Thread: Gore at climate talks: Polar ice may go in 5 years [does he really believe it?]

Gore at climate talks: Polar ice may go in 5 years [does he really believe it?]

COPENHAGEN – New computer modeling suggests the Arctic Ocean may be nearly ice-free in the summertime as early as 2014, Al Gore said Monday at the U.N. climate conference.
    http://news.yahoo.com/s/ap/20091214/...c/climate_gore

My question: Do you think Al Gore honestly believes this junk?
    His inconvenient truth sure has been convenient to his own pocketbook. While he may purchase bogus 'offsets,' he certainly hasn't taken steps to reduce his own carbon footprint. (I would think a true concern would drive somebody to limit one's own footprint and work towards 'offsetting' others who do not follow suit.)

Personally, I think he's repeated the junk so many times that he now does believe it. I think it's become 'religion' where this is an article of faith and to say otherwise is heresy.

2. Remove this section of ads by registering.
    OMG! It already happened! Al Gore was right (in 1958):

http://wattsupwiththat.com/2009/04/2...-not-so-thick/
    "Foreign aid is taking money from the poor people of a rich country, and giving it to the rich people of a poor country." - Ron Paul
    "Beware the Military-Industrial-Financial-Pharma-Corporate-Internet-Media-Government Complex." - B4L update of General Dwight D. Eisenhower
    "Debt is the drug, Wall St. Banksters are the dealers, and politicians are the addicts." - B4L
    "Totally free immigration? I've never taken that position. I believe in national sovereignty." - Ron Paul

Proponent of real science.
    The views and opinions expressed here are solely my own, and do not represent this forum or any other entities or persons.

Google north pole ice melt in google news archives. It happens all the time

I bet this july, the artic ice sheet will be a lot smaller than it is right now.
    ZOMG! Global Warming!
    rewritten history with armies of their crooks - invented memories, did burn all the books... Mark Knopfler

Gore believes his bank account, and the carbon credits he has accumulated.

We all missed a golden opportunity to make a statement during the conference. It hit me tonight, if we had all turned off all non essential lights all over the world, in protest, during the conference, it would have freaked them out. It is hard for any of us to travel to where these idiots burn carbon to meet across the world each week.

Al Gore is an idiot, besides being corrupt. Anyone in Copenhagen, that can spread the word to turn out all the lights quickly? It is night there now. They would not know what is going on if it spread fast to turn out all non essential lights.

Let's go for a turn out the lights night tomorrow night. Worm this across the net. I will light one tea candle tomorrow night and one Wed night. The rest of the lights will be off. Sort on nice at this time of the year anyway.

If all did it, oil cost would tank and the big boys already have a glut in ships around the world that they have been buying and paying storage charges on each day.

Not only will your electric bill go down, the Co2 will go down so we can have more blizzards and cold weather.

Bottom line, if enough do this, they will wish to hell they didn't try to pull this one off over the sheeple.

Imagine what two weeks would do. They would be screaming, if all turned off their lights for two weeks. The cost to the elite would be staggering.

We have so little way to impact them anymore, that I am going to do it, even if no one else shuts off the lights.

Quote Originally Posted by Brian4Liberty View Post
    OMG! It already happened! Al Gore was right (in 1958):

http://wattsupwiththat.com/2009/04/2...-not-so-thick/
    And in 1817! Must have been the SUVs that caused it.

"It will without doubt have come to your Lordship's knowledge that a considerable change of climate, inexplicable at present to us, must have taken place in the Circumpolar Regions, by which the severity of the cold that has for centuries past enclosed the seas in the high northern latitudes in an impenetrable barrier of ice has been during the last two years, greatly abated.

(This) affords ample proof that new sources of warmth have been opened and give us leave to hope that the Arctic Seas may at this time be more accessible than they have been for centuries past, and that discoveries may now be made in them not only interesting to the advancement of science but also to the future intercourse of mankind and the commerce of distant nations." – President of the Royal Society, London, to the Admiralty, 20th November, 1817
    "I'm not just trying to win or get elected. I am trying to change the course of history" - Ron Paul

gone in 60 seconds......

maybe Al Gore will be gone in 5 years.

who wants to lay odds on Al Gore being gone before the ice at the poles?

lynn
    proof of explosives in WTC on 9/11 .....
    peer-reviewed paper in scientific journal - unreacted flakes of Thermite found in WTC dust!
    http://www.bentham.org/open/tocpj/ar...002/7TOCPJ.pdf
    videos:
    Entire Steven E Jones presentation at PNAC event in UT, Austin, Texas
    video:
    PNAC Rebuilding America's Senses Steven Jones Lecture

architects and engineers for 9/11 truth
    http://www.ae911truth.org/

The acrtic ice is already losing more in the summer than it has in past summers (after 1958 I guess). I think we could see it gone in the summer of 2015. If we see it gone for multiple summers in a row, then that would be proof that we are in a warming trend. Stay tuned.
    if modern agriculture continues to follow the path it's on now, it's finished. The food-growing situation may seem to be in good shape today, but that's just an illusion based on the current availability of petroleum fuels. All the wheat, corn, and other crops that are produced on big American farms may be alive and growing, but they're not products of real nature or real agriculture. They're manufactured rather than grown. The earth isn't producing those things.. petroleum is! -Masanobu Fukuoka

10. Remove this section of ads by registering.
    Quote Originally Posted by BenIsForRon View Post
    The acrtic ice is already losing more in the summer than it has in past summers (after 1958 I guess). I think we could see it gone in the summer of 2015. If we see it gone for multiple summers in a row, then that would be proof that we are in a warming trend. Stay tuned.
    Perhaps, and which would still not prove that is was caused by man's influence on the environment.

Meanwhile, the southpole continues to see an increase in ice accumulation.

"Rapid growth spurt leaves amount of ice at levels seen 29 years ago.

Thanks to a rapid rebound in recent months, global sea ice levels now equal those seen 29 years ago, when the year 1979 also drew to a close.

Ice levels had been tracking lower throughout much of 2008, but rapidly recovered in the last quarter. In fact, the rate of increase from September onward is the fastest rate of change on record, either upwards or downwards.

http://www.dailytech.com/Article.aspx?newsid=13834
    Last edited by Bruno; 12-14-2009 at 09:31 PM.
    "I'm not just trying to win or get elected. I am trying to change the course of history" - Ron Paul

Quote Originally Posted by Bruno View Post
    Perhaps, and which would still not prove that is was caused by man's influence on the environment.

Meanwhile, the southpole continues to see an increase in ice accumulation.
    how long would it take for us to notice a slight shift in the poles?
    it can't be "global" warming if the south pole is gaining ice. it would be northern warming.
    rewritten history with armies of their crooks - invented memories, did burn all the books... Mark Knopfler

Quote Originally Posted by torchbearer View Post
    how long would it take for us to notice a slight shift in the poles?
    it can't be "global" warming if the south pole is gaining ice. it would be northern warming.
    Its simple. Northern warming is caused by man, southern cooling is caused by natural fluctuations. Now pay up, world, to correct the northern warming.

Polar ice caps completely gone by 2014:

"Let it not be said that we did nothing." - Dr. Ron Paul. "Stand up for what you believe in, even if you are standing alone." - Sophie Magdalena Scholl
    "War is the health of the State." - Randolph Bourne "Freedom is the answer. ... Now, what's the question?" - Ernie Hancock.

Quote Originally Posted by BenIsForRon View Post
    Silly Benis.

Pfizer Macht Frei!

Openly Straight Man, Danke, Awarded Top Rated Influencer. Community Standards Enforcer.

Quiz: Test Your "Income" Tax IQ!

Short Income Tax Video

The Income Tax Is An Excise, And Excise Taxes Are Privilege Taxes

The Federalist Papers, No. 15:

Except as to the rule of appointment, the United States have an indefinite discretion to make requisitions for men and money; but they have no authority to raise either by regulations extending to the individual citizens of America.

When it is all gone I will have a polar bear steak .

They just moved south. The whole upper third of the US is a solid sheet of ice. Looks like Gore could skate from Syracuse to Minneapolis.
    #NashvilleStrong

“I’m a doctor. That’s a baby.”~~~Dr. Manny Sethi