Thread: Rand Paul vs. Mongiardo in Louisville (photos)

Thumbs up Rand Paul vs. Mongiardo in Louisville (photos)

Just got back from an event earlier today in Louisville between both Rand and Mongiardo. And just as with the last event I posted, here are some photos from the event that I would like to share with you all. You can find even more on my Flickr, here.

Mongiardo realizing how lame his speech was compared to Rand's.

I was also able to meet with TruthisTreason at the event, and exchange a few laughs before the event was underway. It was great to meet a fellow patriot.

And I know that TruthisTreason was also able to capture Rand's entire speech, and Q&A, he unfortunately didn't get to see Mongiardo totally demolish Benjamin Franklin's famous statement (Those who sacrifice Liberty for Security deserve neither.) and then claim it was a statement by Thomas Jefferson. I could hardly keep myself from bursting out laughing. Hopefully someone else who was recording the event will post it on YouTube, as I saw two other cameras in the audience.

But anyway, in the meantime of TruthisTreason hopefully uploading his video of the event, you can find high resolution versions, and approximately 15 more photos I took at the event here.
    Last edited by Gage; 11-12-2009 at 10:00 PM.
    "We have nothing to fear except our own unwillingness to defend what is naturally ours, our God-given rights. We have nothing to fear that should cause us to forget or relinquish our rights as free men and women. To thrive, we must believe in ourselves again, and we must never, never trade our liberty for any fleeting promise of security." - Rand Paul

2. Remove this section of ads by registering.
    Ugh wish I could of got to go, but alas I had work. Only 5 minutes away from me too. Did they actually get to debate?
    Last edited by Jeremy Tyler; 11-12-2009 at 08:34 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by Jeremy Tyler View Post
    Ugh wish I could of got to go, but alas I had work. Only 5 minutes away from me too. Did they actually get to debate?
    Unfortunately, they had it set up to where they each got 30 minutes to speak and field questions. So they didn't get to directly respond to each other, but Mongiardo threw in a few unneeded punches at Rand, which is the consequence of Rand going first due to Dan's lateness.
    "We have nothing to fear except our own unwillingness to defend what is naturally ours, our God-given rights. We have nothing to fear that should cause us to forget or relinquish our rights as free men and women. To thrive, we must believe in ourselves again, and we must never, never trade our liberty for any fleeting promise of security." - Rand Paul

Yuck. Mongiardo eyebrows are plucked too well.
    ================
    Open Borders: A Libertarian Reappraisal or why only dumbasses and cultural marxists are for it.

Cultural Marxism: The Corruption of America

The Property Basis of Rights

Quote Originally Posted by LibertyEagle View Post
    He seemed to have on guy-liner as well .

Just kidding.

SUR-PRIZE!!!!!

Wink

Wow! Nothing like 1024x768 up close resolution of everyone's nose hairs!

__________________________________________________ ________________
    "A politician will do almost anything to keep their job, even become a patriot" - Hearst

Libertarians - trying to improve the world through ideas and free markets rather than legislation and prisons.

10. Remove this section of ads by registering.
    Quote Originally Posted by Matt Collins View Post
    Wow! Nothing like 1024x768 up close resolution of everyone's nose hairs!

Hahaa, you shoulda seen what was up Mongiardo's nose before I retouched his nostrils.

Quote Originally Posted by Gage View Post
    And I know that TruthisTreason was also able to capture Rand's entire speech, and Q&A, he unfortunately didn't get to see Mongiardo totally demolish Benjamin Franklin's famous statement (Those who sacrifice Liberty for Security deserve neither.) and then claim it was a statement by Thomas Jefferson. I could hardly keep myself from bursting out laughing. .
    They who can give up essential liberty to obtain a little temporary safety, deserve neither liberty nor safety.

* This was written by Franklin, with quotation marks but almost certainly his original thought, sometime shortly before February 17, 1775 as part of his notes for a proposition at the Pennsylvania Assembly, as published in Memoirs of the life and writings of Benjamin Franklin (1818). A variant of this was published as:
    o Those who would give up Essential Liberty to purchase a little Temporary Safety, deserve neither Liberty nor Safety.
    + This was used as a motto on the title page of An Historical Review of the Constitution and Government of Pennsylvania. (1759); the book was published by Franklin; its author was Richard Jackson, but Franklin did claim responsibility for some small excerpts that were used in it.
    * An earlier variant by Franklin in Poor Richard's Almanack (1738): "Sell not virtue to purchase wealth, nor Liberty to purchase power."
    "You know not what you are given, but forever will you know what has been taken away from you..."

"As long as we live beyond our means we are destined to live beneath our means." - Ron Paul at a CNBC Debate in Michigan (10/09/07)

Talking

Hahaa, you shoulda seen what was up Mongiardo's nose before I retouched his nostrils.
    Be sure to keep an unedited version of that for the primary
    "A politician will do almost anything to keep their job, even become a patriot" - Hearst

Be sure to keep an unedited version of that for the primary
    Hah, well here's the unedited version .

Last edited by Gage; 11-13-2009 at 02:42 PM.

Question

Is that for real?!?!?!?

oh goodness...why'd you post that.....now i'm going to have to delete 500 matt collins spamming posts with some stupid caption about boogers.
    "Your mother's dead, before long I'll be dead, and you...and your brother and your sister and all of her children, all of us dead, all of us..rotting in the ground. It's the family name that lives on. It's all that lives on. Not your personal glory, not your honor, but family." - Tywin Lannister

Quote Originally Posted by Cowlesy View Post
    oh goodness...why'd you post that.....now i'm going to have to delete 500 matt collins spamming posts with some stupid caption about boogers.
    In all seriousness, no more pic spamming, Matt.

Thanks.

Quote Originally Posted by JoshLowry View Post
    In all seriousness, no more pic spamming, Matt.

Thanks.
    Fail on my part -- he already saw it and posted before I hit Send -- kind of a funny coincidence though
    "Your mother's dead, before long I'll be dead, and you...and your brother and your sister and all of her children, all of us dead, all of us..rotting in the ground. It's the family name that lives on. It's all that lives on. Not your personal glory, not your honor, but family." - Tywin Lannister

19. Remove this section of ads by registering.

Wink

Quote Originally Posted by Cowlesy View Post
    Not until at least the general race

Is that for real?!?!?!?
    Yes. I feel ashamed for posting it now .
    Last edited by Gage; 11-13-2009 at 04:59 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by Abraham View Post
    Replace that Rand pick on his wikipedia.
    I did try to actually, but was reverted by some random IP person. Which one did you have in mind specifically?

Edit: And I'll be in Henderson in December for Rand Paul, so if none of these are good enough for the Wiki, I'll try to get some more photos when I'm at that event as well .

Waiting with baited breath for TruthisTreason to post his video...

Quote Originally Posted by Nathan Hale View Post
    Waiting with baited breath for TruthisTreason to post his video...
    Me too, hopefully tonight. Gotta get my fix.

That is a real nose-nugget.

Quote Originally Posted by Abraham View Post
    The second one is awesome
    Okay, I added it to his article.

28. Remove this section of ads by registering.
    Okay, I added it to his article.
    Hah, well..nevermind.

Oh well, I'll get some more pics of Rand in December. Hopefully there will be a bit better lighting next time so I don't have to use my flash the whole time...
    Last edited by Gage; 11-13-2009 at 11:43 PM.

Last edited by Gage; 11-14-2009 at 01:58 PM.

Last edited by Gage; 11-14-2009 at 01:55 PM.