Thread: An Opportunity for the Oath Keepers: End the Occupation

An Opportunity for the Oath Keepers: End the Occupation

http://www.lewrockwell.com/grigg/grigg-w114.html

This state of affairs suggests a vitally important mission for the movement called "Oath Keepers" – an association of retired and active-duty law enforcement and military personnel who define their allegiance in terms of fidelity to the Constitution, rather than loyalty or obedience to political officials.
    The more support we give to Oath Keepers the more power they will have addressing these issues...

Those that supported the last "Liberty Ride", have certainly helped...

Be a part of it
    Don't let others get you down. Not naysayers, not pretenders, not appeasers, not opportunists; none of em.

What others do pales beside what YOU do.

Press on! - The r3VOLution continues...

"Nothing in this world can take the place of persistence.Talent will not; nothing is more common than unsuccessful people with talent. Genius will not; unrewarded genius is almost a proverb. Education will not; the world is full of educated derelicts. Persistence and determination alone are omnipotent. The slogan 'press on' has solved and always will solve the problems of the human race."

~ C.Coolidge

2. Remove this section of ads by registering.
    Quote Originally Posted by ronpaulhawaii View Post
    http://www.lewrockwell.com/grigg/grigg-w114.html

The more support we give to Oath Keepers the more power they will have addressing these issues...

Those that supported the last "Liberty Ride", have certainly helped...

Be a part of it
    Congratulations. Keep up the splendid activism. Even though we may disagree on some things, you are a great asset. Glad to have you!
    School of Salamanca - School of Austrian Economics - Liberty, Private Property, Free-Markets, Voluntaryist, Agorist. le monde va de lui même

"No man hath power over my rights and liberties, and I over no mans [sic]."

What, sir, is the use of a militia? It is to prevent the establishment of a standing army, the bane of liberty.

www.mises.org
    www.antiwar.com
    An Arrow Against all Tyrants - Richard Overton vis. 1646 (Required reading!)

wow! nice, michael!!

you are quite deserving.. wish I could shake your hand myself.
    The ultimate minority is the individual. Protect the individual from Democracy and you will protect all groups of individuals
    Rightful liberty is unobstructed action according to our will within limits drawn around us by the equal rights of others. I do not add 'within the limits of the law' because law is often but the tyrant's will, and always so when it violates the rights of the individual. - Thomas Jefferson
    I must not fear. Fear is the mind-killer. Fear is the little-death that brings total obliteration. I will face my fear. I will permit it to pass over me and through me. And when it has gone past I will turn the inner eye to see its path. Where the fear has gone there will be nothing. Only I will remain.

- Bene Gesserit Litany Against Fear

Very nice! Well deserved.
    Pfizer Macht Frei!

Openly Straight Man, Danke, Awarded Top Rated Influencer. Community Standards Enforcer.

Quiz: Test Your "Income" Tax IQ!

Short Income Tax Video

The Income Tax Is An Excise, And Excise Taxes Are Privilege Taxes

The Federalist Papers, No. 15:

Except as to the rule of appointment, the United States have an indefinite discretion to make requisitions for men and money; but they have no authority to raise either by regulations extending to the individual citizens of America.

Thumbs up

Congratulations Mr. Maresco!
    Pandora's box is not only open but its sides have been split with a razor and it now resides in a dumpster.

Quote Originally Posted by Austrian Econ Disciple View Post
    Congratulations. Keep up the splendid activism. Even though we may disagree on some things, you are a great asset. Glad to have you!
    I bet we agree on more than you suspect. Making a misstep on a tightrope is always a bit hairy...

and thanks all It was definitely a surprise and quite an honor. It was surreal standing in front of, and saying a few words to, that crowd. A room full of honorable and decorated public servants. Imagine that...

What I would REALLY like to see is someone else from RPFs earn that next year

The present focus is recruitment. They have free downloads available, I like the tri-folds:
    http://oathkeepers.org/oath/wp-conte...e_Aug_2009.pdf

They also sell DVDs for a buck
    http://www.onedollardvdproject.com/DVD-new/Vids16.html

Adding Sheriff Mack's Book for your Sheriff Depts is effective as well

http://www.sheriffmack.com/
    April 2009: THERE ARE NO SHERIFFS LEFT BEHIND IN MINNESOTA! Many people have written in telling us that they have given a copy of "The County Sheriff" to their own county sheriff... and that's awesome! Every bit is appreciated, and we can only hope it will make a difference. Now here's something a little extra special: A woman in Minnesota bought a copy of the book for all 87 county Sheriffs in her state, hand-addressed them and mailed them along with an introductory letter.
    UPDATE:
    June 2009: THERE ARE NO SHERIFFS LEFT BEHIND IN Ohio, Montana, Idaho or Arizona!
    July 2009: THERE ARE NO SHERIFFS LEFT BEHIND IN Oregon!
    September 2009: THERE ARE NO SHERIFFS LEFT BEHIND IN Colorado, Florida, South Dakota, California, Washington, Arkansas, Missouri, Maryland, Massachusetts or Illinois!
    The preferred approach is respectfully contacting your local Chief, or Sheriff, and asking if you can leave some material for the dept., post something on the bulletin board, etc.. Much more effective that way. I think anyone here in Mil or LE can attest that they'll appreciate those who respect the chain of command environment.

I had good luck just walking in the front door unannounced and asking to see the head honcho, (usually a second or third would come down), all were respectful and most seemed genuinely intrigued. The vast majority will also respect the perceived courage of someone walking into a police station and asking cops to obey the law

What I found most helpful is to be quick. Get them to agree to share the material and get out. Don't talk past the order... While it is sometimes irresistible to want to unload on a receptive ear, it is usually best to wait till they start coming to your meetings and get to know you better... Jus saying...

YouTube - Oath Keepers is a Non-Partisan Association
    Don't let others get you down. Not naysayers, not pretenders, not appeasers, not opportunists; none of em.

"Nothing in this world can take the place of persistence.Talent will not; nothing is more common than unsuccessful people with talent. Genius will not; unrewarded genius is almost a proverb. Education will not; the world is full of educated derelicts. Persistence and determination alone are omnipotent. The slogan 'press on' has solved and always will solve the problems of the human race."

~ C.Coolidge

Thanks, didn't know all the lyrics till you posted that.

Persons in power should be very careful of how they deal with a man who cares nothing for sensual pleasure, nothing for riches, nothing for comfort or praise or promotion, but is simply determined to do what he believes to be right. He is a dangerous and uncomfortable enemy, because his body, which you can always conquer, gives you so little purchase upon his soul." - Gilbert Murray.

~ C.Coolidge

10. Remove this section of ads by registering.
    awesome and most deserving, Sir.
    The bigger government gets, the smaller I wish it was.
    My new motto: More Love, Less Laws

Oathkeepers needs to stand up and really apply their concepts not just to Americans but to all people.

1. We will NOT obey orders to disarm the american people. what about Iraqis, and Afghans?

2. We will NOT obey orders to conduct warrantless searches of the American people. What about Iraqis and Afghans?

3. We will NOT obey orders to detain American citizens as “unlawful enemy combatants” or to subject them to military tribunal. What about iraqi and afghani war protestors?

4. We will NOT obey orders to impose martial law or a “state of emergency” on a state.
    What about imposing martial law on some other nation?

5. We will NOT obey orders to invade and subjugate any state that asserts its sovereignty.
    What about invading and subjugating other nations that assert their sovereignty?

6. We will NOT obey any order to blockade American cities, thus turning them into giant concentration camps. What about blockading foreign cities?

7. We will NOT obey any order to force American citizens into any form of detention camps under any pretext. What about Sadr City? or Fallujah, or Samarra?

8. We will NOT obey orders to assist or support the use of any foreign troops on U.S. soil against the American people to “keep the peace” or to “maintain control."
    What about being foreign troops used to keep the peace and maintain control overseas?

9. We will NOT obey any orders to confiscate the property of the American people, including food and other essential supplies. What about confiscating the property of foreign nationals?

10.We will NOT obey any orders which infringe on the right of the people to free speech, to peaceably assemble, and to petition their government for a redress of grievances.
    What about denying foreigners the right to protest their government?
    CPT Jack. R. T.
    US Army Resigned - Iraq Vet.
    Level III MACP instructor, USYKA/WYKKO sensei
    Professional Hunter/Trapper/Country living survivalist.

Quote Originally Posted by Icymudpuppy View Post
    Oathkeepers needs to stand up and really apply their concepts not just to Americans but to all people.

1. We will NOT obey orders to disarm the american people. what about Iraqis, and Afghans?

2. We will NOT obey orders to conduct warrantless searches of the American people. What about Iraqis and Afghans?

3. We will NOT obey orders to detain American citizens as “unlawful enemy combatants” or to subject them to military tribunal. What about iraqi and afghani war protestors?

4. We will NOT obey orders to impose martial law or a “state of emergency” on a state.
    What about imposing martial law on some other nation?

5. We will NOT obey orders to invade and subjugate any state that asserts its sovereignty.
    What about invading and subjugating other nations that assert their sovereignty?

6. We will NOT obey any order to blockade American cities, thus turning them into giant concentration camps. What about blockading foreign cities?

7. We will NOT obey any order to force American citizens into any form of detention camps under any pretext. What about Sadr City? or Fallujah, or Samarra?

8. We will NOT obey orders to assist or support the use of any foreign troops on U.S. soil against the American people to “keep the peace” or to “maintain control."
    What about being foreign troops used to keep the peace and maintain control overseas?

9. We will NOT obey any orders to confiscate the property of the American people, including food and other essential supplies. What about confiscating the property of foreign nationals?

10.We will NOT obey any orders which infringe on the right of the people to free speech, to peaceably assemble, and to petition their government for a redress of grievances.
    What about denying foreigners the right to protest their government?
    Oath Keepers is just one organization and is focusing on domestic issues. Tying in foreign policy will muddy the water and reduce the attractiveness. My experience at the conference was watching people learn non-interventionism by osmosis...

~ C.Coolidge

Quote Originally Posted by ronpaulhawaii View Post
    Oath Keepers is just one organization and is focusing on domestic issues. Tying in foreign policy will muddy the water and reduce the attractiveness. My experience at the conference was watching people learn non-interventionism by osmosis...
    Exactly Michael. One step at a time.

And congrats, btw. You earned it and so much more.