Page 1 of 4 123 ... LastLast

Thread: Who on this forum lives in New Hampshire?

Who on this forum lives in New Hampshire?

Please speak up.

Then, if you would be so kind to add your state to your profile, that would be really great.

You are the people who are going to know best how we can help out in New Hampshire for the upcoming primary and we need to know who you are.

2. Remove this section of ads by registering.

When I'm in VT i'm about 15 minutes from New Hampshire. Right now, members of my primary meetup group (Boston) are working with people in NH to get Ron Paul groups set up at all of the colleges there.
    I heartily accept the motto, "That government is best which governs least"; and I should like to see it acted up to more rapidly and systematically. Carried out, it finally amounts to this, which also I believe — "That government is best which governs not at all"; and when men are prepared for it, that will be the kind of government which they will have. - Henry David Thoreau

We REALLY need to focus on NH and IA - pronto!!!
    Our rights are not derived from man but exist because we are men.

Is there a way the admins can add a "state location option"under our usernames?

Quote Originally Posted by ItsTime View Post
    NH here!
    are you in a NH meetup?
    what kind of activity are you seeing over there?

Quote Originally Posted by Sematary View Post
    yes, we do. We need a Jimmy Carter-knock on every door kind of project... is the FREE STATE PROJECT behind RP?

10. Remove this section of ads by registering.
    Quote Originally Posted by JosephTheLibertarian View Post
    yes, we do. We need a Jimmy Carter-knock on every door kind of project... is the FREE STATE PROJECT behind RP?
    The FSP does not offically endorse candidates.

However a lot of FSP members, like myself, are behind him.

I would think that Free State is our ace in the hole, but I don't know. If You are a free stater and do not vote for ron paul, you can lick my ba//s!
    Has Gun Will Revolt

Go to freestateproject.org and click through to the forums to find a bunch of RP FSP supporters.

Quote Originally Posted by paulitics View Post
    are you in a NH meetup?
    what kind of activity are you seeing over there?
    http://ronpaul.meetup.com/6/

I just visited their website. So are there only 489 freestaters in NH? I thougt there was alot more.
    Has Gun Will Revolt

If the Free Staters don't already know they need to check out this thread:

Urgent! Closed Primary States! Register As A Republican Now!
    http://www.ronpaulforums.com/showthread.php?t=21366

We need their help ASAP
    It does not require a majority to prevail, but rather an irate, tireless minority keen to set brush fires in people's minds. -Samuel Adams

Quote Originally Posted by orenbus View Post
    If the Free Staters don't already know they need to check out this thread:

Urgent! Closed Primary States! Register As A Republican Now!
    http://www.ronpaulforums.com/showthread.php?t=21366

We need their help ASAP
    posted and it is circulating myspace right now. Everyone is forwarding the bulletin. We have made phone calls to those who do not have the internet and they are telling their friends. I personally know a few dems that are changing and are pissed about having to do so in the "live free or die" state.

I suggest everyone post it everywhere even if you do not live in NH

Quote Originally Posted by Cindy View Post
    Is there a way the admins can add a "state location option"under our usernames?
    There is already one that appears in the upper right hand corner of the screen. Look at mine. You just have to enter it into your profile.

19. Remove this section of ads by registering.

Cool. Hi Geronimo. Would you mind editing your profile so your state shows up?

A lot of us are freaked out about the deadline of October 12 to get any Democrats to register as Republicans so they can vote in the primary.

We're trying to figure out how to best help you guys in New Hampshire. Those of you who live there are going to be the best judge. Ideas?

I got it from a good source here in NH that the magic number to win the NH primary is 40k.

And yes, that 12 Oct deadline is creeping up quickly.

It's a small state with a small population.

Word of mouth probably would serve best, pass the word, if you are registered democrat and want to vote for RP in the primary, change your party affiliation before the 12th.

"Undeclared" can declare on primary day at the polling place, this was confirmed at my town hall registrar today.

Sure, I'll edit my profile so that my state shows up.

I'm one of those folks who needs to register before October 12th.
    Thanks for reminding me.

I'd suggest contacting the local meetup groups in order to see how some of you might be able to help. There may be more meetup groups in NH. These are just the ones that I had bookmarked. The very last link is for the Brattleboro VT group. Brattleboro is just across the border of NH.
    (they also have a nice clothing optional law)

http://ronpaul.meetup.com/309/
    http://ronpaul.meetup.com/893/
    http://ronpaul.meetup.com/879/?gj=sj5
    http://ronpaul.meetup.com/6/?gj=sj3
    http://ronpaul.meetup.com/422/?gj=sj21

Don't hold it against me, but I'm not active in any of the groups. I get their emails, and I stay informed about what's going on, but I'm not the kind of guy to go knocking on doors, or waving signs. I went to see Ron on at the UNH debate, and at the family walk the other day. I've met a few people, and I've got my hands on a few yard signs, and I've posted them in a few different areas across NH. If I had more signs I'd post more signs. So if anyone has any leads as to get more signs (and wire wickets) I have the motivation and the time to plant as many as possible before the primary.

If I can think of any other way for you folks to help out I'll be sure to let you know.

Quote Originally Posted by Geronimo View Post
    If I had more signs I'd post more signs. So if anyone has any leads as to get more signs (and wire wickets) I have the motivation and the time to plant as many as possible before the primary.
    Did you ever check with the New Hampshire campaign office? I would imagine they would give you all the signs you could possibly plant. I don't know their phone number, but they surely have one. An email address is listed here:
    http://www.ronpaul2008.com/states/new-hampshire/

Try that first and if they will not, I will pay for some for you.

I'll try them, and another contact that got me a few signs before.

Thanks!

I don't live in New Hampshire, but I will put it in my profile so it makes it look like we have more people from New Hampshire in here. Then when the neo-cons visit this forum they'll say, "Ron Paul has a ton of New Hampshire supporters! We might as well focus our efforts on other primary states. He's a shoe in to win in the Live Free or Die State." Do you think this strategy is a good one to employ?
    "Instead of the “end of history,” we are now experiencing the end of a vocal limited-government movement in our nation’s capital. While most conservatives no longer defend balanced budgets and reduced spending, most liberals have grown lazy in defending civil liberties and now are approving wars that we initiate. The so-called “third way” has arrived and, sadly, it has taken the worst of what the conservatives and liberals have to offer." -Ron Paul

Quote Originally Posted by Ron Paul Fan View Post
    I don't live in New Hampshire, but I will put it in my profile so it makes it look like we have more people from New Hampshire in here. Then when the neo-cons visit this forum they'll say, "Ron Paul has a ton of New Hampshire supporters! We might as well focus our efforts on other primary states. He's a shoe in to win in the Live Free or Die State." Do you think this strategy is a good one to employ?
    From what I've heard, he is not a shoe-in at all. Have you checked out the polling numbers? We are FAR from winning. There are still a lot of people who don't even know who he is. Why do you think Dr. Paul brought his whole family to NH last weekend to walk door-to-door? They had planned to hit 50K houses, and only got to 12K. Maybe because not enough volunteers were willing to help. Don't know.

28. Remove this section of ads by registering.
    Quote Originally Posted by LibertyEagle View Post
    From what I've heard, he is not a shoe-in at all. Have you checked out the polling numbers? We are FAR from winning. There are still a lot of people who don't even know who he is. Why do you think Dr. Paul brought his whole family to NH last weekend to walk door-to-door? They had planned to hit 50K houses, and only got to 12K. Maybe because not enough volunteers were willing to help. Don't know.
    No, I never said he's a shoe in. I said that the neo-cons would think he's a shoe in if they come to this forum and a couple thousand people are registered as members from New Hampshire. We then create a couple more forums for Ron Paul and do the same thing. Then they'll think that Ron Paul has New Hampshire locked up and they'll invest their resources elsewhere. I think it's a great strategy. If I can get 300 people on board by next week then I'll send out some emails and go door to door with flyers. It's a good idea and it's perfectly legal unlike some of the ideas around here.

You mean to tell me that there were 800 people at the rally and they only hit 12,000 houses? That's only 15 houses per person! Did they walk around the block and call it a day because they were tired? We need you people in New Hampshire to fight! The way I see it is you have two choices. You can either live free, or you can die. Dr. Paul has already said he'd rather be alive and free. I guess other New Hampshireites don't feel the same way as our leader.
    "Instead of the “end of history,” we are now experiencing the end of a vocal limited-government movement in our nation’s capital. While most conservatives no longer defend balanced budgets and reduced spending, most liberals have grown lazy in defending civil liberties and now are approving wars that we initiate. The so-called “third way” has arrived and, sadly, it has taken the worst of what the conservatives and liberals have to offer." -Ron Paul

Quote Originally Posted by Sematary View Post

No crap! What exactly is the game plan people? We need to hit these states on all fronts. Bombard them with tv, radio, newspaper ads. Get going on mailing letter campaign, and making phone calls. We need to do some mass mailing/emailing to every college student in those states. We need people on the ground knocking and leaving literature on every door in the state. We really need to break these things down before its too cold outside to really do anything and before it's too late. Remember how the Ames straw poll went? We did some great things, but we also got a late start.

^^
    We can't settle for 5th place again. We need a top 3 finish in NH or it's game over dudes!

I'm in NH and yesterday I went to the state's largest fair. My wife and I were rocking our Ron Paul shirts and I had countless people respond either directly or indirectly asking who Ron Paul is. I talk about Ron Paul every chance I get, and I've gotten a lot of people turned on to him, but I'm not feeling good about our chances in NH, unless the ads start running day and night. People in NH need to feel he has a chance to win, or they aren't going to "waste their vote" on him.

I know we can't put all the effort into NH, but if we don't start getting more coverage it's over folks.
    I just saved a bunch of money by switching to Ron Paul.
    Live free or die trying.

Quote Originally Posted by NPursuit357 View Post
    I'm in NH and yesterday I went to the state's largest fair. My wife and I were rocking our Ron Paul shirts and I had countless people respond either directly or indirectly asking who Ron Paul is. I talk about Ron Paul every chance I get, and I've gotten a lot of people turned on to him, but I'm not feeling good about our chances in NH, unless the ads start running day and night. People in NH need to feel he has a chance to win, or they aren't going to "waste their vote" on him.

I know we can't put all the effort into NH, but if we don't start getting more coverage it's over folks.
    I've been saying this

its the best state for RP (libertarian leaning), it also only has 1,235,786 people!! a grassroots spark there could do a lot. I wish I lived there, I'd knock on every gawd damn door lol

if meet up groups all swarmed there, we could create a wild fire
    Last edited by JosephTheLibertarian; 10-01-2007 at 08:31 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by NPursuit357 View Post

and the key is to do that now, not in a few weeks or months. No matter what the excuse, (which has been going on since Iowa) it never ACCOMPLISHES anything, but decreases our chances of winning each day. All we do is debate wether his poll numbers are 3 or 6 % or wether he raised 3 or 5 million.

Right now, we probably lost thousands of democrats (and libertarians I still don't know) when the deadline was announced, because the excuse was given to hold off until HQ's says something.

Now our best chance is to capture the lions share of independents, and the best way is with a mass media blitz, door to door canvassing, and mailouts to all independents and any other idea we can think of. If we wait a month, we will have to work that much harder,and snow and cold will be there before you can say "we shoulda...."

We need to realize the a couple million will have to be spent there, from us and the HQs and that we will need an army of volunteers that we should fund and help out. Everyone in that state should know about Ron Paul not 10%. The question is how are we going to make that happen, and what are we going to do about it.

Page 1 of 4 123 ... LastLast