Thread: Need Water Filtration Info (Brownish water @ apt complex during maintenance is scary)

Question Need Water Filtration Info (Brownish water @ apt complex during maintenance is scary)

There has been a lot of pipe maintenance recently at my apartment complex and water has been coming out looking quite gross during these events.

Needless to say I am now going to look for a water filtration solution to use for at least our drinking & cooking.

Coincidentally I am doing research on fluoride at the moment as well but I have been reading that it can be very difficult to get fluoride out via normal filtration methods.

I don't have a lot of spare cash at the moment but I can't handle the idea of drinking what the apartment manager claims is "normal pipe buildup that comes out whenever maintenance is preformed"

Here are some pics.

Here is a picture of the normal clean water (hard to take a good picture considering the color of the sink but the water is crystal clear in this pic)

Here is a picture of the brownish water that is coming out during the maintenance.

Here is a picture of the brownish water that is coming out during the maintenance in a water bottle.

2. Remove this section of ads by registering.

After looking through some of the previous water filtration threads I talked to LE and she recommended the Culligan setup that is 75 to install and 30 a month, reverse osmosis that supposedly takes out fluoride too.

Have an appointment with a Culligan dude later this week to see if our pipes will work with the setup and test our water.

looks like you won't need to take mineral supplements for a while.
    Pfizer Macht Frei!

Openly Straight Man, Danke, Awarded Top Rated Influencer. Community Standards Enforcer.

Quiz: Test Your "Income" Tax IQ!

Short Income Tax Video

The Income Tax Is An Excise, And Excise Taxes Are Privilege Taxes

The Federalist Papers, No. 15:

Except as to the rule of appointment, the United States have an indefinite discretion to make requisitions for men and money; but they have no authority to raise either by regulations extending to the individual citizens of America.