Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Thread: I Love Each and Every One of You!

I Love Each and Every One of You!

It seems that tensions run sort of high on these forums sometimes, especially lately; and we get in heated (and unnecessary IMHO) debates about Minarchy vs. Anarchy, Christianity vs. Secularism, politics vs. civil disobedience, etc. etc. etc. I think we all tend to take these minor differences in opinion much too personally, almost as if we're innately hardwired to perpetuate conflict and seek out what divides us rather than what unites us. And I strongly suspect that this natural instinct has been exploited by politicos and establishment types in an effort to splinter a movement they see as an increasingly significant threat.

We are all working for freedom, each of us in his or her own way and to widely differing extents, but the fact that we're working toward a common goal is hard to deny, even when the means we as individuals may choose can diverge. This tendency of each of us to put his or her own stamp or identity onto our movement is the nature of humankind and individuality; hardly a threat, and in fact a big part of what brought us so much success in the '08 race! If we don't want to be done in by these divergences, we have to bridge them, using the only salve by which all divisions are healed, love.

Do you think it's a coincidence that the most cherished standard of the Ron Paul campaign was a sign highlighting the word "love" inside the word "revolution"? A revolution not based on love is a revolution doomed to failure. So, at the risk of sounding corny, I just wanted to let you know that, wherever you stand on any of these hot-button issues, and even if we might have exchanged bitter words or harsh sentiments in the past, I love each and every one of you - no exceptions!
    Last edited by BuddyRey; 11-24-2009 at 02:02 PM.

2. Remove this section of ads by registering.
    I hear ya.

All the libertarian types I know in real life get along with each other just fine, are respectful of your opinions and don't bite your head off if you disagree with them.

I only had one experience with someone in a group discussion at a Ron Paul event, where he seemed to throw out insults every five seconds and try to actively find things to disagree with. It was pretty clear to me that he wasn't there to help, but was feeding off of the drama and tension, and trying to be divisive and do as much damage as possible. Of course, on the internet, it seems like there are a LOT more people willing to act like asses than you ever encounter in real life.

Don't let it get you down, the presence of disagreeable people is always exaggerated due to the anonymous nature of the web, and the fact that one person can easily pretend to be many.

But yeah, I love you too, in a non-sexual kind of way lol...
    "Truth will win in the end. We just don't know when the end is. So we have to persevere." ― Carol Paul

BuddyRey, thank you very much for those heartfelt words, you echo exactly how I feel about this place, and all the people here.

Much Love out to all of you.
    The more laws and order are made prominent,
    The more thieves and robbers there will be.
    ~Lao-tzu

"Do not believe anything because it is said by an authority, or if it is said to come from angels, or from Gods, or from an inspired source. Believe it only if you have explored it in your own heart and mind and body and found it to be true."~ Buddha

Quote Originally Posted by BuddyRey View Post
    It seems that tensions run sort of high on these forums sometimes, especially lately; and we get in heated (and unnecessary IMHO) debates about Minarchy vs. Anarchy, Christianity vs. Secularism, politics vs. civil disobedience, etc. etc. etc. I think we all tend to take these minor differences in opinion much too personally, almost as if we're innately hardwired to perpetuate conflict and seek out what divides us rather than what unites us. And I strongly suspect that this natural instinct has been exploited by politicos and establishment types in an effort to splinter a movement they see as an increasingly significant threat.

We are all working for freedom, each of us in his or her own way and to widely differing extents, but the fact that we're working toward a common goal is hard to deny, even when the means we as individuals may choose can diverge. This tendency of each of us to put his or her own stamp or identity onto our movement is the nature of humankind and individuality; hardly a threat, and in fact a big part of what brought us so much success in the '08 race! If we don't want to be done in by these divergences, we have to bridge them, using the only salve by which all divisions are healed, love.

Do you think it's a coincidence that the most cherished standard of the Ron Paul campaign was a sign highlighting the word "love" inside the word "revolution"? A revolution not based on love is a revolution doomed to failure. So, at the risk of sounding corny, I just wanted to let you know that, wherever you stand on any of these hot-button issues, and even if we might have exchanged bitter words or harsh sentiments in the past, I love each and every one of you - no exceptions!
    +1, and likewise
    “If you're on the wrong road, progress means doing an about-turn and walking back to the right road; in that case, the man who turns back soonest is the most progressive.” -CS Lewis

The use of force to impose morality is itself immoral, and generosity with others' money is still theft.

If our society were a forum, congress would be the illiterate troll that somehow got a hold of the only ban hammer.

I 3vol ya, man!
    "I'm thinkin' we'll rise again"

As to the part I've highlighted above:

Years ago L. Neil Smith put forth a theory that makes sense to me, and tends to explain the kinds of conflict you're alluding to in your post. The idea goes something like this:

As a result of the coercive political systems we all live under, everything we love and cherish, everything we've worked our whole lives to build, accomplish or acquire is "on the line" all the time. All it takes to destroy everything we've worked for, or to steal from us everything we love and cherish is a simple vote of 50% +1. While most people don't really realize it on a conscious level, it seems that almost everyone does understand it innately, on a subconscious level. We all seem to understand that "that other guy right there" could ultimately be the +1 it takes to literally demolish everything we hold dear.

As a result, every discussion on any topic ultimately becomes a political discussion, and all political discussions become life and death struggles for survival. This is pretty much a guarantee that there will be a constant, underlying feeling of hostility toward others who don't share our own personal political ideals. After all, "that guy" may be that +1.

It isn't that we're "hard wired to perpetuate conflict." It's that we're hard wired for survival, and our survival is constantly "on the line."

Just a few thoughts I had on the subject.
    Chris

"Government ... does not exist of necessity, but rather by virtue of a tragic, almost comical combination of klutzy, opportunistic terrorism against sitting ducks whom it pretends to shelter, plus our childish phobia of responsibility, praying to be exempted from the hard reality of life on life's terms." Wolf DeVoon

"...Make America Great Again. I'm interested in making American FREE again. Then the greatness will come automatically."Ron Paul

Quote Originally Posted by CCTelander View Post

Years ago L. Neil Smith put forth a theory that makes sense to me, and tends to explain the kinds of conflict you're alluding to in your post. The idea goes something like this:

As a result of the coercive political systems we all live under, everything we love and cherish, everything we've worked our whole lives to build, accomplish or acquire is "on the line" all the time. All it takes to destroy everything we've worked for, or to steal from us everything we love and cherish is a simple vote of 50% +1. While most people don't really realize it on a conscious level, it seems that almost everyone does understand it innately, on a subconscious level. We all seem to understand that "that other guy right there" could ultimately be the +1 it takes to literally demolish everything we hold dear.

As a result, every discussion on any topic ultimately becomes a political discussion, and all political discussions become life and death struggles for survival. This is pretty much a guarantee that there will be a constant, underlying feeling of hostility toward others who don't share our own personal political ideals. After all, "that guy" may be that +1.

It isn't that we're "hard wired to perpetuate conflict." It's that we're hard wired for survival, and our survival is constantly "on the line."

Great points. I had some similarish thoughts when discussing politics with my family. Maybe I'll post what I said in the philosophy forum.
    “If you're on the wrong road, progress means doing an about-turn and walking back to the right road; in that case, the man who turns back soonest is the most progressive.” -CS Lewis

The use of force to impose morality is itself immoral, and generosity with others' money is still theft.

If our society were a forum, congress would be the illiterate troll that somehow got a hold of the only ban hammer.

10. Remove this section of ads by registering.
    Awwww! I can feel the love! Back at ya, bro! ~hugs~

Quote Originally Posted by Torchbearer
    what works can never be discussed online. there is only one language the government understands, and until the people start speaking it by the magazine full... things will remain the same.
    Hear/buy my music here "government is the enemy of liberty"-RP Support me on Patreon here Ephesians 6:12

you're my boy, BuddeyRey.
    The ultimate minority is the individual. Protect the individual from Democracy and you will protect all groups of individuals
    Rightful liberty is unobstructed action according to our will within limits drawn around us by the equal rights of others. I do not add 'within the limits of the law' because law is often but the tyrant's will, and always so when it violates the rights of the individual. - Thomas Jefferson
    I must not fear. Fear is the mind-killer. Fear is the little-death that brings total obliteration. I will face my fear. I will permit it to pass over me and through me. And when it has gone past I will turn the inner eye to see its path. Where the fear has gone there will be nothing. Only I will remain.

- Bene Gesserit Litany Against Fear

Quote Originally Posted by tremendoustie View Post
    Great points. I had some similarish thoughts when discussing politics with my family. Maybe I'll post what I said in the philosophy forum.
    Thanks. Maybe it's worth starting a new thread?
    Chris

"Government ... does not exist of necessity, but rather by virtue of a tragic, almost comical combination of klutzy, opportunistic terrorism against sitting ducks whom it pretends to shelter, plus our childish phobia of responsibility, praying to be exempted from the hard reality of life on life's terms." Wolf DeVoon

"...Make America Great Again. I'm interested in making American FREE again. Then the greatness will come automatically."Ron Paul

Quote Originally Posted by CCTelander View Post

Very good point! Yeah, I think it's more political conditioning than any purely natural drive. But humans have been cursed with politics for so many eons now that it becomes kind of a "chicken and egg" scenario and hard to perceive which institution spawned the other; strife and conflict, or government?

I take back some what I said. I love most of you but NOT ALL OF YOU!

Openly Straight Man, Danke, Awarded Top Rated Influencer

Ⅎ˥ƎSWIH ˥˥I⋊ ⊥,NᗡIᗡ N
    IƎ⊥SԀƎ

Quiz: Test Your "Income" Tax IQ!

Short Income Tax Video

The Income Tax Is An Excise, And Excise Taxes Are Privilege Taxes

The Federalist Papers, No. 15:

Except as to the rule of appointment, the United States have an indefinite discretion to make requisitions for men and money; but they have no authority to raise either by regulations extending to the individual citizens of America.

Truth be told I don't "Love" each and everyone of you.

I swore off contentious threads since the "Gawd said we should kill all ******s unless they repent thread. I shoulda knew better than to reply to that one.

"Love" is an emotion I hold for those I physically know. Those that have been through some kinda "$#@!" with me and come out the other side. Family don't even hold that rank.

Sorry for crashing a "touchy feely" affair.

What I will give is RESPECT for the many views, even in opposition to mine, that I find here.

Thanks.

19. Remove this section of ads by registering.

<3 reminders are always welcome

... Wow that link changed through the years.
    Last edited by Danke; 06-12-2015 at 09:18 PM.
    Openly Straight Man, Danke, Awarded Top Rated Influencer

Ⅎ˥ƎSWIH ˥˥I⋊ ⊥,NᗡIᗡ N
    IƎ⊥SԀƎ

Quiz: Test Your "Income" Tax IQ!

Short Income Tax Video

The Income Tax Is An Excise, And Excise Taxes Are Privilege Taxes

The Federalist Papers, No. 15:

Except as to the rule of appointment, the United States have an indefinite discretion to make requisitions for men and money; but they have no authority to raise either by regulations extending to the individual citizens of America.

A man is real that is how he feels.

Quote Originally Posted by phill4paul View Post
    Truth be told I don't "Love" each and everyone of you.

I swore off contentious threads since the "Gawd said we should kill all ******s unless they repent thread. I shoulda knew better than to reply to that one.

"Love" is an emotion I hold for those I physically know. Those that have been through some kinda "$#@!" with me and come out the other side. Family don't even hold that rank.

Sorry for crashing a "touchy feely" affair.

What I will give is RESPECT for the many views, even in opposition to mine, that I find here.

Thanks.
    There's love and there's love . Do you care about the well being of those here? I think that would qualify.

To a degree, I believe we should try to love all people.

Nice Post !

Quote Originally Posted by tremendoustie View Post
    There's love and there's love . Do you care about the well being of those here? I think that would qualify.

To a degree, I believe we should try to love all people.
    If given enough time I come to respect others. "Love" is too strong a feeling to just throw around for me.

So I guess it comes down to definition and there I will agree to disagree and RESPECT your belief.

Quote Originally Posted by phill4paul View Post
    If given enough time I come to respect others. "Love" is too strong a feeling to just throw around for me.

So I guess it comes down to definition and there I will agree to disagree and RESPECT your belief.
    Fair enough dearest

Bump for post-Rand win euphoria!

28. Remove this section of ads by registering.
    I love each and every poster who has posted in this thread thus far.

This will continue until one of the $#@!s I can't stand posts here.
    Quote Originally Posted by President John F. Kennedy
    And we must face the fact that the United States is neither omnipotent nor omniscient. That we are only 6% of the world's population, and that we cannot impose our will upon the other 94% of mankind. That we cannot right every wrong or reverse each adversity, and that therefore there cannot be an American solution to every world problem.
    I need an education in US history, from the ground up. Can you help point me to a comprehensive, unbiased, scholarly resource?

Quote Originally Posted by Mini-Me View Post
    I love each and every poster who has posted in this thread thus far.

This will continue until one of the $#@!s I can't stand posts here.
    LOL! Let's hope that doesn't happen!

That is something that I missed in the very early days. I actually paid no attention. Just thought it was a cool design. But that has come to mean a lot to me. It is a bit hippie, for sure, but the hippies weren't all too bad. LOVE is a wonderful thing! Thanks for pointing that out.

...love you too!
    Washington doesn't change Rand Paul. Rand Paul changes Washington.

I thought this was gonna be an "I'm drunk" or "I'm high" thread...
    1776 > 1984

The FAILURE of the United States Government to operate and maintain an
    Honest Money System , which frees the ordinary man from the clutches of the money manipulators, is the single largest contributing factor to the World's current Economic Crisis.

The Elimination of Privacy is the Architecture of Genocide

Belief, Money, and Violence are the three ways all people are controlled

Quote Originally Posted by Zippyjuan View Post
    Our central bank is not privately owned.

Man up wussies!

I propose we buy each other hypothetical drinks so we're not so sissy in this endeavor.

A round of Newcastle on me!

(3vol) to the nth

Still stoked from last night!
    Liberty, of course, has her price in blood, if we do not suppport her when she is in trouble.

Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast