Thread: RP Finally Clearly Distinguishes Between "Corporatism" and "Capitalism" on Larry King

RP Finally Clearly Distinguishes Between "Corporatism" and "Capitalism" on Larry King

This is a super smart talking point that Congressman Paul has never really come out in an interview and nailed so dramatically in the past. I have always wondered why RP doesn't hammer the difference in every single interview. Naive but well intending people think that a vote for Ron Paul will make corporate abuse increase geometrically, when the exact opposite is true.

It could become a wide spread slogan: "Capitalism, Not Corporatism!"

It is important for people to understand this and RP seemed to always talk around it somewhat. The moderates and leftys that might join our cause think that "capitalism" and "corporatism" are the same.

Bush gave "privatization" and "capitalism" horrible reputations but the downside is all from government intervention. "Privatization" is bad when the government is the sole customer. I think the Bush strategy of getting the masses to hate "capitalism" may have been intentional to simply pave the way for more government "regulation" with subsequent administrations.
    Last edited by anaconda; 10-30-2009 at 02:27 PM.

2. Remove this section of ads by registering.
    Quote Originally Posted by anaconda View Post
    This is a super smart talking point that Congressman Paul has never really come out in an interview and nailed so dramatically in the past. I have always wondered why RP doesn't hammer the difference in every single interview. Naive but well intending people think that a vote for Ron Paul will make corporate abuse increase geometrically, when the exact opposite is true.

It is important for people to understand this and RP seemed to always talk around it somewhat. The moderates and leftys that might join our cause think that "capitalism" and "corporatism" are the same.

Bush gave "privatization" and "capitalism" horrible reputations but the downside is all from government intervention. "Privatization" is bad when the government is the sole customer. I think the Bush strategy of getting the masses to hate "capitalism" may have been intentional to simply pave the way for more government "regulation" with subsequent administrations.
    naw u dont say ^^^

hey any tube of larry kings show last nite?
    RON PAUL 2012!

That would make a good bumper sticker
    "A rage for paper money, for an abolition of debts, for an equal division of property, or for any improper or wicked project, will be less apt to pervade the whole body of the Union than a particular member of it, in the same proportion as such a malady is more likely to taint a particular county or district than an entire State."
    -James Madison, The Federalist Papers No. 10

Quote Originally Posted by s35wf View Post
    naw u dont say ^^^

hey any tube of larry kings show last nite?

youtube:

YouTube - Ron Paul vs. Michael Moore on Larry King CNN 10/29/2009

Ole Larry just looked kinda dumbfounded like he saw his whole life savings flying out the window...

this is a super smart talking point that congressman paul has never really come out in an interview and nailed so dramatically in the past. I have always wondered why rp doesn't hammer the difference in every single interview. Naive but well intending people think that a vote for ron paul will make corporate abuse increase geometrically, when the exact opposite is true.

it could become a wide spread slogan: "capitalism, not corporatism!"

it is important for people to understand this and rp seemed to always talk around it somewhat. The moderates and leftys that might join our cause think that "capitalism" and "corporatism" are the same.

Bush gave "privatization" and "capitalism" horrible reputations but the downside is all from government intervention. "privatization" is bad when the government is the sole customer. I think the bush strategy of getting the masses to hate "capitalism" may have been intentional to simply pave the way for more government "regulation" with subsequent administrations.
    i like that>.