Page 3 of 9 FirstFirst 12345 ... LastLast

Thread: Destruction of the US dollar

Quote Originally Posted by Acala View Post
    Soros is not to blame for the condition of the US dollar or for our impending collapse. WE did it to ourselves, or allowed banks, military contractors, politicians, unions, and other fat cats to do it to us.
    I think that something to be watchful of is the quiet reshoring of jobs.

http://www.thenewamerican.com/econom...s-accelerating

Don't be fooled by the article here. It creates the illusion that this is free market phenomenon when in fact it's just a restructuring of policy by the fat cats because they know how bad of shape we're in. I don't think they'll resteer policy in scope...just a temporary shenanigan for effect.

Relevant reading... Russia sinks $1.5 billion into U.S. tech firms
    Last edited by Natural Citizen; 11-16-2013 at 07:14 PM.

2. Remove this section of ads by registering.
    bump
    "Let it not be said that we did nothing."-Ron Paul

"We have set them on the hobby-horse of an idea about the absorption of individuality by the symbolic unit of COLLECTIVISM. They have never yet and they never will have the sense to reflect that this hobby-horse is a manifest violation of the most important law of nature, which has established from the very creation of the world one unit unlike another and precisely for the purpose of instituting individuality."- A Quote From Some Old Book

if you can post a weather report to disprove global warming, then i can post a 12 week dollar index gaining streak to disprove the dollar is failing.

http://www.cnbc.com/id/102057048

Dollar index is only a measure against other currencies. DX has literally nothing at all to do with the orderly destruction of the dollar as chronicled in this thread and elsewhere.

"We have set them on the hobby-horse of an idea about the absorption of individuality by the symbolic unit of COLLECTIVISM. They have never yet and they never will have the sense to reflect that this hobby-horse is a manifest violation of the most important law of nature, which has established from the very creation of the world one unit unlike another and precisely for the purpose of instituting individuality."- A Quote From Some Old Book

6. Remove this section of ads by registering.
    This thread most definitely needs an OIL post.

http://peakoil.com/publicpolicy/petr...a-day-oil-deal

Russia and Iran sign oil deal, bypassing USD.

The reason oil could drop to $20/barrel. No mention of petrodollar consequences of sustained low oil prices.
    http://www.reuters.com/article/2014/...0K00P820141222

PETRODOLLAR DEATH IS IN FINAL STAGES
    Last edited by devil21; 12-23-2014 at 07:40 PM.

Aren't China and Russia starting a currency exchange tomorrow?
    "Sorry, fellows, the rebellion is off. We couldn't get a rebellion permit."

Quote Originally Posted by Tod View Post
    Aren't China and Russia starting a currency exchange tomorrow?
    Yes. Along with deals for commodities trading, as I detailed in another recent thread in this subforum. 12/29 could be a very interesting day on all markets. Disappearing plane story is probably a fresh media distraction away from this.

Here's the thread:
    http://www.ronpaulforums.com/showthr...passing-dollar

Worth noting that China and Malaysia just completed a deal bypassing the dollar.
    Last edited by devil21; 12-28-2014 at 06:00 PM.

They are adding Russian and Malaysian currencies to their foreign exchange (Forex) market. They already trade in US Dollars, Japanese Yen, Euros, Australian Dollars and five other currencies. It really isn't a "by-pass" of the dollar. Traders can buy dollars with yuan or British Pounds with rubles or Euros with yen or whatever other currencies are allowed.
    Last edited by Zippyjuan; 12-28-2014 at 08:25 PM.

Hope it does well...

Oh yeah--I see that the dollar was totally destroyed

LOL! Ron Paul: Dollar Will Collapse, Gold Will “Go To Infinity”

I agree

June 19, 2013

Appearing on CNBC yesterday, former Congressman Ron Paul warned that if the US continues on its current course, the dollar will collapse, and gold will literally be priceless.

“Eventually, if we’re not careful, it will go to infinity, because the dollar will collapse totally,” Paul said on CNBC.com’s Futures Now.

http://www.infowars.com/ron-paul-dol...o-to-infinity/

15. Remove this section of ads by registering.
    bump for historical reference

Is the dollar dead yet? Has it collapsed and "gold gone to infinity"?

Quote Originally Posted by Zippyjuan View Post
    Is the dollar dead yet? Has it collapsed and "gold gone to infinity"?
    no, but bitcoins are going to infinity.

Dollar was dead long ago . Dollar has been dead since you could no longer buy anything with one .
    Last edited by oyarde; 10-19-2018 at 08:52 PM.

How many dollars do you need for 5 gallons of gas , five loaves of bread ?

Dollar is dead , they should just print Two's , 10's , 25's and get rid of 1's ,5's ,20's .LOL

Quote Originally Posted by oyarde View Post
    How many dollars do you need for 5 gallons of gas , five loaves of bread ?
    or an ounce of silver? A whole lot less than you did when this thread started...

Health care, hospital services, prescription drugs, "specialty" prescription drugs, food, college tuition, housing, automobiles, automobile insurance, automobile repairs, property taxes, credit card interest rates, bank services…

Do I really have to post the data or do Zippy and PRB have their bills paid for spewing strong dollar BS, so I have to post the actual numbers?

Silver and gold are severely (and illegally) managed "commodities" so that the Zippy Zombies will believe the dollar actually has been getting stronger.

Buy it while you can at these managed prices or forever hold your peace.

The bullion market (as it has been proven) trades 100 times physical to manage the prices while raking in billions in profit. But don't fret, an 'investigation' is under way.

Meanwhile...

JPMorgan Chase, the largest U.S. bank, one the largest providers of financial services in the world and one of the most powerful banks in the world has accumulated one of the largest stockpiles of silver the world has ever seen.

The total JP Morgan silver stockpile has increased dramatically in the last four years. In 2011, JP Morgan has little or no physical silver. By 2012, they had acquired 5 million ounces of silver bullion.

Incredibly, in the last 3 years their COMEX silver stockpile has increased tenfold and is now over 55 million ounces...
    ...while one can debate just what was the net demand/supply for various other sectors such as jewelry, technology, and physical (not paper) gold investment, one thing is clear: central banks went on a shopping spree. According to the latest World Gold Council data, in 2014 the world's central banks went on a golden shopping binge to take advantage of the ongoing dumping in paper ETF gold, resulting in bank net purchases amounted to 477 tonnes over the past year, a 17% above 2013’s 409 tonnes. This was the second highest year of central bank net purchases for 50 years, coming second only to the 544 tonnes added to global gold reserves in 2012.
    Of course, the CBs just want to load up on gold tonnage in their vaults "for tradition", so Zippy recommends loading up on dollars instead. You decide.

24. Remove this section of ads by registering.
    bump

Remember folks, all the propaganda the Trump shill accounts post on RPF these days is just cover stories for the end stages of the death of the FRN global reserve standard.

Exactly. They are soaking us for as much as they can before they bail out when the whole thing comes crashing down on us.
    1776 > 1984

The FAILURE of the United States Government to operate and maintain an
    Honest Money System , which frees the ordinary man from the clutches of the money manipulators, is the single largest contributing factor to the World's current Economic Crisis.

The Elimination of Privacy is the Architecture of Genocide

Belief, Money, and Violence are the three ways all people are controlled

Our central bank is not privately owned.

Is the dollar dead yet? ...
    I'm not dead. I'm getting better. I don't want to go on the cart. I feel fine. I think I'll go for a walk. I feel happy. I feel happy. /Dollar

~~~

It was one thing when it was just China and Russia banging the drum for challenges to dollar supremacy in global commerce. Now that the EU is on the train, it might finally have left the station. We'll see if they really do develop an alternative/competing clearing system to challenge the SWIFT system. The current bruhaha with Saudi Arabia is another potential inflection point in the story.

Control of Reserve Currency seems to shift about every 80 years or so, and it looks like we are due for another shift. Probably to China this time.
    1776 > 1984

The FAILURE of the United States Government to operate and maintain an
    Honest Money System , which frees the ordinary man from the clutches of the money manipulators, is the single largest contributing factor to the World's current Economic Crisis.

The Elimination of Privacy is the Architecture of Genocide

Belief, Money, and Violence are the three ways all people are controlled

Our central bank is not privately owned.

Seems like a good time to bump this thread and add a new post.

https://www.yahoo.com/news/six-europ...022501492.html

PARIS — Paris, London, and Berlin today welcomed six new European countries to the INSTEX barter mechanism, which is designed to circumvent US sanctions against trade with Iran by avoiding use of the dollar.

“As founding shareholders of the Instrument in Support of Trade Exchanges (INSTEX), France, Germany, and the United Kingdom warmly welcome the decision taken by the governments of Belgium, Denmark, Finland, the Netherlands, Norway, and Sweden to join INSTEX as shareholders,” the three said in a joint statement.

The Paris-based INSTEX functions as a clearinghouse allowing Iran to continue to sell oil and import other products or services in exchange. more at link
    -----------------------------------
    You got your answer @Bern ^^^^^

Quote Originally Posted by Bern View Post
    I'm not dead. I'm getting better. I don't want to go on the cart. I feel fine. I think I'll go for a walk. I feel happy. I feel happy. /Dollar

~~~

It was one thing when it was just China and Russia banging the drum for challenges to dollar supremacy in global commerce. Now that the EU is on the train, it might finally have left the station. We'll see if they really do develop an alternative/competing clearing system to challenge the SWIFT system. The current bruhaha with Saudi Arabia is another potential inflection point in the story.
    ---------------------------------------

Quote Originally Posted by Bossobass posted article
    JPMorgan Chase, the largest U.S. bank, one the largest providers of financial services in the world and one of the most powerful banks in the world has accumulated one of the largest stockpiles of silver the world has ever seen.

The total JP Morgan silver stockpile has increased dramatically in the last four years. In 2011, JP Morgan has little or no physical silver. By 2012, they had acquired 5 million ounces of silver bullion.

Incredibly, in the last 3 years their COMEX silver stockpile has increased tenfold and is now over 55 million ounces...
    Today, JPM's COMEX silver holdings is officially at 161 million oz. They short it on the paper side and buy on the physical side.
    Last edited by devil21; 12-03-2019 at 11:00 AM.

Quote Originally Posted by devil21 View Post
    You got your answer @Bern ^^^^^
    Instex has yet to facilitate a single trade. It's not clear if it ever will. But the more nations that commit to it, the harder it will be for the USA to cockblock it with hardball politics. For now at least, it seems like Europe is focused on the idea only for facilitating trade to bypass USA imposed sanctions on Iran. If it ever becomes a real thing facilitating trade, it has the potential to develop into a competitor to SWIFT.

3-23-20
    I started this thread 11 years ago. The thread title is close to being fulfilled.

Fed promises QE∞ to buy everything forever and melt the FRN dollar.
    https://www.cnbc.com/2020/03/23/fed-...purchases.html

Federal Reserve's Quantitative Inflation
    Trump and Congress' Economic Inflation package

"Let it not be said that we did nothing." - Dr. Ron Paul. "Stand up for what you believe in, even if you are standing alone." - Sophie Magdalena Scholl
    "War is the health of the State." - Randolph Bourne "Freedom is the answer. ... Now, what's the question?" - Ernie Hancock.

33. Remove this section of ads by registering.
    "Let it not be said that we did nothing." - Dr. Ron Paul. "Stand up for what you believe in, even if you are standing alone." - Sophie Magdalena Scholl
    "War is the health of the State." - Randolph Bourne "Freedom is the answer. ... Now, what's the question?" - Ernie Hancock.

Quote Originally Posted by devil21 View Post
    3-23-20
    I started this thread 11 years ago. The thread title is close to being fulfilled.

Fed promises QE∞ to buy everything forever and melt the FRN dollar.
    https://www.cnbc.com/2020/03/23/fed-...purchases.html
    Yeah this is the big one. They have kept it going for a long time - as evidenced by your 11 year thread! - but now the Fed are going 'all in' to destroy the dollar .

Page 3 of 9 FirstFirst 12345 ... LastLast