Thread: Daniel Hannan resigns from European Parliament post

Daniel Hannan resigns from European Parliament post

The finest virtue of a great thinker is the magnanimity with which, as a man of knowledge, he intrepidly, often with embarrassment, often with sublime mockery – offers himself and his life as a supreme sacrifice.

2. Remove this section of ads by registering.
    "I have never let my schooling interfere with my education." - Mark Twain

"Suppose you were an idiot. And suppose you were a member of Congress. But I repeat myself."
    - Mark Twain

"I'm Ron Paul, I'm a Congressman from Texas serving in my tenth term, I am the champion of the Constitution." 05/03/07 - revolution restarts

Please note that he did not resign as a MEP, just from a post he had recently acquired as the Conservative Party's "European legal spokesman."

"I want open primaries, popular initiative procedures, elected sheriffs, self-financing councils, an end to quangos, recall mechanisms and, yes, referendums – lots and lots of referendums," he wrote.
    "I don't just mean a referndum on Europe - though, naturally, that is the obvious place to start. I mean full-on Helvetic people power... I have returned to the back benches in order to concentrate on building such a movement."
    Hopefully he succeeds.

Hannan blows my mind every time I hear him. Why can't we have more Daniel Hannan's in this world?
    if modern agriculture continues to follow the path it's on now, it's finished. The food-growing situation may seem to be in good shape today, but that's just an illusion based on the current availability of petroleum fuels. All the wheat, corn, and other crops that are produced on big American farms may be alive and growing, but they're not products of real nature or real agriculture. They're manufactured rather than grown. The earth isn't producing those things.. petroleum is! -Masanobu Fukuoka

Quote Originally Posted by BenIsForRon View Post
    Hannan blows my mind every time I hear him. Why can't we have more Daniel Hannan's in this world?
    Wouldn't it be nice to have at least a couple hundred of him in our congress and senate. He's always commenting about how lucky we are to have our Constitution and how our government is basically trying to destroy it. It really says something when a man as smart as him can see what's going on from across the pond when the idiots here can't see it right under their noses....
    "The democracy will cease to exist when you take away from those who are willing to work and give to those who would not." -Thomas Jefferson

Quote Originally Posted by NYgs23 View Post
    Please note that he did not resign as a MEP, just from a post he had recently acquired as the Conservative Party's "European legal spokesman."
    And thus, RPF continues its legacy of completely misleading thread titles.