Page 1 of 4 123 ... LastLast

Thread: DC Sniper is getting executed tonight...

DC Sniper is getting executed tonight...

Somehow - I lack ANY sympathy for him...

-t

2. Remove this section of ads by registering.
    I oppose the death penalty, but you are not going to find any sympathy here either.
    Truth forever on the scaffold, Wrong forever on the throne,--
    Yet that scaffold sways the future, and, behind the dim unknown,
    Standeth God within the shadow, keeping watch above his own.
    ‫‬‫‬

I oppose the death penalty. I'll light a candle or something.

People like him are the reason we have the death penalty. The high profile killers mask the inequities and dangers of the system.

Probably another MKULTRA victim.

Quote Originally Posted by angelatc View Post
    That sounds about right. Hope he finds a better place and if there is reincarnation comes back as someone less misguided - someone that doesn't destroy families lives and send an entire region into terror and fear.

Tangents wanders off to light a candle (for his soul) - but still thinks the SOB is getting what he deserves!

-t

Quote Originally Posted by axiomata View Post
    I oppose the death penalty, but you are not going to find any sympathy here either.
    +1
    "One of the great victories of the state, is that the word "Anarchy" terrifies people but, the word "State" does not" - Tom Woods

Quote Originally Posted by axiomata View Post
    I feel the same way.
    Pfizer Macht Frei!

Openly Straight Man, Danke, Awarded Top Rated Influencer. Community Standards Enforcer.

Quiz: Test Your "Income" Tax IQ!

Short Income Tax Video

The Income Tax Is An Excise, And Excise Taxes Are Privilege Taxes

The Federalist Papers, No. 15:

Except as to the rule of appointment, the United States have an indefinite discretion to make requisitions for men and money; but they have no authority to raise either by regulations extending to the individual citizens of America.

Quote Originally Posted by angelatc View Post

People like him are the reason we have the death penalty. The high profile killers mask the inequities and dangers of the system.
    I oppose the death penalty, but I'm with axiomata here: I won't be lighting any candles, and I have no sympathy for him.

You make a very insightful point though, which is why I wanted to quote your post.
    Quote Originally Posted by President John F. Kennedy
    And we must face the fact that the United States is neither omnipotent nor omniscient. That we are only 6% of the world's population, and that we cannot impose our will upon the other 94% of mankind. That we cannot right every wrong or reverse each adversity, and that therefore there cannot be an American solution to every world problem.
    I need an education in US history, from the ground up. Can you help point me to a comprehensive, unbiased, scholarly resource?

10. Remove this section of ads by registering.

Prolonged Justice

He should have been executed years ago. Whatever happened to restitution and justice for the dead victims?
    "Then David said to the Philistine, 'You come to me with a sword, a spear, and a javelin, but I come to you in the name of Yahweh of hosts, the God of the battle lines of Israel, Whom you have reproached.'" - 1 Samuel 17:45

"May future generations look back on our work and say that these were men and women who, in moment of great crisis, stood up to their politicians, the opinion-makers, and the Establishment, and saved their country." - Dr. Ron Paul

I have no sympathy for this guy either. I hope he finds salvation in Jesus Christ and repents for what he has done. As far as the death penalty, I am really on the border. The only reason I would want to oppose it is because of the government abusing it in a power grab. However, if we didn't have a corrupt government capable of such actions, I would be perfectly fine with a death penalty. Problem is I can't trust them. Any one else feel similarly.

I support the death penalty.

Quote Originally Posted by Flash View Post
    So you support murdering innocent people? That's cool.. I guess
    "He's talkin' to his gut like it's a person!!" -me
    "dumpster diving isn't professional." - angelatc
    "You don't need a medical degree to spot obvious bullshit, that's actually a separate skill." -Scott Adams
    "When you are divided, and angry, and controlled, you target those 'different' from you, not those responsible [controllers]" -Q

"Each of us must choose which course of action we should take: education, conventional political action, or even peaceful civil disobedience to bring about necessary changes. But let it not be said that we did nothing." - Ron Paul

"Paul said "the wave of the future" is a coalition of anti-authoritarian progressive Democrats and libertarian Republicans in Congress opposed to domestic surveillance, opposed to starting new wars and in favor of ending the so-called War on Drugs."

They should have locked him in a hole for the next 50 years of his life with no access to the outside world.

I'd rather he rot, than get the easy way out.
    "Your mother's dead, before long I'll be dead, and you...and your brother and your sister and all of her children, all of us dead, all of us..rotting in the ground. It's the family name that lives on. It's all that lives on. Not your personal glory, not your honor, but family." - Tywin Lannister

Burn him.
    If you can convict me of the same or a similar crime, burn me to.
    Pandora's box is not only open but its sides have been split with a razor and it now resides in a dumpster.

Quote Originally Posted by Dieseler View Post
    Burn him.
    If you can convict me of the same or a similar crime, burn me to.
    Even if you didn't do it?

Why are you so adamant about him facing justice in this life when you know full well he will receive divine justice in the after-life? I mean, ya, keep him the hell away from me, keep him in jail, but I have no reason to see him die.
    "You don't need a medical degree to spot obvious bullshit, that's actually a separate skill." -Scott Adams
    "When you are divided, and angry, and controlled, you target those 'different' from you, not those responsible [controllers]" -Q

"Each of us must choose which course of action we should take: education, conventional political action, or even peaceful civil disobedience to bring about necessary changes. But let it not be said that we did nothing." - Ron Paul

"Paul said "the wave of the future" is a coalition of anti-authoritarian progressive Democrats and libertarian Republicans in Congress opposed to domestic surveillance, opposed to starting new wars and in favor of ending the so-called War on Drugs."

Account Restricted. Admin to review account standing

Quote Originally Posted by Flash View Post
    In theory, I support the concept of the death penalty but the system we currently have is so inefficient and wasteful. IMHO When an individual breaks the social contract and knowingly commits a heinous crime of irreparable harm on another innocent individual, you forfeit your rights. We all have a choice and if you want deprive others of their life, liberty and pursuit of happiness, then step right up to the guillotine.

19. Remove this section of ads by registering.
    I used to be for the death penalty, but I now oppose it. too many innocent people executed. It's worse to rot in jail for the rest of one's life too.

Oh and remember that DNA evidence can be faked now too.

I use to be pro death penalty, but I no longer trust the State to make the correct decision, or provide jurors real facts.

They can barely run medicare and social security. I certainly do not trust them with the death penalty.
    "Your mother's dead, before long I'll be dead, and you...and your brother and your sister and all of her children, all of us dead, all of us..rotting in the ground. It's the family name that lives on. It's all that lives on. Not your personal glory, not your honor, but family." - Tywin Lannister

Quote Originally Posted by dannno View Post
    Even if you didn't do it?

Why are you so adamant about him facing justice in this life when you know full well he will receive divine justice in the after-life? I mean, ya, keep him the hell away from me, keep him in jail, but I have no reason to see him die.
    I assume you would have evidence.
    That's the way it usually works.

He's taking up too much space Danno.
    They need that room for incarcerated pot heads.
    Last edited by Dieseler; 11-10-2009 at 06:08 PM.
    Pandora's box is not only open but its sides have been split with a razor and it now resides in a dumpster.

You guys must realize that in a society like ours, if the excrement were to hit the fan there would be two options for prison operators to carry out in regards to the majority of inmates in American prisons.

How long has this guy sit on death row for a crime(s) (murder(s)(Multiple) that there is no doubt he committed?
    Why did he have to suffer so long on our dime behind bars?
    Last edited by Dieseler; 11-10-2009 at 06:10 PM.

So you support murdering innocent people? That's cool.. I guess
    People who get the death penalty have been tried in the court of law and found not to be innocent. Now you can claim that mistakes can be made, but when it is clear no mistake has been made the person is far from innocent. I have no problem with this man being removed from society for his actions. I will lose no sleep.
    Libertarians - trying to improve the world through ideas and free markets rather than legislation and prisons.

I assume you would have evidence.
    That's the way it usually works.

Quote Originally Posted by Cowlesy View Post
    I use to be pro death penalty, but I no longer trust the State to make the correct decision, or provide jurors real facts.

They can barely run medicare and social security. I certainly do not trust them with the death penalty.

Quote Originally Posted by ghengis86 View Post
    Oh and remember that DNA evidence can be faked now too.

Quote Originally Posted by Bman View Post
    People who get the death penalty have been tried in the court of law and found not to be innocent. Now you can claim that mistakes can be made, but when it is clear no mistake has been made the person is far from innocent. I have no problem with this man being removed from society for his actions. I will lose no sleep.
    No, many mistakes HAVE BEEN MADE. Period.

That's why I don't support the death penalty. There is no way to discern between which cases we can be certain about and which we cannot..

Though, I'm probably not going to lose much sleep over this one, I just happen to disagree with what they are doing in general. Some of the shootings took place a few blocks from where my cousins were living. I also have no problem with them locking him away for life, that's what I'd prefer in case some evidence came forward some how that he wasn't the one who did it.. I'm not familiar enough with the case to determine whether this guy is 100% guilty or not.
    Last edited by dannno; 11-10-2009 at 06:15 PM.

I often say what a jerk my husband was, but at that time even he grew a chivalrous backbone. Strange times. My bosses commended me for going down the block to get the mail out of the communal mailbox. They thought it was the bravest thing; all along the walkway to the mailbox was this shrubbery that ran parallel to the sidewalk and beyond that was a half-abandoned synagogue with a big parking lot. It would have been easy for someone to park there and shoot. My husband gased up the car, and most ladies were in their vehicles while the men were looking around at the gas stations.

I remember waking up one morning to ridiculous amounts of activity, and finding out that the kid had been shot down the street from our apartment. It wasn't a scruffy area, either. Every time the news would come on, someone was shot in a place that was familiar to me. I said it then and I'll repeat it now: people, at the time, were way more panicked than they had been right after 9/11. People were getting shot doing the most basic and innocent things. There was no fanfare, no preamble... just one moment mowing the lawn, another moment dead. People were giving up their rights and cowering, and mass-hysteria led to the pulling over of nearly every white van in existance (it turns out the white van was just a coincidence).

I think it's perfectly fair the kid gets to rot in jail, and while I'm against the death penalty the way it's currently applied I think it should exist for persons who confess and against whom there is a large amount of evidence. Note I say both, because people do confess falsely, or are coerced into it, and evidence is never as perfect as the movies make it seem. This guy was very obviously guilty. I don't care if he wants to die or not, or if it's better or worse to rot in jail. Some family members probably want him to live out his days growing old and feeble without any freedoms. Some probably would cry every night knowing this waste of flesh was still breathing the air while their loved one has been long-since dead. Can't base it on that.

Anyhow, good riddance and (for once) a fairly easy "case closed".

28. Remove this section of ads by registering.
    Ask yourself this...

Is supporting the death penalty worth murdering even one innocent life ? Should an innocent die so that the guilty could be put down like the "dogs" they are? Because the facts are; that even though they might be convicted, statistically at least one innocent has been executed.

If you can answer yes to that question, you should take a good look at yourself and reevaluate your desire to participate in the political system in this country.

Such is life in the great society.
    We breed a lot and sometimes our spawn grow into monsters who deserve to be taken out and shot.
    Look at Congress for example.
    Life is not fair.

How long has this guy sit on death row for a crime(s) (murder(s)(Multiple) that there is no doubt he committed?
    Why did he have to suffer so long on our dime behind bars?
    Due to appeals, which are apart of the legal system, it costs more to execute someone than to lock them away for the rest of their lives.

Account Restricted. Admin to review account standing

Quote Originally Posted by paulpwns View Post
    Ask yourself this...

Is supporting the death penalty worth murdering even one innocent life ? Should an innocent die so that the guilty could be put down like the "dogs" they are? Because the facts are; that even though they might be convicted, statistically at least one innocent has been executed.

If you can answer yes to that question, you should take a good look at yourself and reevaluate your desire to participate in the political system in this country.

Where does this argument leave the pro-choice people?

People live a long time.
    Why house people that murder other people for a long time?
    If you do that in every case eventually new homes will be built with their own prison cells so familys can hold their own members for life sentences.

Due to appeals, which are apart of the legal system, it costs more to execute someone than to lock them away for the rest of their lives.
    This should be fixed then.
    This cats been sucking up our good air for far too many years now.
    You would think that the climate critters would point this out.
    Look at all the carbon this guy expelled for no good reason.

Page 1 of 4 123 ... LastLast