21. #18
    Quote Originally Posted by jmdrake View Post
    exactly! For those hating on pat boone because he isn't "pro liberty" or what not, do you have any sense of strategy? As people like pat boone, michael savage, chuck hagel and others turn against the war in afghanistan that gives us political cover! just think if/when ron paul runs in 2012 what he can do with this! We need to start turning this into one big "right wing turns against the wars" youtube!
    +1000
    ================
    Open Borders: A Libertarian Reappraisal or why only dumbasses and cultural marxists are for it.

    Cultural Marxism: The Corruption of America

    The Property Basis of Rights

  22. #19
    I know lots of people who supported both wars and still think they were the right thing to do but never supported years of occupation and nation building. Virtually all of them think both wars have been won and it's time to come home. The main reason that most were not coming out against the war when GWB was President is because they were in opposition to those that wanted to retreat in disgrace from Iraq when things where going badly. It wasn't until the last months of the Bush administration that something resembling victory in Iraq started to emerge.

    As for Afghanistan, it was largely overshadowed by Iraq until recently. The Democrats have put themselves in a bad position by arguing that the Iraq was a distraction from the "real" war in Afghanistan. Now they need to fight the "real" war even though the "real" war has already been won. Since the Democrats are total pansies when it comes to fighting wars they will escalate it without taking it seriously enough and we will end up with a major catastrophe. They will snatch defeat from the jaws of "victory".

    Look for major anti-war sentiment to rise up from the conservative grass roots. The MSM will try to label them hypocrites for not being against Bush, and there will be some truth to that, but it is much more than just anti Obama. Many war supporters were never very happy about the war they just thought it was something that had to be done, has been done and is over with now. Basically, I don't think that most mainstream conservatives are as pro interventionist as many here tend to believe.

  23. #20
    I was little skeptical because of some of his commercial ties but on second thought Pat does seem to have an authentic appeal and sense of humor that can be used as a weapon to win over many in GOP who have turned on Obama's Bush policies. It's hard not to like man with such fun personality, the poise with which he handled his toupee incidence in famous TV show says a lot about him:

    http://www.youtube.com/results?searc...rch_type=&aq=f

  24. #21
    Quote Originally Posted by AuH20 View Post
    It's encouraging to see these people wake up, instead of mocking them.
    are they truly "waking up"...or did they suddenly become pacifists becuase its a democrat waging the war?

  25. #22
    Quote Originally Posted by jmdrake View Post
    Exactly! For those hating on Pat Boone because he isn't "pro liberty" or what not, do you have ANY sense of strategy? As people like Pat Boone, Michael Savage, Chuck Hagel and others turn against the war in Afghanistan that gives us political cover! Just think if/when Ron Paul runs in 2012 what he can do with this! We need to start turning this into one big "Right wing turns against the wars" youtube!
    For real and +1

    When the neocon right loses the likes of Pat Boone, well, FFS, well, it's over.
    Last edited by Anti Federalist; 11-29-2009 at 11:06 PM.
    "Truly, whoever can make you believe absurdities can make you commit atrocities." - Voltaire



Similar Threads

  1. Paul: Bring U.S. troops home
    By sailingaway in forum Ron Paul Forum
    Replies: 0
    Last Post: 09-20-2011, 06:16 PM
  2. Replies: 3
    Last Post: 09-16-2011, 02:23 PM
  3. SPLIT: Religious discussion from "Pat Boone: Bring Our Troops Home Now"
    By Liberty Star in forum Peace Through Religion
    Replies: 21
    Last Post: 11-29-2009, 10:53 PM
  4. Osama Is Dead ! Bring The Troops Home ! Just Come Home !
    By ronpaultvchannel in forum U.S. Political News
    Replies: 8
    Last Post: 01-16-2008, 10:43 AM
  5. Support the troops, bring them home
    By DrNoZone in forum Grassroots Central
    Replies: 1
    Last Post: 10-07-2007, 11:48 AM

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •