Thread: Countries without a central bank

Countries without a central bank

I've heard that Bush's Axis of Evil - Syria, Iran and North Korea are dubbed that because they're "not controlled by a central bank" Where does this assertion come from because, according to Wikipedia every nation in the world has a central bank except for Andorra and Monaco

2. Remove this section of ads by registering.
    Chester Copperpot

Theyre definitely not central banks under the house of Rothschild..... Panama has no central bank either... but I think the Bush family owns 1/3 of the country so..

What about Switzerland?

How can this be of help to investors here?

Quote Originally Posted by RP4ME View Post
    What about Switzerland?

How can this be of help to investors here?
    Switzerland is home to the central bank of central banks...the Bank For International Settlements. http://www.bis.org/
    I heartily accept the motto, "That government is best which governs least"; and I should like to see it acted up to more rapidly and systematically. Carried out, it finally amounts to this, which also I believe — "That government is best which governs not at all"; and when men are prepared for it, that will be the kind of government which they will have. - Henry David Thoreau

Quote Originally Posted by winston84 View Post
    I've heard that Bush's Axis of Evil - Syria, Iran and North Korea are dubbed that because they're "not controlled by a central bank" Where does this assertion come from because, according to Wikipedia every nation in the world has a central bank except for Andorra and Monaco
    You need to start getting your news from better sources. Some countries have "dollarized" such as Panama which use another country's currency for their own.

Other countries use a currency board where they issue their own currency backed by another country's currency (Hong Kong with the US dollar, Estonia with the DM then the euro) but still keep their seniorage but do not create credit.

Syria, Iran and North Korea all have central banks.
    My review of the For Liberty documentary:
    digg.com/d315eji
    (please Digg and post comments on the HuffPost site)

"This political train-wreck Republicans face can largely be traced to Bush’s philosophical metamorphosis from a traditional, non-interventionist conservative to the neoconservatives’ exemplar of a 'War President', and his positioning of the Republicans as the 'War Party'."

Nicholas Sanchez on Bush's legacy, September 30, 2007.

digg.com/d315eji

"This political train-wreck Republicans face can largely be traced to Bush’s philosophical metamorphosis from a traditional, non-interventionist conservative to the neoconservatives’ exemplar of a 'War President', and his positioning of the Republicans as the 'War Party'."

As far as I can tell, every country everywhere has a central bank.

The two most commonly cited counterexamples, Panama and Guernsey, have currency pegged to the dollar or pound.
    I have my own blog at http://fskrealityguide.blogspot.com/.

Let me know if you like it.

Help control the government population. Have your government spayed or neutered.

Sometimes discussions on this forum get out of hand. If you have any questions about the Federal Reserve, the income tax, or the gold standard, you can PM me or leave a comment on my blog.

Countrys with a central bank that the whole world fleeces?

1. The United States

10. Remove this section of ads by registering.
    I remember hearing something kind of like that somewhere, but can't speak to it's accuracy. Did you mean that those countries wouldn't play ball with the World Bank? That's what I remember hearing, not that they didn't have central banks.

Could it have something to do with usury laws?
    I know that Islam, for instance, specifically forbids usury and trading on credit (go here for excerpts from the Qur'an condemning usury: http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Usury#Qur.27an).

Of course, I suppose you can have central banks that use sound money (that don't have a monetary policy like ours and most others).
    Last edited by richard1984; 10-02-2007 at 04:36 PM.
    Amendment I.
    Congress shall make no law respecting an establishment of religion, or prohibiting the free exercise thereof; or abridging the freedom of speech, or of the press, or the right of the people peaceably to assemble, and to petition the Government for a redress of grievances.

Amendment II.
    A well regulated Militia, being necessary to the security of a free State, the right of the people to keep and bear Arms, shall not be infringed.

I'm not sure about the central bank question but I believe that Syria and Iran are dubbed the Axis of Evil because they're the countries that pose a "threat" to Israel.

During the Clinton administration, Richard Perle, Douglas Feith, and David Wurmser (all Jewish, dual loyalists to Israel) wrote a paper called "A Clean Break" for Benjamin Netenyahu of Israel that called for war with Iraq, Iran, and Syria.

In 2002 Bush called these countries the "axis of evil" (hmm). In 2003 lies about WMDs were provided by the aformentioned Douglas Feith to Colin Powell, then the US forces invaded Iraq. The IDF stayed in Israel.

Now in 2007, Iran is next in "our" sights. Although it may be Iran and Syria simultaneously, it depends on the amount of time the neoconservatives have left in power, and how much they can get away with. Nevertheless, the propaganda is in full sway again. Lies about how Ahmadenijad called for Israel to be "wiped of the map" and how he "denies the Holocaust" are constantly being repeated, over and over again.

Who knows how the rest will unfold? Who wants to know how the rest will unfold? This is why we need Ron Paul and his message.

axis of evil= Iraq, Iran, and North Korea, not syria.

Quote Originally Posted by fsk View Post
    As far as I can tell, every country everywhere has a central bank.

The two most commonly cited counterexamples, Panama and Guernsey, have currency pegged to the dollar or pound.
    No, countries that use another country's currency do not have central banks, certainly not by the usual definition.
    digg.com/d315eji

Quote Originally Posted by Bradley in DC View Post
    Good last link, never knew that.

So - it remains - NO country on earth is not affected (domestically) by a central bank? - yes I know import wise, oil whatever - pegged to US dollar.. but I think you know what I mean..

So there is no country without a central bank, or with a currency pegged to one?
    Better yet - no country that DOES NOT have FIAT currency?

IS there a country with a 100% gold standard? or 100% fractional reserve banking?
    “I will be as harsh as truth, and uncompromising as justice... I am in earnest, I will not equivocate, I will not excuse, I will not retreat a single inch, and I will be heard.” ~ William Lloyd Garrison

Quote Originally Posted by TGGRV View Post
    Conza, why do you even bother? lol.
    Worthy Threads:

Quote Originally Posted by Conza88 View Post
    IS there a country with a 100% gold standard? or 100% fractional reserve banking?
    Why? Are you looking to move?

No Rothschild-controlled central bank? You forgot Libya... oh wait. That just changed.

19. Remove this section of ads by registering.
    In a nutshell - this.

Quote Originally Posted by Mike Mitrosky View Post
    Theyre definitely not central banks under the house of Rothschild..... Panama has no central bank either... but I think the Bush family owns 1/3 of the country so..

Last edited by Jace; 09-21-2011 at 09:07 AM.