Thread: No audio after downloading and converting youtube videos

No audio after downloading and converting youtube videos

I have tried various ways to download youtube videos (download helper via firefox, vixy.net) but every time I download and convert, there is no audio. Regardless of what format I convert it to. Is there a trick to downloading/converting a youtube video WITH audio? Thanks.
    Republican Precinct Committeeman, Arizona LD21.

"The two enemies of the people are criminals and government, so let us tie the second down with the chains of the Constitution so the second will not become the legalized version of the first." -Thomas Jefferson

2. Remove this section of ads by registering.
    What type/quality are you downloading it as before conversion? Is there audio before you convert it?

I use the youtube downloader, a standalone application and it works just dandy.
    http://youtubedownload.altervista.org/

Try this

I use YouTube to MP3 Firefox Add on and never have any issue with it

Get it here:

https://addons.mozilla.org/it/firefox/addon/14571

you may just be missing an audio codec
    Quote Originally Posted by acptulsa
    Liberty works best not because liberty is without responsibility, but because responsibility is part of the deal. Capitalism works best not because capitalists love us and want us to be happy, but because the more government you have, the more government they can buy, and if they have no government to buy then all they can do instead is compete--compete to serve us better.
    Quote Originally Posted by Ron Paul
    (╯°□°)╯︵ ʇɔɐ ʇoıɹʇɐd
    I heart BTC! - 1AesnP1c7wyjzJhaKZajkixo9tthZRQzjB

Download this codec pack if you haven't already http://www.free-codecs.com/download/...codec_pack.htm

When downloading video's from youtube I found that it is best to use a firefox extension to do it. I use "Easy Youtube Video Downloader". It downloads the file as an .flv. I then use "Total Video Converter" to convert it to a usable format.

I must not fear. Fear is the mind-killer. Fear is the little-death that brings total obliteration. I will face my fear. I will permit it to pass over me and through me. And when it has gone past I will turn the inner eye to see its path. Where the fear has gone there will be nothing. Only I will remain.

They might be right about the codec issue. I just use the realplayer downloading tool to download videos off YT. It's pretty easy and it also lets you convert to .wmv and other formats
    We need immigrants in this country. What we don't need is politicians. Get rid of them! - Peter Schiff