Thread: Egyptian Muslim Mob Attacks Thousands of Coptic Christians in Egypt

Egyptian Muslim Mob Attacks Thousands of Coptic Christians in Egypt

Very noticable Western media blackout on these sorts of events:

http://www.christiannewswire.com/news/6865612267.html

Contact: Ihab Aziz, Executive Director, Coptic American Friendship Association (CAFA), 703-337-5217, Coptic.American@yahoo.com

MEDIA ADVISORY, Nov. 24 /Christian Newswire/ -- As of Saturday, November 21, 2009 the Egyptian town of Farshoot, located 300 miles south of Cairo, and the neighboring villages of Kom Ahmar, Shakiki and Ezbet Waziri, have been the scenes of massive Muslim mob attacks against Coptic Christian inhabitants. The mob looted, vandalized and burnt Coptic properties estimated for six million Egyptian pounds (over one million dollars), while Copts are still hiding indoors fearing for their lives. There are reports that many Copts were attacked and injured. According to many eye witnesses, the mob made wooden crosses and burnt them in the streets while shouting "Allah Akbar."

Victims and eye witnesses said that nearly 3000 angry Muslims have been damaging and looting at least 50 shops all owned by Christians, including jewelry stores and pharmacies, over a claim that a 20 year old Christian man, now in custody, had a relationship with a 12 year old Muslim girl. Coptic priest Rev. Benjamin Noshi was attacked and is now hospitalized as a result of a fracture in his skull. His car was damaged by the Muslim mob. By the evening most Coptic businesses were looted and burnt and many Coptic Christian families were thrown out of their homes by other Muslim residents.

Farshout's Bishop, Kirollos, said the attacks were definitely preplanned and suggested that the principal of an Islamic Institute in Farshoot motivated his students to attack the Christians. He also pointed out to the shameful role of the security forces, which disappeared without giving proper justifications or making any arrests, despite several demands by the victims to put an end to the organized attacks against the Copts.

In the early hours of Monday, November 23, 2009 three additional Christian-owned businesses were looted and burnt in the village of "Abu Shousha" located 15 miles away of Farshout. New attacks were taking place Monday night in Al-Arky village seven miles away.

It has become clear that the organized violence is spreading out to more villages only to target the Christian lives and businesses while the Police continue to watch. The last 90 days witnessed at least seven similar attacks on Christian villages, where at least five Copts were killed, many Coptic girls and women were abducted and forced to embrace Islam with the assistance of the Egyptian authorities.

Coptic American Friendship Association (CAFA) pleads to the American and International Rights Organizations to demand the Egyptian government to take immediate measures to protect the Christian lives and properties of the persecuted Copts in Farshout, Egypt (Copts are about 18 million Christians - The largest Christian minority in the Middle East).

For more information, please contact CAFA at Coptic.American@yahoo.com or Call: 703.337.5217

Ihab Aziz
    Executive Director
    Coptic American Friendship Association (CAFA)

2. Remove this section of ads by registering.
    Our allies are allowed to do whatever they want as long as they are going along with the agenda.
    "He's talkin' to his gut like it's a person!!" -me
    "dumpster diving isn't professional." - angelatc
    "You don't need a medical degree to spot obvious bullshit, that's actually a separate skill." -Scott Adams
    "When you are divided, and angry, and controlled, you target those 'different' from you, not those responsible [controllers]" -Q

"Each of us must choose which course of action we should take: education, conventional political action, or even peaceful civil disobedience to bring about necessary changes. But let it not be said that we did nothing." - Ron Paul

"Paul said "the wave of the future" is a coalition of anti-authoritarian progressive Democrats and libertarian Republicans in Congress opposed to domestic surveillance, opposed to starting new wars and in favor of ending the so-called War on Drugs."

15 Year Old Egyptian Convert to Christianity Sends Plea to Obama

http://www.aina.org/news/20091117170103.htm

Cairo (AINA) -- 15-year-old Egyptian girl Dina el-Gowhary, who converted from Islam to Christianity, has sent a plea to President Obama, complaining of mistreatment by the Egyptian Government and asking for his mediation. "Mr President Obama," she writes, "we are a minority in Egypt. We are treated very badly. You said that the Muslim minority in America are treated very well, so why are we not treated here likewise? We are imprisoned in our own home because Muslim clerics called for the murder of my father, and now the Government has set for us a new prison, we are imprisoned in our own country."

The handwritten Arabic letter, posted on Coptic websites, also says "I am 15 years old but I still have hope that my message will reach President Obama."

The el-Gowhary family was barred from leaving Egypt on September 17, 2009 without any legal reason. They were told, however, that the order came from a higher authority (AINA 9-26-200).
    Neither Obama nor the media pay attention. Certainly gets far less attention than tensions in Israel.

Quote Originally Posted by dannno View Post
    Our allies are allowed to do whatever they want as long as they are going along with the agenda.
    This is true. However if something like this happened in Israel you can be sure it would get far more attention.

The Times published an article about Jewish settlers destroying Palestinian olive trees:

http://www.timesonline.co.uk/tol/new...cle6875304.ece

http://www.ronpaulforums.com/showthr...ht=olive+trees

No religion is a religion of peace. I think that's been clearly shown throughout history. In past eras it was the Christian mobs attacking the Muslims similarly. I wish people would make their religions a personal choice and just keep it to themselves.
    "Let it not be said that we did nothing."-Ron Paul

"We have set them on the hobby-horse of an idea about the absorption of individuality by the symbolic unit of COLLECTIVISM. They have never yet and they never will have the sense to reflect that this hobby-horse is a manifest violation of the most important law of nature, which has established from the very creation of the world one unit unlike another and precisely for the purpose of instituting individuality."- A Quote From Some Old Book

Quote Originally Posted by devil21 View Post
    No religion is a religion of peace. I think that's been clearly shown throughout history. In past eras it was the Christian mobs attacking the Muslims similarly. I wish people would make their religions a personal choice and just keep it to themselves.
    No religion is a religion of war either. It's what their followers do. But that's not my point. Why no interest in oppression of Christians in Egypt? Here's a google news search on the subject:

http://news.google.com/news/more?um=...oamivN13ZQO74M

Picked up by 6 Christian news agencies. The only non-Christian mention is a small blurb in AFP.

Don't care what goes down on foreign shores. Something for them to work out.

Quote Originally Posted by BlackTerrel View Post
    No religion is a religion of war either. It's what their followers do. But that's not my point. Why no interest in oppression of Christians in Egypt? Here's a google news search on the subject:

http://news.google.com/news/more?um=...oamivN13ZQO74M

Picked up by 6 Christian news agencies. The only non-Christian mention is a small blurb in AFP.
    That's very true, at least according to the scriptures that religions claim to love and hold so dearly. Too bad there's always nutcase extremists that take it to mean something totally different and do horrible things "in the name of XXXXX".

I also agrew with phill4paul in that it's not our concern. We have enough problems at home to worry about. As long as it's not my tax money being spent to further the violence Ill let people sort it out themselves. Muslims attacking Christians in another country doesn't mean much to me since it doesn't make me less safe. Well at least as long as the attack isn't based on US foreign policy. Which it could be....and maybe that's why not much media coverage?
    "Let it not be said that we did nothing."-Ron Paul

"We have set them on the hobby-horse of an idea about the absorption of individuality by the symbolic unit of COLLECTIVISM. They have never yet and they never will have the sense to reflect that this hobby-horse is a manifest violation of the most important law of nature, which has established from the very creation of the world one unit unlike another and precisely for the purpose of instituting individuality."- A Quote From Some Old Book

10. Remove this section of ads by registering.
    Certainly gets far less attention than tensions in Israel
    becaus coptic christians don't have an al queda to use the mistreatment of coptic christians in egypt to recruit others to blow us up.

but she's right. we should not be giving massive amounts of aid to egpyt OR israel as it leads only to the growth of militant islam.

Quote Originally Posted by dannno View Post
    Good observation. They receive billions in aid from us every year.

Egypt is one of the biggest abusers of human right and is notorious torture regime where we send suspects to be tortured on rendition flights. Our policy is so messed up, some of the biggest recipients of our aid in mid east are Egypt, Israel and their buse of Christians/ human rights is some of the worst in mideast or perhaps in the world.

When Iraqi Christians had to flee after Iraqi freedom, who opened the doors for them - Syria and Jordan but none of our so called major allies there gave them refuge.