Thread: Vote on Patriot Act THIS WEDNESDAY! (from EFF)

Exclamation Vote on Patriot Act THIS WEDNESDAY! (from EFF)

http://www.eff.org/action/important-...upport-patriot

This Wednesday, the House Judiciary Committee is expected to consider two bills critical to protecting Americans’ civil liberties against an over-reaching executive branch. The first bill, the USA PATRIOT Amendments Act of 2009, would reform dangerously broad government surveillance powers. The second bill, the State Secret Protection Act of 2009, would place much-needed limits on government assertions of the state secrets privilege in civil lawsuits. If your representative is on the House Judiciary Committee, contact him or her now to insure that these bills make it to the House floor with all of their strong reforms intact. Take a stand against unchecked government spying and secrecy, and send a message to your representative in support of these bills today!
    __________________________________________________ ________________
    "A politician will do almost anything to keep their job, even become a patriot" - Hearst

2. Remove this section of ads by registering.
    bump
    "It is our true policy to steer clear of entangling alliances with any portion of the foreign world. "
    George Washington

"Since the general civilization of mankind, I believe there are more instances of the abridgment of freedom of the people by gradual and silent encroachments of those in power than by violent and sudden usurpations"
    James Madison

"It is our true policy to steer clear of entangling alliances with any portion of the foreign world. "
    George Washington

"Since the general civilization of mankind, I believe there are more instances of the abridgment of freedom of the people by gradual and silent encroachments of those in power than by violent and sudden usurpations"
    James Madison

What was the result of this? Does anyone know?
    "A politician will do almost anything to keep their job, even become a patriot" - Hearst

I like the EFF. There a great organization. Once upon a time when i had more $$$ and my own business i was a small sponsor of their site.

Still have my EFF bulldog shirt though
    RON PAUL 2012!

Question

Quote Originally Posted by s35wf View Post
    Still have my EFF bulldog shirt though
    Pic?

Quote Originally Posted by Matt Collins View Post
    Pic?

Front says underneath "Protecting Your Online Rights Since 1990"

Back has a bunch of the cases they were working on then.

That was when a bunch of stuff was happening w/ the RIAA, MPAA, Decss encryption, etc... The EFF was running what they called their "Blue Ribbon Campaign" and had a bunch of companies sponsoring them with either cash donations, links/buttons to their site, etc.... I really liked & supported them with a little cash & alot of promoting their site on my business site & thru emails at the time.
    Last edited by s35wf; 11-09-2009 at 09:52 PM.
    RON PAUL 2012!

10. Remove this section of ads by registering.
    I'm a moderator, and I'm glad to help. But I'm an individual -- my words come from me. Any idiocy within should reflect on me, not Ron Paul, and not Ron Paul Forums.