Thread: Peter Schiff on Fox Business Gold soon at $5000 or more (video)

2. Remove this section of ads by registering.

Peter was great as usual...........

question:

if the value of the dollar plummets,
    and gold rises to $5000

who would buy the gold?
    if everyone started selling once it reached that amount,
    wouldn't the price drop dramatically?
    "You know not what you are given, but forever will you know what has been taken away from you..."

"As long as we live beyond our means we are destined to live beneath our means." - Ron Paul at a CNBC Debate in Michigan (10/09/07)

Quote Originally Posted by 0zzy View Post
    and gold rises to $5000

who would buy the gold?
    Those trying to get out of dollars before gold goes to $10,000.

question:

and gold rises to $5000

who would buy the gold?
    if everyone started selling once it reached that amount,
    wouldn't the price drop dramatically?
    Why would people start selling at 5000? If the dollar is falling people would keep buying gold regardless of the price. In the 1970s gold went from around $40 to over $800. People didn't start selling until the dollar stabilized in the 80s.

When does the price of silver start to rise with gold?

Goldman Sachs doing God's work.

Quote Originally Posted by jim49er View Post
    When does the price of silver start to rise with gold?

Goldman Sachs doing God's work.
    $12/oz at the start of the year to now ain't exactly "nothing".
    "The journalist is one who separates the wheat from the chaff, and then prints the chaff." - Adlai Stevenson

“I tell you that virtue does not come from money: but from virtue comes money and all other good things to man, both to the individual and to the state.” - Socrates

10. Remove this section of ads by registering.
    I love the sound of that silver.

It's this poor man's investment.

that dipstick in the purple dress got schooled by Peter

That dipstick is a bull on the dollar? wtf

It is looking highly unlikely that the dollar is going to turn around. Ben is going to have a hard time explaining a rate increase anytime soon with Keynesian economics.

What we as investors need to look at is the replacement of the dollar. There are a few situations we need to look at. Specifically, just before hyperinflation sets in and after hyperinflation has set in. This new currency will highly likely be global or regional in scope. The bankers will be able to specify how much purchasing power this new currency has. This is what we need to consider.

Also, with global government on the way, we have to seriously consider how free market will function in a global "regulated" market place. Right now we see how this is playing out, because the world's market place is regulated to some degree with the WTO and such, but the dynamics change a bit with a global currency. I think climate change is just a code word for balancing the economy in such a way so nations don't rebel against the global government. For example, setting in place military and other means to take care of the rebellious nations. And trying to please the few nations who might not be so keen on the idea. For example, rich nations paying poor nations for "climate damage" is probably code for "pay me or I won't join the global government club". Or it's, "pay them some dough under the idea of climate change to keep them duped until we're in power."

China has to be on board with this.

Once the global government is in place, I'm wondering what power struggles will happen. It will likely be similar to the GOP and DNC. Both controlled and managed.
    " Anyone can become angry. That is easy. But to be angry with the right person, to the right degree, at the right time, for the right purpose and in the right way - that is not easy." --Aristotle

Nicole is an idiot, who the hell is she? She rolls her eyes as if she's something, did she predict this mess? Was she even old enough to remember 2007? Damn.

And they are still at it. "oh my god" I think I heard as Peter talked. these dolts never learn.
    "You know not what you are given, but forever will you know what has been taken away from you..."

"As long as we live beyond our means we are destined to live beneath our means." - Ron Paul at a CNBC Debate in Michigan (10/09/07)

Nicole is an idiot, who the hell is she? She rolls her eyes as if she's something, did she predict this mess? Was she even old enough to remember 2007? Damn.

And they are still at it. "oh my god" I think I heard as Peter talked. these dolts never learn.
    thats what happens when you get a business degree from some fancy university...

you become stupid...and conceited...

no matter how many times Peter embarasses these fools with his accurate forecasts....they still persist in challenging him

Another great appearance by Peter. I don't have enough money to be an investor in Europac, but following his advice I started buying GLD, GDX, and SLV in Nov 08 when gold was around $800 an oz.

Arklatex

I can't believe they hire these people to be economic experts on TV and they don't even know what GLD is.

19. Remove this section of ads by registering.
    Quote Originally Posted by sofia View Post
    thats what happens when you get a business degree from some fancy university...

you become stupid...and conceited...

no matter how many times Peter embarasses these fools with his accurate forecasts....they still persist in challenging him
    They have to challenge him or it would honestly be boring TV. And honestly, I've quit watching various videos because of it. I don't need to see Paul, Rand, or Schiff give the same spiel over and over again.

I would like to see Schiff explain himself better. Some of the reasonings behind his views. The public doesn't understand.
    " Anyone can become angry. That is easy. But to be angry with the right person, to the right degree, at the right time, for the right purpose and in the right way - that is not easy." --Aristotle

Nice vid... Liz Claman is lookin hot as usual lol

Gold is still just another market that they are able to manipulate though. They can insell gold to themselves and manipulate the price.

The title is misleading, Peter didn't say "soon", he said $5000+ before it's all over... that could be a slow process that takes 15 years, like in the 1930s.
    OP or admins, please remove "soon" from title.

Quote Originally Posted by american.swan View Post
    They have to challenge him or it would honestly be boring TV. And honestly, I've quit watching various videos because of it. I don't need to see Paul, Rand, or Schiff give the same spiel over and over again.

I would like to see Schiff explain himself better. Some of the reasonings behind his views. The public doesn't understand.
    That its how TV works. You get 20 seconds to make your point about a question while there are 2 or 3 other people trying to jump over you with their answer.

It is imposible to give long answers in that environment. I have also stopped watching so many tv clips of Peter Schiff and even Ron Paul, but I dont blame them, that is how tv is.

If you want more information, I recomend you the YT "misesmedia" channel. There are conferences and classes about economics that explain more things and in more detail.