Thread: Rand Paul for President 2020?

2. Remove this section of ads by registering.
    Good article.

I'd like to see him run for president in 2016, but he would also be up for reelection in the senate that year so it might be too difficult to run two campaigns.

Quote Originally Posted by brandonyates View Post
    Good article.

I'd like to see him run for president in 2016, but he would also be up for reelection in the senate that year so it might be too difficult to run two campaigns.

He might have cleaned house by 2014. He will be ready to clean the USA by then.

Let's get him the GOP primary for Senate first. That's going to be difficult enough.

i doubt he would want to run for president

Quote Originally Posted by TheConstitutionLives View Post
    Let's get him the GOP primary for Senate first. That's going to be difficult enough.
    +1

Quote Originally Posted by amisspelledword View Post
    i doubt he would want to run for president
    That's all right, Ron didn't either. And Rand already happens to have a staffer who encourages him to get things done, like Ron did...
    Original supporter of Ron Paul since 2007 and lifelong supporter of liberty and the Constitution. I stand with Rand.

Exactly, and that's what I say in the first line of my blog. But like I said, can't I have a little fun thinking of the possibilities? But I agree: issue #1 has got to be getting him to be the nominee then into the Senate.

10. Remove this section of ads by registering.
    This Senate race will be the most important entity that this movement has. If Rand loses, especially in the Republican Primary, that will be a humongous hit to this movement for a wide variety of reasons. We should be throwing all of our support behind Rand, because if he fails, that moves us that much closer to collapsing.

Quote Originally Posted by TCE View Post
    This Senate race will be the most important entity that this movement has. If Rand loses, especially in the Republican Primary, that will be a humongous hit to this movement for a wide variety of reasons. We should be throwing all of our support behind Rand, because if he fails, that moves us that much closer to collapsing.
    I agree it's the most important race but as for the movement "collapsing" I don't agree. Personally I'll question supporting a specific political candidate (especially in a place like Kentucky) in the future but there still will be Campaign for Liberty and even politically Ron Paul will still have his House seat.

I agree it's important but I don't want people to think "this is it" and be disheartened by one political race in a tough political terrain. I also have some ideas-- regardless of the outcome-- that I think would better serve the cause than a Senate seat. But for right now I agree this is the most important priority and could very well lead to Paul 2020.
    "We took it in the shorts with Bush-Cheney, the Iraq War, and by sacrificing fiscal responsibility to hold power.”
    ~John Boehner, GOP Minority Leader

"Take out all this movement stuff. There is no movement.... Look, I know this probably sounds arrogant to say but I redefined the Republican Party." ~President George W. Bush to speechwriter

Quote Originally Posted by Chieftain1776 View Post
    I agree it's the most important race but as for the movement "collapsing" I don't agree. Personally I'll question supporting a specific political candidate (especially in a place like Kentucky) in the future but there still will be Campaign for Liberty and even politically Ron Paul will still have his House seat.

I agree it's important but I don't want people to think "this is it" and be disheartened by one political race in a tough political terrain. I also have some ideas-- regardless of the outcome-- that I think would better serve the cause than a Senate seat. But for right now I agree this is the most important priority and could very well lead to Paul 2020.
    It will be more like the collapse of the country. If we have no one to rally around, we may very well be in trouble when it comes to recruiting new people. Dr. Paul won't have hit seat forever. He has around 7 more terms in him, max. I can't see him being a 90 year old Congressman.

While it may not be that extreme, it will be 10 times better going forward if Rand wins than if he loses in the primary. What is more important than a Senate seat besides the Presidency?

Thats why this movement should be 100% united behind Rand. I was shocked to see so many hostile comments about him recently.

That's why I've been so frustrated with all of this. This is HUGE. The biggest race in decades. And we're leading! But we will need continued enthusiasm and monetary support to put it away.
    Original supporter of Ron Paul since 2007 and lifelong supporter of liberty and the Constitution. I stand with Rand.

Agreed. Lets get Rand in the senate and then we can all debate his votes. First things first. We should be thrilled with Rands campaign and the fact that he is now polling as a frontrunner.

we aint got that much time...2012 may be America's last election...

after that, the demographics with all the illegals included will guarantee a left wing dictator for life.

If a leftist can get the usual 70% Hispanic vote + 95% black vote + 65% government worker vote ...+ 80% jewish vote + 100% of the deceased vote and 100% of the repeat vote(via ACORN)......he will only need about 30% of the remaining white vote to win nationwide..

as older whites die out and brainwashed high school kids replace them, even the white vote will move leftward...

our only hope is that an economic crash will wake people of all races up to the globalist enemy that will swallow us all
    Last edited by sofia; 11-30-2009 at 04:33 PM.

an eye doctor running for President in 2020....
    tu ne cede malis

19. Remove this section of ads by registering.
    Quote Originally Posted by Flash View Post
    Thats why this movement should be 100% united behind Rand. I was shocked to see so many hostile comments about him recently.
    Interfamily squabble...thats all..

..in the end we'll kiss, make up...and go full throttle for rand

I agree with those who feel this race is HUGE. This is for a seat in the United States Senate. That is a six years of national exposure and ability to get the message out...and I think Rand will do an awesome job! Look how tireless he has been on the campaign trail! And I think once people see someone like him...it may help this cause of other liberty minded candidates.

Rand Paul is so electable, so real, great family, can deliver the message in such a way that it does not scare the uninitiated, in a sensible State (Kentucky), and at a critical time in history. Folks, I don't think we have many election cycles to turn this thing around. This is a big one.
    b

I have sent Rand hostile and critical messages about his fondness for Guantanamo and military tribunals. I am no an ideological purist but can't imagine what kind of libertarian couldn't see anything wrong with those. As imporant as the principles involved in those issues are.I still feel we must all unite behind Rand and do all we can to assure his election. Like most of you, I am tired of politicians adept at"rising above principle", but a defeat for Rand in these circumstances would be a body blow to the entire Freedom Movement. As he matures he will quickly start to realize there is hardly anything worse than the Republican combination of supply-side economics and perpteual war.

Quote Originally Posted by randolphfuller View Post
    I have sent Rand hostile and critical messages about his fondness for Guantanamo and military tribunals. I am no an ideological purist but can't imagine what kind of libertarian couldn't see anything wrong with those. As imporant as the principles involved in those issues are.I still feel we must all unite behind Rand and do all we can to assure his election. Like most of you, I am tired of politicians adept at"rising above principle", but a defeat for Rand in these circumstances would be a body blow to the entire Freedom Movement. As he matures he will quickly start to realize there is hardly anything worse than the Republican combination of supply-side economics and perpteual war.
    That the same way I feel as well. I disagree with him on those few things, but getting him in will help so much that the pros far outweight the cons.

How bou't King of The World Next Year?

Geez. Folks thinking this early on that he should run for prez is rediculous.

How bou't King of The World Next Year?

Geez. Folks thinking this early on that he should run for prez is rediculous.
    That's not an elected position...

I don't think this is silly at all. Look, we don't have a lot of people we can trust. We can't keep voting for the same halfbaked people who don't really care about the Constitution. Ron was a remarkable candidate that some of us could sincerely support, when we could not back anyone else. Without having a good candidate to step up, some of us are hoping Rand may be that person eventually... and he has benefits his Dad didn't, too.

We all agree we have to win the nomination first. But our movement isn't exactly teeming with electable candidates with the funding to win.

Quote Originally Posted by TheTyke View Post
    That's not an elected position...

I don't think this is silly at all. Look, we don't have a lot of people we can trust. We can't keep voting for the same halfbaked people who don't really care about the Constitution. Ron was a remarkable candidate that some of us could sincerely support, when we could not back anyone else. Without having a good candidate to step up, some of us are hoping Rand may be that person eventually... and he has benefits his Dad didn't, too.

We all agree we have to win the nomination first. But our movement isn't exactly teeming with electable candidates with the funding to win.
    Without him first becoming a Senator it's a complete waste of time to think about him running for prez. That is, unless he has a billion dollars at his disposal.

Wow, I think it's pretty obvious some people didn't read it.

Here was my first line: "Be Advised: This is a hypothetical post. Obviously, there are bigger (literally bigger. Have you seen Trey? He’s huge.) fish to fry and we should keep our eyes on the race at hand. Doesn’t mean I can’t have a little fun!!!"

It was just a fun "what-if" post. It's not like I'm trying to kick off a campaign for the Presidency or anything...

28. Remove this section of ads by registering.
    I don't like Rand Paul's positions nearly as much as his father's positions.

2012 and 2016 loom before 2020 does...
    i am just saying because i like rand, too!

Quote Originally Posted by Krippy View Post
    an eye doctor running for President in 2020....
    Hahaha
    I support Ron Paul.

Quote Originally Posted by Captain Bryan View Post
    Hahaha
    Ha, I didn't catch the joke until this post. Nice pun...

Quote Originally Posted by TheTyke View Post
    to have a staffer who encourages him
    I heard one of his staffers was in hot water!

With the Grayson campaign.....
    HAHA!

I rather see Ron run in 2012. But from 2016 onwards Rand is the best I've seen so far. I also think 2016 would be better then 2020 for 2020 he has to be a senator for 10 years which he won't do since he thinks politics should not be the main job in a persons career. But in 2016 he might be senator for 6 years. Which is perfect.