Thread: Christian in Somalia Who Refused to Wear Veil is Killed

Christian in Somalia Who Refused to Wear Veil is Killed

I am still on the email list of a Church I used to attend and get these stories of abuse against Christians regularly. I usually ignore it because it is just $#@!ing depressing, but every now and then I'll actually read the article:

http://www.compassdirect.org/english...somalia/11061/

NAIROBI, Kenya, October 27 (CDN) — Three masked members of a militant Islamist group in Somalia last week shot and killed a Somali Christian who declined to wear a veil as prescribed by Muslim custom, according to a Christian source in Somalia...

...It is unknown how many secret Christians there are in Somalia – Compass sources indicate there are no more than 75, while The Economist magazine hedges its estimate at “no more than” 1,000 – but what is certain is that they are in danger from both extremist groups and Somali law. While proclaiming himself a moderate, President Sheikh Sharif Sheikh Ahmed has embraced a version of sharia that mandates the death penalty for those who leave Islam.
    I haven't completely figured out the formula of what the MSM decides to cover and not to cover. I do know that only a month ago there was a thread here from an MSM source about how Israeli settlers burned down Palestinian olive trees. So that's more newsworthy than dead Christians.

2. Remove this section of ads by registering.
    NO one talks about it in our racially challanged media but Christian minorities in other countries have faced biggest brunt of violence since start of global war on terra from Iraq to Somalia and in other regions. Since we can't send troops everywhere, why can't we bring Somali Christian to US if there is violent interfaith tension?

This jpost news gave me this idea and seems like a good solution for Christians in Iraq and Somalia particularly.

http://www.haaretz.com/hasen/spages/1124818.html

Quote Originally Posted by Liberty Star View Post
    NO one talks about it in our racially challanged media but Christian minorities in other countries have faced biggest brunt of violence since start of global war on terra from Iraq to Somalia and in other regions. Since we can't send troops everywhere, why can't we bring Somali Christian to US if there is violent interfaith tension?

This jpost news gave me this idea and seems like a good solution for Christians in Iraq and Somalia particularly.

http://www.haaretz.com/hasen/spages/1124818.html
    This is already happening with the help of some Churches. We are bringing in Christians from countries where they are persecuted. But we can't bring them all in and it is still ongoing. Christians are probably the most persecuted group in the world right now - it just doesn't get much attention.

Quote Originally Posted by BlackTerrel View Post
    This is already happening with the help of some Churches. We are bringing in Christians from countries where they are persecuted. But we can't bring them all in and it is still ongoing. Christians are probably the most persecuted group in the world right now - it just doesn't get much attention.
    Nothing in MSM. Wonder why that media bias is, could it be because our controlled media may have racist bias in that christian minorities of other races don't matter as much in their eyes? Or could they fear that truth will come out that some of the biggest oppressions against christian minorities lately have been taking place in our so called current "ally" countries like Iraq, Israel, Saudi Arabia? While Syria, Jordan opened their doors for persecuted Iraqi Christians, Saudi Arabia and Israel refused to smuggle them in.

Best thing we can do right now is import as many persecuted African and Arab Christians as possible, beyond humane cause that would have very healthy effect on our costly foreign policy by eventually packing more arab and african christians in Congress. Our so called "church going" evangelicals also would have less of a desire to invade other countries to convert people there when they look around in their churches here and find an african christian on the right and an arab christian sitting on their left.

YouTube - Iraqi Christians: Facing Extinction

http://www.youtube.com/results?searc...rch_type=&aq=f

http://www.youtube.com/results?searc...rch_type=&aq=f
    Last edited by Liberty Star; 11-04-2009 at 01:44 AM.

+
    'These things I command you, that you love one another.' - Jesus Christ

Quote Originally Posted by Liberty Star View Post
    While Syria, Jordan opened their doors for persecuted Iraqi Christians, Saudi Arabia and Israel refused to smuggle them in.
    That's probably the reason why things like this don't get much attention in the media, or even in my church! Israel is supposed to be the good guy, and most people don't understand that it's not a Christian friendly nation.

somalia...

pretty sure somalia would literally be the last location on the entire planet where you would want to risk taking any type of action that would be unpopular to the majority...