Page 9 of 9 FirstFirst ... 789

Thread: Destruction of the US dollar

Thailand To Move Away From The Dollar, Use Local Currencies

https://www.thefinancialtrends.com/2...al-currencies/
    Never attempt to teach a pig to sing; it wastes your time and annoys the pig.

Robert Heinlein

Give a man an inch and right away he thinks he's a ruler

Groucho Marx

I love mankindÖitís people I canít stand.

Linus, from the Peanuts comic

You cannot have liberty without morality and morality without faith

Alexis de Torqueville

Those who fail to learn from the past are condemned to repeat it.
    Those who learn from the past are condemned to watch everybody else repeat it

A Zero Hedge comment

2. Remove this section of ads by registering.
    Venezuelan Foreign Minister Confirms De-Dollarization Plans With Russia

https://www.thefinancialtrends.com/2...s-with-russia/

Robert Heinlein

Groucho Marx

Alexis de Torqueville

A Zero Hedge comment

Foreign Buyers Shun US Debt

https://www.thefinancialtrends.com/2...-shun-us-debt/

Yuan Overtakes Euro As Trade Funding Currency

https://www.thefinancialtrends.com/2...ding-currency/

Robert Heinlein

Groucho Marx

Alexis de Torqueville

A Zero Hedge comment

Russia And China Nearly Complete De-Dollarization

https://www.thefinancialtrends.com/2...dollarization/

Robert Heinlein

Groucho Marx

Alexis de Torqueville

A Zero Hedge comment

UK Looks To Built Alternative To Visa And Mastercard

https://www.thefinancialtrends.com/2...nd-mastercard/

Robert Heinlein

Groucho Marx

Alexis de Torqueville

A Zero Hedge comment

The Next Year Will See $7.6 Trillion In Government Debt Mature

https://www.thefinancialtrends.com/2...t-debt-mature/

Robert Heinlein

Groucho Marx

Alexis de Torqueville

A Zero Hedge comment

Another Country Adopts Russia’s Mir Payment Card System

https://www.thefinancialtrends.com/2...t-card-system/

Robert Heinlein

Groucho Marx

Alexis de Torqueville

A Zero Hedge comment

A lot of fanfare for Putin's arrival in UAE last week.

Not quite as much genuflection in Riyadh as there was for Xi but nighttime landing probably meant a subdued reception by comparison.

Saudis and UAE, among others, officially become active BRICS members on Jan 1 2024
    Last edited by devil21; 12-10-2023 at 04:19 PM.
    "Let it not be said that we did nothing."-Ron Paul

"We have set them on the hobby-horse of an idea about the absorption of individuality by the symbolic unit of COLLECTIVISM. They have never yet and they never will have the sense to reflect that this hobby-horse is a manifest violation of the most important law of nature, which has established from the very creation of the world one unit unlike another and precisely for the purpose of instituting individuality."- A Quote From Some Old Book

10. Remove this section of ads by registering.
    Quote Originally Posted by devil21 View Post
    Saudis and UAE, among others, officially become active BRICS members on Jan 1 2024
    That's the end of the petrodollar. They won't be able to keep gas prices down any more. Or any other prices. The demand for the FRN is about to evaporate.

Quote Originally Posted by acptulsa View Post
    That's the end of the petrodollar. They won't be able to keep gas prices down any more. Or any other prices. The demand for the FRN is about to evaporate.
    2 WEEKS!

funny but not so funny now.

"We have set them on the hobby-horse of an idea about the absorption of individuality by the symbolic unit of COLLECTIVISM. They have never yet and they never will have the sense to reflect that this hobby-horse is a manifest violation of the most important law of nature, which has established from the very creation of the world one unit unlike another and precisely for the purpose of instituting individuality."- A Quote From Some Old Book

The Saudis are keeping their options open IMO. Joining the BRICS does not mean they immediately stop trading oil for dollars. It's definitely something to keep an eye on though.

Quote Originally Posted by Swordsmyth View Post
    The Next Year Will See $7.6 Trillion In Government Debt Mature

https://www.thefinancialtrends.com/2...t-debt-mature/
    The US imports a steady 3 million thousand barrels of crude oil and oil products annually.
    You get 42 gallons of gas per barrel. 240 Billion USD buys it at $80/bbl.
    With 7 Trillion dollars you can pay up front for all oil imports to last over 29 years.

We live in the most inefficient, economically indefensible country in the history of the world.
    "When Sombart says: "Capitalism is born from the money-loan", I should like to add to this: Capitalism actually exists only in the money-loan;" - Theodor Fritsch

Quote Originally Posted by Bern View Post
    The Saudis are keeping their options open IMO. Joining the BRICS does not mean they immediately stop trading oil for dollars. It's definitely something to keep an eye on though.
    My understanding is that the UAE already has but we know that the Saudi oil-dollar peg is basically the "official" petrodollar. The shipping disruptions in the Red Sea could spread across to the Strait of Hormuz. Media never mentions Houthis without included "Iran-backed" as a qualifier. If we start seeing reports of the Strait of Hormuz/Persian Gulf having similar issues to Red Sea shipping, it's conceivable that both are shut down, blockaded, embargoed, whatever term we want to use. The shutting of the Straits has long been rumored to be the SHTF moment of the petrodollar and the event that shuts it all down, at least in a reset narrative sense..

(sidenote: I sometimes wonder if the Saudi war on Yemen and the Houthis hasn't actually resulted in the "Houthis" becoming just another controlled opposition operation, repurposed for this exact time and scenario.).
    Last edited by devil21; 12-19-2023 at 11:21 AM.

Robert Heinlein

Groucho Marx

Alexis de Torqueville

A Zero Hedge comment

US National Debt Grows $2.6 Trillion In Six Months

https://www.thefinancialtrends.com/2...in-six-months/

Russia And China Eliminate Use Of Dollar In Trade

https://www.thefinancialtrends.com/2023/12/20/russia-and-china-eliminate-use-of-dollar-in-trade/

Robert Heinlein

Groucho Marx

Alexis de Torqueville

A Zero Hedge comment

Dollar Use In Oil Transactions Continues To Decline

https://www.thefinancialtrends.com/2...es-to-decline/

Robert Heinlein

Groucho Marx

Alexis de Torqueville

A Zero Hedge comment

19. Remove this section of ads by registering.
    US Debt On Course For Interest Payments To Exceed Defense Spending

https://www.thefinancialtrends.com/2...ense-spending/

Robert Heinlein

Groucho Marx

Alexis de Torqueville

A Zero Hedge comment

Dollar’s Share Of Global Reserves Continues To Decline

https://www.thefinancialtrends.com/2...es-to-decline/

Robert Heinlein

Groucho Marx

Alexis de Torqueville

A Zero Hedge comment

Russia Nearly Completely De-Dollarizes Trade With Key BRICS Allies

https://www.thefinancialtrends.com/2...-brics-allies/

Robert Heinlein

Groucho Marx

Alexis de Torqueville

A Zero Hedge comment

US Debt To Exceed $54 Trillion In A Decade

https://www.thefinancialtrends.com/2...n-in-a-decade/

Robert Heinlein

Groucho Marx

Alexis de Torqueville

A Zero Hedge comment

Quote Originally Posted by devil21 View Post
    My understanding is that the UAE already has but we know that the Saudi oil-dollar peg is basically the "official" petrodollar. The shipping disruptions in the Red Sea could spread across to the Strait of Hormuz. Media never mentions Houthis without included "Iran-backed" as a qualifier. If we start seeing reports of the Strait of Hormuz/Persian Gulf having similar issues to Red Sea shipping, it's conceivable that both are shut down, blockaded, embargoed, whatever term we want to use. The shutting of the Straits has long been rumored to be the SHTF moment of the petrodollar and the event that shuts it all down, at least in a reset narrative sense..

(sidenote: I sometimes wonder if the Saudi war on Yemen and the Houthis hasn't actually resulted in the "Houthis" becoming just another controlled opposition operation, repurposed for this exact time and scenario.).
    Happenin'

Iran seizes cargo ship near Strait of Hormuz
    https://www.cnn.com/2024/04/13/middl...ntl/index.html

Iran’s Revolutionary Guards seized a an Israeli-linked container ship in a helicopter operation near the Strait of Hormuz, state news agency IRNA reported, with tensions already high after Iran warned it would retaliate for a suspected Israeli strike on its consulate in Syria.

IRNA reported that the Iran’s Revolutionary Guard Corps (IRGC) Navy seized the Portuguese-flagged MSC Aries, which is now being “directed back to Iranian territorial waters.”

According to IRNA, the vessel is managed by the Zodiac Maritime, a company linked to Israeli businessman Eyal Ofer.

Mediterranean Shipping Company (MSC) has confirmed the seizure, saying there are 25 crew on board. Portugal’s government said that it was in touch with the Iranian authorities.

The Strait of Hormuz, at the northern end of the Gulf of Oman, is the biggest oil chokepoint in the world. About 20% of the world’s daily consumption of oil passes through it every day.

Iran has carried out similar seizures before. In January, Tehran seized an oil tanker in the Gulf of Oman and transferred it to an Iranian port in response to the United States confiscating the same vessel and its oil last year.

Tensions in the region are heightened after the strike on Iran’s consulate in the Syrian capital Damascus, which killed seven officials including a top IRGC commander, and the seizure comes against the backdrop of the conflict in Gaza.

The Iran-backed Houthi rebels in Yemen have frequently been targeting shipping in the Red Sea area, while there have been regular exchanges between Hezbollah and Israel along Lebanon’s southern border. moreifclick

U.S. Dollar was used in 48% of international payment transactions last year, the highest level in more than a decade. But Brics...

https://twitter.com/Barchart/status/1779682501402759191

Robert Heinlein

Groucho Marx

Alexis de Torqueville

A Zero Hedge comment

U.S. Dollar was used in 48% of international payment transactions last year, the highest level in more than a decade.
    Of course there's a spike in the dollar being used in international "transactions", person who incredulously calls other people idiots. Your beloved Republican Saviors in the House, following their own Johnson, are giving trillions to other countries. What makes you think that's not considered an international transaction?
    Last edited by acptulsa; 04-17-2024 at 07:29 AM.

Of course there's a spike in the dollar being used in international "transactions", person who incredulously calls other people idiots. Your beloved Republican Saviors in the House, following their own Johnson, are giving trillions to other countries. What makes you think that's not considered an international transaction?
    Me: [posts facts relevant to the topic of the thread]
    You: [rants about things I didn't say]

Robert Heinlein

Groucho Marx

Alexis de Torqueville

A Zero Hedge comment

28. Remove this section of ads by registering.
    You don't think that your beloved Republicans financing both sides of three wars is what's destroying the currency?

You don't think that your beloved Republicans financing both sides of three wars is what's destroying the currency?

Robert Heinlein

Groucho Marx

Alexis de Torqueville

A Zero Hedge comment

Me: [Bot behavior]
    Me: Yawn.

Me: Yawn.
    I thought your counterpoint was plain and clear, as to a reason why dollar unit use is up. Rising DXY has shown it lately. DXY is merely a measure of supply and demand of a currency. What the chart doesn't account for is that gold is shooting up in tandem with the dollar, which is usually an inverse relationship. So what does Sowdry's chart, along with DXY rising -and- gold rising tell us? It tells us that a dwindling supply of dollars are being used to buy hard assets around the world. Aka dollar dumping.

__________________________________________________ ________________
    "A politician will do almost anything to keep their job, even become a patriot" - Hearst

__________________________________________________ ________________
    "A politician will do almost anything to keep their job, even become a patriot" - Hearst

Page 9 of 9 FirstFirst ... 789