Thread: Barry Manilow, who donated $2,300 to Ron Paul, donated $100,000 to LA schools

Red face Barry Manilow, who donated $2,300 to Ron Paul, donated $100,000 to LA schools

http://www.examiner.com/x-27692-LA-C...nified-Schools

Legendary vocalist Barry Manilow has donated $100,000 to the Los Angeles Unified School District, and is touted on the LAUSD website for his generosity. In a front page greeting titled 'Thank you Mr. Manilow', Superintendent Ramon C. Cortines thanks Mr. Manilow for the donation, which will go to purchase "clarinets, flutes, saxophones, trumpets, trombones and other instruments".

Manilow, of Woodland Hills CA, made news among Ron Paul supporters when it was noted that he donated $2300 to Ron Paul's presidential campaign in 2007. Manilow also donated to four Democractic presidential contenders Obama, Clinton, Biden and Edwards.
    I'm not sure what they all have in common besides wanting to get the troops out of Iraq, or at least saying that they supported withdrawing troops.
    "That's one thing about freedom; you have to tolerate the nonsense too." - Ron Paul

2. Remove this section of ads by registering.
    Quote Originally Posted by Knightskye View Post
    http://www.examiner.com/x-27692-LA-C...nified-Schools

I'm not sure what they all have in common besides wanting to get the troops out of Iraq, or at least saying that they supported withdrawing troops.
    its gotta be the war issue
    Quote Originally Posted by acptulsa
    Liberty works best not because liberty is without responsibility, but because responsibility is part of the deal. Capitalism works best not because capitalists love us and want us to be happy, but because the more government you have, the more government they can buy, and if they have no government to buy then all they can do instead is compete--compete to serve us better.
    Quote Originally Posted by Ron Paul
    (╯°□°)╯︵ ʇɔɐ ʇoıɹʇɐd
    I heart BTC! - 1AesnP1c7wyjzJhaKZajkixo9tthZRQzjB

he made it throuuuuuugh the raiiiin...

Manilow is one of the hardest working entertainers around. not my thing but I respect him. he went bankrupt once due to bad advice, incredible story he has.

I hope he is a client of Peter Schiff now and invests his money with him :-)

Oh Ron Paul, you came n' you gave without takin', but we sentchu awayyyyyy
    Beware of these Obama supporters: ProBlue33, newbitech, libertarian4321, Kade, Electronicmajji, SeanEdwards,

Direct donation I can appreciate. I imagine he's also visiting the schools' music programs to encourage them. The ability of guest clinicians/musicians at my old high school was very exciting to experience.

I wonder what his thoughts are on Obama now it's obvious his integrity (particularly re keeping out of other nations' military affairs) failed post-election as Bush's did.

Quote Originally Posted by itshappening View Post
    Manilow is one of the hardest working entertainers around. not my thing but I respect him. he went bankrupt once due to bad advice, incredible story he has.
    Gotta love wiki

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Barry_Manilow

Never knew anything about him before except for that Mandy song

I don't think it was so much a war issue as just him wanting to use his money for something. I have a lot of respect for those that use their money to help out schools through donations being a teacher, especially those that give money to those subjects that NCLB ignores... you know, like the ones that will actually help the kids later on in life.
    Quote Originally Posted by me3 View Post
    Sounds like you guys are guilty of conspiracy to commit Liberty.

10. Remove this section of ads by registering.
    Maybe he would be interested in donating to Dr. Rand Paul as well?
    "I'm not just trying to win or get elected. I am trying to change the course of history" - Ron Paul

Quote Originally Posted by Bruno View Post
    Maybe he would be interested in donating to Dr. Rand Paul as well?
    Rand does not have the same noticeable anti-war rhetoric that Ron has.
    tu ne cede malis

Quote Originally Posted by Krippy View Post
    Rand does not have the same noticeable anti-war rhetoric that Ron has.
    Right. Ron Paul had that great moment at the Iowa debate when he said, "We just marched in; we can just march home."
    "That's one thing about freedom; you have to tolerate the nonsense too." - Ron Paul

$100k donation? Just a writeoff for Barry's Copa... Copa Cabana
    The American Dream, Wake Up People, This is our country! <===click

"All eyes are opened, or opening to the rights of man, let the annual return of this day(July 4th), forever refresh our recollections of these rights, and an undiminished devotion to them."
    Thomas Jefferson
    June 1826

Rock The World!
    USAF Veteran