Thread: Mishkin: Ron Paul’s Auditing Bill Is an Outright Attack on Fed’s Independence

Mishkin: Ron Paul’s Auditing Bill Is an Outright Attack on Fed’s Independence

Auditing the Federal Reserve’s decision-making process poses a serious threat to the economy, former Federal Reserve official Frederic Mishkin told CNBC.
    “This is I think the most serious attack that I have seen on the Federal Reserve in the many, many years that I’ve studied it as a scholar,” said Mishkin, an economist at Columbia Business School. “This is really dangerous stuff.”

According to Mishkin, the legislation being pushed by Congressman Ron Paul is an outright attack on Fed’s independence. He agrees with the notion that the Fed needs to be as transparent as possible in terms of describing its objectives but said “second-guessing them is going to be extremely problematic.”

http://wallstreetpit.com/12400-mishk...s-independence

2. Remove this section of ads by registering.
    $#@! you mishkin go live at the BIS

Quote Originally Posted by Mike Mitrosky View Post
    $#@! you mishkin go live at the BIS
    I don't know what BIS is, but I agree with MM.
    "Your mother's dead, before long I'll be dead, and you...and your brother and your sister and all of her children, all of us dead, all of us..rotting in the ground. It's the family name that lives on. It's all that lives on. Not your personal glory, not your honor, but family." - Tywin Lannister

former Federal Reserve official Frederic Mishkin
    surprise,surprise. What secrets are you hiding, Mr. Mishkin?

Hey Mishkin, i bet you were in favor of the bailouts too, huh? Stimulus as well?
    The bigger government gets, the smaller I wish it was.
    My new motto: More Love, Less Laws

Quote Originally Posted by bobbyw24 View Post
    Auditing the Federal Reserve’s decision-making process poses a serious threat to the economy, former Federal Reserve official Frederic Mishkin told CNBC.
    “This is I think the most serious attack that I have seen on the Federal Reserve in the many, many years that I’ve studied it as a scholar,” said Mishkin, an economist at Columbia Business School. “This is really dangerous stuff.”

According to Mishkin, the legislation being pushed by Congressman Ron Paul is an outright attack on Fed’s independence. He agrees with the notion that the Fed needs to be as transparent as possible in terms of describing its objectives but said “second-guessing them is going to be extremely problematic.”