Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Kokesh Reveals "Real Money" Bomb

Kokesh Reveals "Real Money" Bomb

On the Twown Hall Adam just responded to a question regarding accepting Gold and Silver donations by letting the cat out of the bag

On Veterens Day, Nov 11th until Adam's Birthday, Feb 1, we will be asking people to send in Silver and Gold donations. Already cleared with lawyers, details to be announced soon.

parked url is www.realmoneybomb.com

The pictures/media will be worth their weight in... platinum
    Last edited by ronpaulhawaii; 10-19-2009 at 06:51 PM.
    Don't let others get you down. Not naysayers, not pretenders, not appeasers, not opportunists; none of em.

What others do pales beside what YOU do.

Press on! - The r3VOLution continues...

"Nothing in this world can take the place of persistence.Talent will not; nothing is more common than unsuccessful people with talent. Genius will not; unrewarded genius is almost a proverb. Education will not; the world is full of educated derelicts. Persistence and determination alone are omnipotent. The slogan 'press on' has solved and always will solve the problems of the human race."

~ C.Coolidge

2. Remove this section of ads by registering.
    Niiiice.
    "History has tried hard to teach us that we can't have good government under politicians. Now, to go and stick one at the very head of the government couldn't be wise." - Mark Twain

Twitter - @kevinmckenz
    Blog - Never Say Nothing

Metals collected will be saved for when media buys come into play...
    Don't let others get you down. Not naysayers, not pretenders, not appeasers, not opportunists; none of em.

"Nothing in this world can take the place of persistence.Talent will not; nothing is more common than unsuccessful people with talent. Genius will not; unrewarded genius is almost a proverb. Education will not; the world is full of educated derelicts. Persistence and determination alone are omnipotent. The slogan 'press on' has solved and always will solve the problems of the human race."

~ C.Coolidge

Cool idéa.

Really cool.
    "This world in arms is not spending money alone. It is spending the sweat of its laborers, the genius of its scientists, the hopes of its children." -Dwight D. Eisenhower, April 16, 1953

So i guess i need to go gold mining then... :-)

bump

~ C.Coolidge

plenty at places like this...

http://www.apmex.com/

~ C.Coolidge

10. Remove this section of ads by registering.
    Will the campaign be accepting garden seeds?

Quote Originally Posted by nayjevin View Post
    Will the campaign be accepting garden seeds?
    Campaign? No. Staff? Yes

~ C.Coolidge

Quote Originally Posted by ronpaulhawaii View Post
    Already cleared with lawyers, details to be announced soon.
    Since you evidently discussed this with the lawyers. How will donations be reported? If one sends in 1ozGAE or 1ozSAE (us tender $50 and $1) will a GAE be reported as a $50 donation? and SAE be reported as a $1 donation? Or will the market value be reported?

plenty at places like this...

http://www.apmex.com/

Apmex.com is my favorite silver seller!

I'll send in what I can!

Anything specific you're looking for? For flashiness and show, nothing beats the beauty of an American Silver Eagle. That being said, I know a lot of people have simply held or purchased pre-1965 coins for silver investments. Not as impressive, perhaps, but it should count, shouldn't it?

Of course, if you want to go for the uber-impressive, the ten ounce silver rounds would look great in Adam's hand in a press conference:

And then there's the penultimate - the 400 ounce gold bar:

But... uh... I'm afraid that's a little out of my price range!!

400 ounces X $1,058/oz = $423,200 - PLUS the cost of the commission!

Quote Originally Posted by specsaregood View Post
    Since you evidently discussed this with the lawyers. How will donations be reported? If one sends in 1ozGAE or 1ozSAE (us tender $50 and $1) will a GAE be reported as a $50 donation? and SAE be reported as a $1 donation? Or will the market value be reported?
    as in-kind donations for market value...

Quote Originally Posted by KCIndy View Post
    Apmex.com is my favorite silver seller!

I'll send in what I can!

Anything specific you're looking for? For flashiness and show, nothing beats the beauty of an American Silver Eagle. That being said, I know a lot of people have simply held or purchased pre-1965 coins for silver investments. Not as impressive, perhaps, but it should count, shouldn't it?

Of course, if you want to go for the uber-impressive, the ten ounce silver rounds would look great in Adam's hand in a press conference:

And then there's the penultimate - the 400 ounce gold bar:

But... uh... I'm afraid that's a little out of my price range!!

400 ounces X $1,058/oz = $423,200 - PLUS the cost of the commission!

Thanks KCIndy

~ C.Coolidge

awesome idea! The Kokesh campaign is sooooo creative!

How about scrap metals- aluminum- tin- brass- copper
    Adam can open up a scrap yard.
    rewritten history with armies of their crooks - invented memories, did burn all the books... Mark Knopfler

19. Remove this section of ads by registering.
    Quote Originally Posted by tkubic46 View Post
    awesome idea! The Kokesh campaign is sooooo creative!
    Me-thinks y'all will like other things we have up our sleeves, as well

Quote Originally Posted by torchbearer View Post
    How about scrap metals- aluminum- tin- brass- copper
    Adam can open up a scrap yard.
    lulz

~ C.Coolidge

I got carried away in my last post with all the photos...

But seriously, is the campaign going to prefer one type of form over another? Are we talking actual coinage like silver quarters, halves and dollars, or will bullion forms such as bars and rounds be acceptable, or even preferred?

Just curious!

I got carried away in my last post with all the photos...

But seriously, is the campaign going to prefer one type of form over another? Are we talking actual coinage like silver quarters, halves and dollars, or will bullion forms such as bars and rounds be acceptable, or even preferred?

Just curious!
    Well, platinum bars are preferred but seriously, every and any PM (torch ) donation is appreciated and will be put to good use.

What we will be suggesting for those who are not metal savvy is to use a site like apmex and use our HQ address as the delivery address.

An added benefit will be that our supporters who are not metal savvy may start becoming so...

Could use some help with graphics/videos/etc in the coming weeks...

Do something you can tell your grandkids about - Be a part of it

~ C.Coolidge

does anyone thinks he would take junk silver? Id buy a bay on ebay and have it shipped to him...

What we will be suggesting for those who are not metal savvy is to use a site like apmex and use our HQ address as the delivery address.
    That might not work. Their fraud filters are pretty strict and might not let credit card orders go through with a different delivery address. Have you by chance talked to Scott at apmex (the CEO)? He is quite personable and might be able to work something out with the campaign to make such orders go through.

That might not work. Their fraud filters are pretty strict and might not let credit card orders go through with a different delivery address. Have you by chance talked to Scott at apmex (the CEO)? He is quite personable and might be able to work something out with the campaign to make such orders go through.
    Not yet, thanks for the name and heads up. Do you have a relationship with him? and do you want to help on that side?

~ C.Coolidge

Not yet, thanks for the name and heads up. Do you have a relationship with him? and do you want to help on that side?
    No, I don't have a "relationship" with him, have just exchanged messages with him a few times on GIM. I will send him a note and see if what you suggested will be a problem and if he has any other thoughts.

No, I don't have a "relationship" with him, have just exchanged messages with him a few times on GIM. I will send him a note and see if what you suggested will be a problem and if he has any other thoughts.

There ain't nothing like the RP grassroots

Thanks

~ C.Coolidge

28. Remove this section of ads by registering.
    It would definitely be worth checking about the credit card thing. Apmex's standing policy is that credit card orders only ship to the credit card billing address. Also, a credit card order is subject to a surcharge - $10 I believe - but perhaps they would be willing to make special arrangements for this event, given how many new customers it might bring in for them.

Worst case, people can send check or money order (or bank wire, but that's such a pain in the *ss!) and the order will be processed and shipped anywhere with just a few days' extra delay and no surcharge.

The FAQ at Apmex is a pretty quick and easy read, and might answer a lot of questions in advance: http://www.apmex.com/FAQ/Default.aspx

It would definitely be worth checking about the credit card thing. Apmex's standing policy is that credit card orders only ship to the credit card billing address. Also, a credit card order is subject to a surcharge - $10 I believe - but perhaps they would be willing to make special arrangements for this event, given how many new customers it might bring in for them.

Worst case, people can send check or money order (or bank wire, but that's such a pain in the *ss!) and the order will be processed and shipped anywhere with just a few days' extra delay and no surcharge.

The FAQ at Apmex is a pretty quick and easy read, and might answer a lot of questions in advance: http://www.apmex.com/FAQ/Default.aspx
    Thanks I'm glad Adam let the cat out of the bag... Help is always appreciated.

I can see anyone who wants to use apmex, and donate a round or two, being able to get a minimum order for both themselves, and the campaign...

~ C.Coolidge

Question: will the real money then be spent? I have a tough time believing anyone should spend gold and silver right now, or anytime in the near future.

I would like to see a pledge from Adam that the real money donations will be spent only to purchase advertising space on fellow liberty websites or the like, so that the 'real money' stays within 'our loop'.

Quote Originally Posted by nayjevin View Post
    I would like to see a pledge from Adam that the real money donations will be spent only to purchase advertising space on fellow liberty websites or the like, so that the 'real money' stays within 'our loop'.
    Something tells me that advertising space on "liberty websites or the like" won't serve to get him many votes in his district. No, let's have them spend it where they think it is best spent.

This doesn't sound like a very good idea to me.

Obviously you guys are going to want to spend all the money in the next year or so. That means you are going to need to sell all the PM you receive. Assuming the price stays constant, you are already in a losing deal because the buyer pays over spot and an individual seller can almost never sell at or above spot price. Next, you need to consider all the time and management that will be consumed by selling all of the PM for cash. What if you can't find a buyer? And finally, gold and silver prices are volatile, and could easily drop 10%-20% from the time the donor buys them and the time you sell them.

I guess on the positive side this gimmick might get a couple extra people to donate, but overall I think it's a losing idea.

Sorry to be negative.

Quote Originally Posted by brandonyates View Post
    This doesn't sound like a very good idea to me.
    For a pure fundraising tactic, maybe not. But for a publicity and educational tactic I think it is a winner.

Assuming the price stays constant, you are already in a losing deal because the buyer pays over spot
    You weren't buying when silver was at $9-10 less than a year ago? What you say would be true for new buyers, though.

and an individual seller can almost never sell at or above spot price.
    Yes they will need a relationship with a PM dealer that will give them a fair deal when they need to sell.

Next, you need to consider all the time and management that will be consumed by selling all of the PM for cash.
    It really doesn't take that long if doing it bulk.

What if you can't find a buyer?
    PMs are always bought/sold, no matter the market. Most dealers don't care about the current spot price because they make their money off the transaction fees and hedge their buys/sales.

And finally, gold and silver prices are volatile, and could easily drop 10%-20% from the time the donor buys them and the time you sell them.
    They could just as easily go up, no? And the market doesn't look like it as a top to me, and the rumors are out there that china has effectively put a bottom on it.

I guess on the positive side this gimmick might get a couple extra people to donate, but overall I think it's a losing idea.
    I think it could get people to donate; but I think more likely is that it could be used to generate more publicity and awareness. I would assume that is the real goal of this gimmick.

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast